Some Memorable PTV Commercials: What Were Your Favorite Ads?

Posted on May 10, 2008
Filed Under >Adil Najam, Society, TV, Movies & Theatre

The Ads (commercials) we watch while growing up can sometimes have an amazingly profound an impact on us. When I look back at all my years of growing up with PTV (Pakistan Television) I remember as many ads as I do any other form of programming. The memories of some still bring back a smile on my face. This blog post shares a few of those ads which I was able to find on YouTube.

This first one (above) is the famous Binaca Ad with the, then, child singer Afshaan who used to appear in the Sohail Rana children music programs and later, when all grown up, also appeared often on PTV.

This famous Naurus Ad (Naurus, by the way, is the other Red Bull of Pakistan) was equally popular and the cute little girl featured here was a national sensation of her time. I wonder where she is now.

"Your

We have written aboutsome very striking old PIA Ads, print Ads from the 1950s, and also about credit card and bank advertising and telecom company advertising. But old PTV ads have a quality and power all their own (see some new TV ads here).

I am not sure if these ads are necessarily better than the ones we have now. Indeed, some of the new ads are truly amazing – programming quality or better. For example, the Tapal Tea Ads/songs that Shoaib Mansoor produced. And also many more. Mayb, I was younger then and the memories of those days seem more glorious in retrospect. Or, maybe, we only had one channel and much fewer ads and, therefore, whatever was on TV seemed more memorable.

But whatever the reason, for me at least, these ads and the memories of some others from the same era have a particular and special quality to them. I have enjoyed seeing them again, and I hope you will too.

I should confess that I always found this next Ad – of State Life Insurance – rather funny. I still do. The very cute child is praying for her father’s long life and celebrating the fact that he has bought a Life Insurance policy. I wonder why buying – or cashing – a Life Insurance Policy bring such happiness to any child? Anyhow, the ad was catchy and very very popular. In fact, I think it was remade twice or thrice.

By the way, in the realm of the funny were the old Metromillan Billi Marka Agarbatti Ads. Unfortunately, I could not find a video of them.

One of my all-time favorite Ads – and, unfortunately, I could not find a video of this one – was the old Peek Freens biscuit Ad with the Pied Piper luring all the kids away with Peek Freens biscuits. This is the one filmed on a beautiful hill-station location and produced, I believe, by Javed Jabbar.

Another memorable one was this Ad for Kiwi Show polish. Again, the theme is school children and teh classroom. Watch here if the video below does not work.

Do share with us what might be some of your favorite ads from the old PTV days. And why?

facial hair styles
groupon phoenix
best restaurants in chicago
public service announcement
cervical cancer symptoms

80 comments posted

1. Sohail says:
    May 10th, 2008 11:52 am

You missed my all time favourite TV commercial ad.
    It is a Lipton Tea ad.

Chai chahiaey;
    kon si junab
    Lipton umda hey

or something like that.

2. Shaukat says:
    May 10th, 2008 11:57 am

the Lipton Ad was one of my favorites too. I had you did have something on that some time ago?

I also liked the Naurus Ad a lot.

The Peek Freens Ad is another classic.

There were also some classic K2 and Gold Leaf cigarette Ads.

3. commoner says:
    May 10th, 2008 1:11 pm

“Liptan di chah” has been an all time favourite, the ad. i mean, hehe, and than there was that “Men demand Capstan , the world over” and the emotionally exploitative “Ay khuda meray abbo salamat rahin”. Oh the good old days of black n white PTV.

4. TEE BEE says:
    May 10th, 2008 1:23 pm

Huge collection of classic Pakistani Ads on VidPK:

****************************

****************************

5. commoner says:
    May 10th, 2008 1:31 pm

And then there were those family planning ads. of 70s, with a mouse coming out from Attay ka tin, and the single little cub proudly claiming “main baRa ho kar jungle ka badshsh banoon ga”. But then we descended into the “seah raat” of Zia when family planning first became family welfare and then a taboo not to be discussed publicly. The result, 45 lakhs babies being added annually to a society already bursting at the seams.We are not heading for a popular revolution or a chancy atomic explosion but a likely population implosion, god forbid.

6. Almakky says:
    May 10th, 2008 1:32 pm

Yar who can forget the brilliant Rhythm Of Unity – Morven Gold Ad.

I believe it has also won many International awards.

Enjoy!!!

7. Navcity says:
    May 10th, 2008 1:38 pm

“White, pink, yellow, blue. Rang ba rangay soft tissues. Rose petal”loved that every time.Sheer class!

8. Azeema says:
    May 10th, 2008 1:43 pm

Ah.. what memories… I agree with your blog and I am sure everyone who grew up in Pakistan in the eighties (and had acces to tv viewing) would. Watching the ads brought a strange tinge of nostalgia and it was good to know that there are many others like me who were so moved by those ads.. Your blog not only refreshed the memories of the ads but also the PTV dramas of that period which are easily classified as classics, now.. And I totally relate to the idea that may be it was our age, what makes those things look so perfect.. or the fact that we did not have too many choices but whatever the reason they still bring great sense of comfort even upon imaging.. thanks to youtube and your blog for the journey backwards in time..

9. Azeem says:
    May 10th, 2008 2:03 pm

Oh yes. I remember the “men demand Capstan” Ad. That was quite something. Actually many of the cigarette ads were great but with totally screwed up social messages. Like the Morven Gold Ads.

Great blog . Thanks.

10. -Farid says:
    May 10th, 2008 3:20 pm

Ah yes..!! Good ones all. I recently re-discovered them all myself on youtube.

Here’s another one, which was done by Morvern Gold but is more of a song than an ad. Its also not as old as the others, but still worth revisiting.

and how about this anti-smoking ad. featuring Wasim Akram in his playing days

Though I will say that we do see some great ads done today too (and some crappy ones too) I guess oldies will always be goldies not just for their own sake, but for the rush of memories they bring back.

PS: And if you are down the memory lane of the 80′s there’s plenty of vintage fifty-fifty stuff up on youtube. Disco Chor anyone ?!

Anyway, thanks for sharing !

11. mb says:
    May 10th, 2008 3:23 pm

Some annoying and now comforting memories:

Kaam kareN ham Kaam
    Kaam se jab thak jayeN
    phir kareN araam

Araam ka hai naam
    DIAMOND MULTI FOAM!!!
    ——————–
    Dentonic…daant chamak jayeN (tink, tink tink, sparkle sparkle!)
    ——————–
    Gaye Soap ki taraf se ahl-e-watan ko eid mubarak!…Gaye Soap (Mooo!)

12. Yaqoob Hassan says:
    May 10th, 2008 3:48 pm

What great memories.
    The Dentonic Ad was a classic. I remember it so well.

You are right, we remember the Ads even if we never used teh products.

Nice Blog.

13. Shiraz says:
    May 10th, 2008 3:50 pm

Adil, hamain yadashtoon kee galeeon main lah janay kay leay shukriya (thanks for taking us down to memory lanes)

Lipton Tea ad “Chai chahiaey”, Mayfair toffees ad, Naz Pan Masala (Afshan ? w/ Faisal) were among on of my favorite.

Most annoying..come on…no body mentioned
    Lifebouy sabun ad..God!!!!! I hated it..I still can smell this sabun’s annoying smell on internet :-)

14. Yaqoob Hassan says:
    May 10th, 2008 3:52 pm

By the way, anyone remember the early “Fair and Lovely” Ads. Those were quite something!

May 10th, 2008 4:08 pm

I also remeber the K2 cigarette ad which said ‘K2 pe aaiyay, zaaiqa apnaaiay’. It showed two heavy smokers climbing a very naorrow and conical peak of World’s Second highest mountain K2 and placing a flag at the top.

The joke among my friends was the -ad company made a fake K2 peak in the studio by throwing some ‘choona’ (white wash paint) on a cement conical shape which was hardy 3 feet in diameter at the base and very pointed at the top and called it K2 :)

Adil thanks for this post.

May 10th, 2008 4:13 pm

Another famous one was ‘Tinopal ka lashkaara” :) The acting in this ad was so sub-standard that we used to act this ad among our friends and mock the acting by exaggerating.

One guy was shown asking another: “hmm nayay kapray?”

and the other guy used to look so scared, astonished and happy, all at the same time at this question (due to his overacting) and used to reply as:

” nahin tinopal ka lashkaara” :)

17. Farooq Siddiqui says:
    May 10th, 2008 4:37 pm

How about ‘Montgomery Montgomery Sweets’… and the fifty-fifty spoof ‘Punjabi Film ho gai hit’.

18. Ghulam Farid says:
    May 10th, 2008 5:15 pm

Excellent!

It has been ages since I saw the Binaca Ad.

Does Binaca still exist?

I think this along with the Lipton chai chahiaye Ad has to be amonst the best Pakistani Ads ever?

19. MQ says:
    May 10th, 2008 5:52 pm

Does anyone remember the Habib Bank ad?

A loud voice says: Habib Bank!
    The man responds: Mera Bank!
    The wife says: Mera bhi tau hay!
    The 4-5 year old child chimes in: Mela bhi tau hay!!

20. whole LOTA love says:
    May 10th, 2008 7:11 pm

Dentonic’s advert has been the most irritating thing that i have ever seen in my life.

yes, the one with the monkey and awful dentonic’s mascot, especially the giggle at the end was the most annoying part.

21. Faraz says:
    May 10th, 2008 11:02 pm

Feeling way too nostalgic after watching these adds. Were those the good days or does it just feel that way?

22. HBM says:
    May 11th, 2008 1:29 am

There was this ad for some toffees in the 90′s. This cane-swirling scary guy dressed as a magician walks up to some kids and singing in a menacing tone goes, ‘Bol bachay, meri jaaib main kya’.

It was the age of innocence.

23. May 11th, 2008 1:33 am

my fav has to be a pepsi ad which starred imran khan, wasim akram and waqar younis with a bunch of school kids playing cricket. it was a beautifully made ad where both wasim and waqar were trying to be lucky with the ball but it was the skipper who got the breakthrough, ofcourse after having pepsi :P

24. Eidee Man says:
    May 11th, 2008 3:48 am

Great idea Adil; a welcome change from the current tension over the judges’ issue.

Since, everyone has mentioned his/her favorite ads, and being the constant dissenter I am, I’ll tell you what ad I ABSOLUTELY ABHORRED THROUGHOUT MY CHILDHOOD:

It’s the Rafhan jelly/pudding ad with the nerdy kid asking “Ammi aaj say!” Yes, you ALL know what I’m referring to.

By the way, 4ManShow did a brilliant spoof of the ad with “Imran Khan” doing the voice-over.

25. Shaji says:
    May 11th, 2008 7:33 am

After a loooooong video… “Waseem bhai, aap thekte naheen?”… “Naheen mein cigarette naheen peeta” :)

26. ISHRAT says:
    May 11th, 2008 7:51 am

Yes, I also used to find the Dentonic Ads really really annoying.

The other really annoying Ads were of Kisan Urea that came up right at dinner time and showed all these nasty pictures of pests and SUNDIs!

27. May 11th, 2008 7:54 am

Neelma Hasan’s dentonic Ad.

Ek Chutki Dentonic se Chutki bajatay he

tringggggggggggggggggggggg…..

Daant Sufaid aur Chamakdar. DEN-TO-NIC

naz Pan:

Jis ki Kushbo b pyari Jis k Lazzat b Pyari
    Wo hay Sab ko Pasand
    meri muthi me band hay kia…
    Batadona!
    Naz Pan Masala Naz Pan Masala

Bonanza.
    The guy who used to read English news was the model

Fashion k Dunya Mey aya.. Bonanza Bonanza Bonanza..

And one of my Favorite:

Gas aur bloodpressure k Ilaj k liye.. Farzana Dawakahana Dastigir Number Nau(9) Karachi

28. May 11th, 2008 7:56 am

And and.. weired Muhammad farooq’s Textiles Ad which were based on Imran Khan.

29. SJH says:
    May 11th, 2008 8:00 am

It is a bit of a blur but the most memorable “ads” if that is what you can call them were for things like the Police, Army etc. I don’t know how long they lasted but they were quite the rage in the late 70′s and early 80′s at least. How long did that “Police ka he farz madad aap ki” ad run? The jingle is, for better or for worse, burnt into my memory.

30. May 11th, 2008 8:43 am

And the weirdest Pakistani Product, “Gayee Soap”

31. Kashif Bukhari says:
    May 11th, 2008 9:27 am

Chai chahiaey;
    kon si junab
    Lipton umda hey
    Lipton peejiye or leejiye

But there was a time when the PTV was blasted with these fertilizers ads showing sundis and all especially at dinner time me and my brother used to joke that even PTV had caught sundis and we need some fertilizers spray for PTV. The funny part was zooming in and flashing all different type of sundis one by one. We were kids and used to laugh while girls in the family used to leave the tv room all to us boys ;)))

But one jingle from that time is stuck in my mind and I kind of liked it.

Eda tikha teer tey kaman teray kol ee
    Uth meray beliya Uth meray beliya
    Padan teray kol ee

32. Saadiya says:
    May 11th, 2008 9:34 am

Oh wow

Finally a beautiful nostalgic post. I loved “Gul Ahmed ki Lawn” waali mashooris :)

I hated Gayee soap ki janab say tamam karam farmaon ki EEEEEEEEEEED Mubarak! But its somehow etched on our pshyches :)

I loved,

Piyaari Amma
    Mano baat Hamari
    Amma talo may pakao
    hamay sehat mand banao ..

Thanks for a wonderful post Adil! Much appreciated.

33. Kashif Bukhari says:
    May 11th, 2008 9:39 am

Oh and the famous ad
    Pakistani Fauj ke jawan hein hum
    Zalzala ho ya seilab logon key kaam atein hein used to wait for this ad.

34. Ghulam Farid says:
    May 11th, 2008 10:09 am

I had never really thought much about the State Life commercial until now but now that I see it here it is quite funny and I also wonder why any loving dUghter would sing that jingle. But I do recall it being very popular

35. Okha_Jatt says:
    May 11th, 2008 10:43 am

Wow, so many nice memories.

Many of you have already mentioned some ads which are etched in my memory forever. I remember I was in primary school when I first saw the weird ad of some textile company, may be some Farooq Textiles in which some bowler used to run in a shadow. I could not understand the logic behind that.

Secondly, a more recent one. “Khaon ga nahin, tou bara kaisey hoon ga”. It was some cooking oil ad.

How about “dou goli dispirin”?

One nice ad from my childhood was of a bagpiper followed by many children who used to follow him to a big hut in the shape of a shoe. I do not remember, this ad was for which product but that shoe-like hut is etched in my memory.

May 11th, 2008 11:35 am

Okha_Jatt, The bowler running in the shadow of textile mill ad was none other than Pakistan’s cricketer Jalaluddin.

Jalaluddin holds the record of making first hat-trick in the history of One Day Internationals.

37. syma says:
    May 11th, 2008 12:16 pm

how about the hilarious “gai” soap commercial in which the gai (cow) kicks its hind leg to work a toap (canon ball)!!!

38. May 11th, 2008 12:32 pm

LOL-this is not an ancient Ad but Mod Girl’s Cream bleach Ad was so weired and lame that it always brought smile . It was like:

ummm Mera Gora Bannay Ka Sapna Such Huwa
    [an idiot looking guy in window]

Hua

Jab Mod Gal cream bleach ne, Mujhe Chuwa
    (same idiot looking guy in window)

CHua

Tu Pandra Minute mey hogai mey Gori Gori

(Idiot guy again)

Gori Gori

39. Rafay Kashmiri says:
    May 11th, 2008 3:15 pm

@ ek chutki dentonic say ek chutki mein tammam
    dante ghaieb.

Gayee soap say nehlanay kay ba’ad apki gayee
    chutki mein chamak utthay gi.

( I am afraid, I have mixed up the ads, does’nt matter !!)

40. Sabz says:
    May 11th, 2008 3:19 pm

Baabu beeri ki janib say tamaam karam farmaaoN ko dill-ee Eid Mubarak!

And .. all the Bata and Service shoe ads around Eid as well. Although polishing the white PT shoes was such a messy job.

Who else polished their shoes at night with Kiwi or the PT shoes with the white-o like stuff that dripped on the floor unless you had an ‘akhbaar’ to catch the run off? :)

Good ‘ol days indeed!

41. Nisar Ahmed says:
    May 11th, 2008 9:09 pm

My favourite one was from black and white early era of PTV.
    It was Phillips ad:

Aye na aap hamare ghar
    Na padosi na
    Aap ke ghar mein radio na tv
    Na padosi na

This was an ad in both English and Urdu. The best ad ever!

I am looking for this ad, if somebody by miracle has it please let me know at pipric@hotmail.com.

Off course,

Chai chahiye
    Kaun si janab
    Lipton umda hai

is another classic.

Gold label tea’s…

Its a new day new day
    Shake me up! wake me up! tea

with a girl sending a flying kiss… man o man.

Dekha mein ne pyara sapna
    pehna he ik pyara kapda
    Sitara ki hai sapna lawn… the first ad to employ a foreign model.

I am Mr. Denotnic…. he he he he he….

is another ad which was very annoying for my dad, but funny for me.

Na na na… achha naheen balon ka girna
    ho girna say ho balo ko bachana
    to eden rock ho ga lagana… aur bal girna band.

What about:

Glo ra pel
    khushki ko bhool jaye
    Glorapel ko yad raken.

Muje Crystal Chaheye was another one. Reminds me of 50 50 parody as well.

Cha cha cha chen from Gillette.

Garam garam chai garam green spot chai
    isphahani green spot chai… with 50 50 changing it to

Sharam naheen aaye sharam in ko naheen aaye
    Pakistani Yeh kehlaye.

Ha ha ha… too many fond memories!

42. May 11th, 2008 9:47 pm

@Nisar. I had forgotten all about that Phillips Ad. It really was quite something. They used to show it with the late night movies and I know people (including my parents used to wait for the Ad as much as the movie!). I was myself quite young then, but even I know that it was an icon of an Ad.

And, yes, it may well be the best ever (though I think many of the one’s mentioned here by various commenters are contenders for that title). However, I think that that particular Ad may not really be a “Pakistani” commercial and might have been an “import” dubbed into Urdu. Would love to find out if it is indeed so.

43. MQ says:
    May 11th, 2008 9:57 pm

Another crude ad, I thought, was:

LakkaR hazam, pathar hazam!

44. aac says:
    May 12th, 2008 3:19 am

beautiful post adil.

one adv about which no one has said anything was of a refrigerator going something like;

yeh hai kahani do bahnoon ki,
    aik ney khareeda direct cool no frost
    …………

kesi museebat ghar me lai…

v still enact that jingle whenever the topic is about something to do two siblings

45. hello_world says:
    May 12th, 2008 3:43 am

Nice blog. brings back so many memories. Well people have already mentioned all the ads that i liked. The best was from Muhammed Farooq Textiles…. that cricket ad where shadows were playing cricket with strange music. What a spooky ad. I wish i could find it on youtube!!!!
    I also find it interesting that BoneyM was very popular in those days. I can remember at least 3 ads that used music from BoneyM numbers
    1: Polka Chocbar …. music was from ‘Night flights from Venus’
    2:Shezan Zangebil: music was from ‘Rasputin’
    3: Sunny Busicuits: Music was from similar naming track ‘Sunny’.
    Seems like advertisement agencies in those days were huge admirers of BoneyM :-)

46. Janeeta says:
    May 12th, 2008 4:20 am

thats an awesome post adil bhai .. it brings back so many fond memories …. my favourite one was the morven gold unity ad .. me and my siblings used to leave all our work whenever that ad came …. i also kind a like the don carlos ad by service shoes … and the most annoying gayee soap… and life buoy and dentonic was real funny metro milan agarbatti ad the one with that bridal theme that was so funny

47. May 12th, 2008 6:05 am

Nayab Banaspati Ad:

Beta Kisi k Bato mey Na ana.. Ghee Hamesha Nayab he Lana kion k Nayab Dekha Bhala Hay.

Tea Ad:

Karak Cha jo mazo Ruby Dust!

and famous Pakola Ad:

Hara Hara Pakoka,Ice Cream Soda
    Mujhe Lagay ye mazay mazay ka
    Mujhe lagay ye Thanda Thanda
    Icre Cream Soda!

48. Shafiq says:
    May 12th, 2008 6:59 am

Excellent post, my fav was the state life insurance..

Aye khuda meray abbu salamat rehain…

49. Usman Rasul says:
    May 13th, 2008 2:28 am

Hi Najam, I dont think you would remember me, but this is usman from UET 84 elec. Talking of adds the ones I distinctly recall is GAYE SOAP (laundry soap), i think this add is most unique in the sense that you saw a cow firing a cannon, and that too in a detergent add. But i think the add recall was excellent as it almost bordered on being ridiculously funny.

Another add which I think was popular was a powder milk add, in which Rani (a buffalo) was asked “Rani tumhara kia khiyal hai?” and the reply was Moooooooo….

I think 50-50 the shoaib mansoor funny skit programme also played a role in making some of these adds almost ever green by creating a hilarious skit around the add story line.

I still feel Mobilinks of today (Hi Farid) :)) should try to learn from the adds from India which predominantly focus on a humourous story line. The present day grim environment in Pakistan which gives few reasons for people to smile, i think lends itself for the advertising companies to really focus on making people laugh and in this way make the brands to be heard. Honestly I dont know how effective Muammar Rana in selling Jazz by dancing 24 hours a day on our screens. Just a thought Farid.

50. Janeeta says:
    May 13th, 2008 2:42 am

there was an ad of A1 karak chai … i just love the line aa gaya hai te cha gaya hai thaa karke from that ad….it was so funny

also the ad of gogo pan masala was quite annoying

dadi ji ke paandan se khatai thai hum paan
    naya zamana aya apnai sath gogo laya
    gogo paan maslai ki kya baat

but if i compare these ads from what we currently have i think the previous lot was much better in terms of contents and concept…. i never get the idea why there always has to be a female model in shaving creams / razors ads … but love the gillete ad with cha cha cha

51. D_a_n says:
    May 13th, 2008 5:27 am

couple of favourite adds…not for the reason that they were good add…they just bring back some very good memories..

one is for Beedee (desi cigarettes)…and i only remember it from the Eid days…’Babu Beedee bananay waloon ke taraf say ahle watan to dilly eid mubarak..Babu …babu!!!’…

the other is the Naz Paan masalah add…’Meri Muthi main bund hai kya….bata do na’ :) it was remade I think for a few years by updating the models with however was the ‘it’ couple or what not….

52. D_a_n says:
    May 13th, 2008 5:35 am

does anyone remember this add for a crop pest spray….

Ripcard da maro chirka….!!

53. legaleagle says:
    May 14th, 2008 3:38 am

Three blasts from the AD-Past are my favorites.

1. The theme music from CAPSTAN Ads!

&

2. Chai Chahiyay! Kon Si Janab? Lipton Umda Hai! Lipton Umda Hai!

and of course which young man of that time could forget the starlet of that time singing in the following ad!

3. Mer Muthi May band hai kiya? Bata do na! NAZ PAN MASALA! NAZ PAN MASALA!

54. Sadiq says:
    May 14th, 2008 8:02 pm

The Dentonic Ads have to be the worst of all times.

I think it was the owner who insisted to be in the Ads.

55. Karachiwalla says:
    May 16th, 2008 2:48 pm

I remember the Metromilan agarbsti billi marks Ads they used to be very elaborate

56. Aamir Adil says:
    May 19th, 2008 3:05 am

Neelma Hasan

57. Nabeel says:
    May 28th, 2008 2:31 am

Gayay soap! With the canon firing! LOL.

58. Anwar says:
    June 1st, 2008 4:56 am

But pakistan should develop in such a way that all the satellite television channels should be airing pakistan Advertisements.. otherwise its sick to see all the foreign advertisements during cricket and other programs…should we see our Advertisements only in PTV and Geo..where in Tensports and other channels we can’t see pak ads…

59. Faisal Amanat says:
    June 17th, 2008 3:41 am

The ads that were produced by Shoaib Mansoor were Supreme thematic ads done under ‘Supreme Ishq’ title. Just wanted to correct you there as in the article you have mentioned them to be Tapal’s ads.

60. June 17th, 2008 4:07 am

Hi those were the ads no doubt– par excellence– and in the reas sens old is gold. But the latest ad I watched and wondered what’s happening to our ad makers was of a condom manufacturers of which are giving generators through luck draw. Also the GMSA glue ad should be given the worst ad ever award.

61. jawad kazmi says:
    November 20th, 2008 4:39 am

i like the old add of NaZ PaN mAsAlA very much

meRi mUtHi mAiN BaNd hAi KyA
    tUn TUn TuN …..

BAtAdO Na

NaZ PAnMaSaLa:)

I LIKE THIS VERY MUCH EVEN NOW WHENEVER ANYONES NAME END AT naz I JUST RECALL
    btadona naz pan masala
    he he he

62. Ali says:
    December 16th, 2008 2:10 am

Dentonic —-> HE HE HE HE HE
    that monkey’s appearance in the end was hilarious

63. December 18th, 2008 9:52 am

Dear Brother kindly tell me do you have more commercial of 1970s I am mad to see them again in my life.
    I was child when I have seen those it will be dream become true if I see them again.
    God bless on you always
    yours brother
    shakeel hussain
    Sialkot

64. December 19th, 2008 6:22 am

kindly brothers and sister watch that above link evergreen song of Pakistani film prayi Aag picturized on nadeem and Shamim ara hope you will like this song and its taraz very much.
    if you like then email me
    shakeelsunny02@yahoo.com
    shakeel hussain
    sialkot

65. Maria Khan says:
    March 25th, 2009 11:45 pm

Hey,

Has someone found the Montgomery sweets ad?? Honey candy…oo ooo..pineapple…oooo!

66. Ali says:
    June 9th, 2009 4:55 am

soooo refreshing! hey, i came here looking for tha nonihal ad, (hoga dunya mai tu baymisal, meray bachay meray nonihal), any idea where i can find it, any sort of help will be really appreciated =)

67. Hina says:
    September 3rd, 2009 9:32 pm

Thank you for bringing a smile on my face. We are in North America for years now and I always tell my kids about our PTV ads and my neice who has never ever been to Pakistan sings ayena aap hamare ghar, na parrosi na. She has learnt that ad from her parents without ever seeing it. I would so so appreciate if someone posts it so I can show her the actual one

Regards

68. Yasser says:
    September 11th, 2009 6:47 am

Anyone remember disprin addd

*****
    Dard ka hul do goli naee disprin
    keon k naee disprin hul ho jati hai

sabit kha leejyeah yan pani main mila ker

do goli talwar k nishan wali naee dispric
    ***********

69. Nisar Haider Abbas says:
    December 13th, 2009 9:54 am

I loved the late 70s PTV ad of “Tuck Biscuits”. Would be grateful if any one could get its clip. I will keep sharing more memorable ads as and when recalled.

70. Ahmer says:
    May 25th, 2010 7:33 pm

abc abc abc oon,

police ka farz madad aap ki

pakistani fauj k jawan hain hum, har ghari tayyar kamran hain hum

the woman is always de laila laila

as new day new day (brookbond)

chai chahiye konsi jenab, lipton umda hai lipton lijiye.

kahan hai mera brush binaca, kahan hai meri cream binaca

bhool na jaana phir pappa

aye khuda mere abbu salamat rahain

aaye na aap humaray ghar, na parosi na

jahan jahan sooraj dhalay, philips k bulb aur tube jalay

71. shakeel says:
    July 4th, 2010 4:00 am

I love to see old commercial which I not found here in that website kindly tell me its link I will be very thankful to you because it was in my childhood when I have seen those memorable ptv commercials
    1-Man’s demand capstan cigrettes(was shot in different countries like hungry and many others)
    2-jet humara jet tumara(sarf ads)
    3-jale jab elahi sons ke bulb
    4-yamaha japani sung by mohammad Ali Sheky
    5-Bata ne diya Andaz Naya in 80s(Mohammad Ali Sheky)
    6-mehki mehki khushboo wali (Badar Munir pashto actor)

72. shakeel says:
    August 2nd, 2010 11:21 pm

I am very glad to see your this clip and beleive me I feel that I am child I have seen
    after 25 years now I am 42.
    I love to see old commercials of ptv like
    Jet humara jet tumara.
    Yamaha japani sung by shehky.
    Mehky Mehky khushbo wali late Badar Munir was there in that ads
    Jale jab elahi sons ke bulb.
    Mans demand capstan cigrette which was shooted in different countries like hungry.
    I love to see ptv old khabarnama with surya shahab and Azhar lodhi.
    Old start music of PTV in 70s.
    And children beautiful song
    Aate Baadal Jaate Baadal(Sohail Rana music)
    Dosti esa Nata.
    I love to see these memorable programmes and commercials of ptv in 70s
    So impatient to see them again after 25 years.
    If you have link or downloaded then please inform me link of you tube.
    Yours brother
    shakeel hussain
    Sialkot

73. shakeel says:
    August 2nd, 2010 11:27 pm

Brother Ahmer kindly give me your email I will give you some links of ptv classics ads
    shakeelsunnyc@yahoo.com

74. Jamshed says:
    August 3rd, 2010 1:31 am

Watching cable TV in Pakistan these days is pure torture.Certain channels devote much more time to ads than they do to programming.Most of the ads today are tasteless and and are repeated ad nauseam.
    PTV in the 1970s and 1980s did get a few things right.It produced some excllent programmes and yes,the ads from those days were pretty decent.

75. Saleem R. Chandna says:
    April 17th, 2011 3:57 am

Can someone post the famous ” a woman will always be lyla ” ad from lawrencepur woolen mills created way back in 1972.

76. Arshad Khan says:
    September 15th, 2011 4:23 pm

WOW…Wonderful. After all these many years, it give me pleasure enough to bring long smile on my face.

…Oh those were the days.

Let me bring another one…I can’t remember, its I think late 70′s or early 80′s I was 8 years old and anxiously wait PTV to start its transmission with our National Tarana.

Piyaray bachoon, Kiwi kya hai – Kiwi aik parinda hai (and repeat)
    Kya tum nay usko dekha hai aur kahan wo rehta hai – sab say achi polish ki dibya per kiwi rehta hai.

Can someone please post me loads and loads of ads on my mail. Thanks.

77. Arshad Khan says:
    September 15th, 2011 6:08 pm

Oh yes I forgot

Double action Brite, dhoay bhi chamkaye bhi…double action Brite. that washing powder ad remember folks.

and and

Oxford sweater…

even

TJs ad was there

Talo oil – the one like “amma talo main pakao hamain sehat mand banao” something like that.

Naz paan masala, jis khi khusbo bhi piyari jis ki lazzat bhi piyari. Remember a couple sitting in a boat.

and and

Mercury ki Underwear or Banyan. Mercury ad, can’t remember the ad actually.

78. Aliya Shad Khan says:
    February 15th, 2012 5:08 pm

Would appreciate if EBM could post the video of the famous pied piper add shot at the Convent of Jesus and Mary,Murree.
    Beautiful commercial indeed!

79. kashif says:
    June 19th, 2013 9:31 am

can someone post the add of tea time… any day anytime ……..good day good time……tea time

80. May 10th, 2014 8:03 pm

I have read so many articles on the topic of the blogger lovers but this piece of writing is genuinely a good paragraph, keep it up.