Place: Nowshera Virkan, Pakistan
Date: June 26, 2009
Photo Credits: Sheikh Munir Ahmad Azad
24 comments posted
Comment Pages: « 3  1 » Show All
dil baRRa hona chaheeaye janab!
Management tells that it is highly efficient vehicle — making maximum utilization of the available resources and space. And, if NASA somehow locates it they may think that this a vehicle to move in all directions on all sorts of uneven surfaces. They may deduce that Pakistan is planning Mars exploration!
its a TRUCKSHAW!
I think it’s jsut transporting those huge tires. They don’t seem to be permanent features of the rickshaw.
Thats a monster truck!:)
Sadar – e – Mumlikat Ki Rozgar Scheme……………….!
I propose a post (maybe by the wonderful Owais?) on the wacky and creative vehicles of rural Pakistan. I’ve seen some wild ones, and I’m sure there are many I haven’t seen. This type of rickshaw is surely new to me.
Such serviceable sculptures, often (I think) on some kind of tractor base and decorated and colorfully painted, are one of my best memories of Pakistan.
There’s a Flickr page with some good photos, but I don’t recall who took them now.
If such a post makes it to ATP, I promise I won’t grumble anything about how Pakistan needs a road law banning them because they are dangerous :)
Great photo, thanks for it!
More comments on this picture from ATP’s Facebook page:
- “well Ching Chi Truckshaw ………………… :D”
- “THiS iS PAKISTAN MY DEAR ghada ghora sub aik dande se hakete hein lolxxxxxxxxx”
- “yeh pakistani way of utilising place hai……………qingqi rikshaw bhi nahi chora”
- “this is a form or sort of Ricksaw; these type of vehicles are used in rular areas of Sheikhupura, Faisalabad, these vehicles have peter engines (peter engines are used for pumping water for agriculture purposes) and gear box of charade 1000 cc car and its maximum speed is more than 100 km/h. it’s ride is quite adventures and dangerous; as in case of accident one will have hand full of broken bones.”
- “Once upon a time, a tractor fell in love with a chingchi….”
- “It’s nothing else but PAkistan!”
- “Chand Gare”
- “Its a rickshaw !!! =P jo bare hoke tractor bane ga … =P”
- “PUnjabi…. jene maa pue nu staya one Riksha hi chlaya….”
- “its a RICKSHA ON STEROIDS”
- “kam waqt mein ziyada kam”
-”21 centry riksha zamane k andaz badle gaye”
- “ricksha on a fire”
- “This is Mobile Puncture shop”
- “True Pakistan…”
- “LolzzZ……….! This Qingai is loaded by Trackter Tyres….!”
- “six tyres and no hifi engine…”
- “woooooo jiya Pakistan”
- “chand gari”
-”Awesum!!! jai ho Pakistaan ke!! =)”
- “a chingchi rikshaw transporting the tractor tyres……….right???????or not wrong?????…lol”
– “this is tractor tyre .. dont you see :P”
- “ye ek Motor cycle rickshaw hai :P lol”
-”isnt this a mobile tyre shop? or AA has come with alternative means of transport?”
- “peter rikhsha……..deisel engine with chand garhi”
Have Your Say (Bol, magar piyar say)
Keep comments on topic; no personal attacks; don't submit indecent, inflammatory, slanderous, uncivil or irrelevant comments; flamers and trolls are not welcome; inappropriate comments will be removed or edited.
If you won't say it to someone's face, then don't say it here!
Readers who want to use a URL should please use the TINY URL program.
Thanks, and keep the comments coming!
Spam protection - Sum of 1 + 2 ?