It is not as if we do not have enough real problems in Pakistan to worry about. Why, then, do we keep inventing imaginary fights to worry about? Here are some Valentine’s Day pictures from Pakistan.
56 comments posted
Comment Pages: « 7 6 5 4  2 1 » Show All
LOL! @ Asma That was funny.
What the hell was she wearing??
I was asked by a friend who just saw a woman wrapped in a black burqa walking ten feet behind her fellow man.
(Since I am little bit familiar with this culture)
Listen buddy I said, I am equally shocked and amused at the sametime when I see a very little shorts (I would not describe more, since its a family site)
This is the only dominance they have, I continued.
Its like a control, somewhat like a Revenge of the ninjas.
We can see you but you cant see us.
Happy judges day.
Some comments from the ATP Facebook Page:
- “we are such an intolerable bunch!”
- “Why Pakistanis have to wage a war for everything under the sky???”
- “Coz in pakistan… many things r out of their shapes… this happens when culture of east mixes with west.”
- “Happy Valentine Day! Clerics create conflicts to bring cleavages and establish their territories of influence. This is their power politics for ‘social and political space’. They are good in using religion for gains.”
- “arnt you a Pakistani as well? just bcoz u dont live in Pakistan doesnt give you the authority to comment on Pakistanis as some aliens living on a different planet. Own yourself fgs. and yes valenstupidtine does not hold a place in our society..and should be discouraged on every level.”
- “INwestrn culturethay love onlyone day in a year. but we dont need to celebrate it ,bz we love allyear…..our whole life……….we love,to …………every one..who r very close to us….”
- “hahahahah LOLx, Goodi Good (N.M)”
- “Nothing Problem in Valentine or Love day ……………. Do love but in Legitimate way. Love your Parents, Siblings, Wife. But why doing Haram act in the name of Love ? All know what is usage of this day in our society. Go to any Park and see.”
- “Sooraj Hamen Har Shaam Yehi Dars Deta Hay
Maghrib Ki Taraf Jaogay To Doob Jaogay.”
- “Firstly, being a thinking human gives me the authority/privilege to comment on anything and it has nothing to do with my being a pakistani living outside of it. Secondly, its never too late to step back a moment in life and take a look at our mistakes. Its not a matter of a day like valentines to be celebrated or not, its our intolerance of the difference. And lastly, I think muslims should celebrate the day as it is the epitome of what our religion is all about: love and peace. Leave somethings for God to judge.”
- “celebrate love but with ur loved once woth crosiing limits of our religion or culture. GF ya BF 7 celebration allow nhi per family members k 7 jao, koun mana karta h”
- “Valentine is Haram!!!”
- “not valentine is haram…valentine’s day is haram…”JO MAZHAB KISI AUR MAZHAB KE SATH MUSHAHBAT RAKHE GA(RESEMBLANCE OR SIMILARITY)USKO USSI MAZHAB KE SAATH UTHAYA JAYEGA”(Hadees)….(@_@)”
- “YA THOSE “NINJA TURTULES” HOLDING DA PLAY CARD ARE BUNCH OV AMUSMENT ………….”
- “our youth is taking valentine in wrong sence,,,,,,,(BOY TO GIRL,,girl to bor,,,,)celebrate it 4 ur father,,sis,,,bro,,mother,,grand maa,,grand paa,,,,,,”
- “THESE SO CALLED MUSLIM SCHOLARS WANT US TO STOP SMILING ,CHEERING UP AND ENJOYING SOME BEARDED MULLAH ALONG WID NINJA LADIES COME ON DA ROAD AND DO STUFF LIKE THIS????………………..I HAVE TO GO IN MY OWN “QABAR” WHO ARE THAY TO STOP ME …..OR ANY ONE ELSE …………”
- “i agree with u in some manner but its______[?] as i mention above…”
- “YAAR V HAVE CREATED ENUF MESS IN OUR COUNTRY AND SOCIETY USING THESE INTOLERABLE METHODS OF IMPOSING ISLAM……………TRY TO CONVINCE RATHER THAN CONDEMN AND FORCING……………………KHAIR THINGS ARE NOT GONA CHANGE AS I SAY…………..BUH I CAN HOPE…..”
- “make me understand how this is Haram? Disclaimer: for all, ever so ‘quick to judge’ Pakis that im neither the celebrator nor this day bothers me!”
- “read again what ever i mentioned….i wrote a Hadees…now u want anything else more than this…”
- “ye hai pakistan”
- “m 2″
- “what do u thin, is it Islam to take ur GF to a date??? don’t change Islam to your wishes. our religion has defined some curbs which must a binding upon all of us. it is not allowed in Islam that boys and girls are going on date and doing rubbish there. so, think before u act. u must have enough information before u give any FATWA”
- “and for this “I HAVE TO GO IN MY OWN “QABAR” WHO ARE THAY TO STOP ME …..OR ANY ONE ELSE …………”: Mr, it is an ayat of Quran “Wa Amaru Bil Marufi Wanahau Anil Munkar” whish translates as “Neki ka Hukum Dou aur Burai se Roko”. so Mr, i hope u have understood why they are those Daughters of Ummah, u r calling ‘Ninja Turtles’, are asking u to adopt the right path”
- “its true..”
- “yeh tou aik bahana hai get together ka, its not abt to hurt some ones feelings….. jis ko jo karna hai woh kare sab ko apni qabar main jana hai …..”
why every one is criticizing there protest. they are using their right of ” freedom of expression”. What they think they demonstrated. Even if the sentimental puppies of Zardari can protest on his recent adventure then why they don’t??
lets us agree to disagree,must have patience to accept others views.Its essence of democracy.(if its working in Pakistan)
I agree with Shahid and these Jamati women. We should not follow outside ideas and culture about friendship and love and giving gifts and being happy. Like the women in the picture we should follow our own culture of burning and klling and protesting and shouting and telling everyone else that they are going to hell!
As muslims, we should not blindly follow other cultures. How can it help Pakistan make progress? The valentines day and many other events like Basant and Holloween have nothing to do with progress.
Keeping the tradition of binding two cities in the bandhan of Twin cities to promote love and tourism, Shev sena and Jamat-e-Islami today announced themselves as twin organizations. Both will promote inter parties conferences of how to promote u know what. In the everlasting spirit of friendship, Munawwar hasan will head the anti valentine protest next year in Mumbai and Bal Thackaray will do the same in Karachi.
Fazlur rehman strongly objected to shive sena choice of choosing jamaat. however it is being said that he is in close contacts with RSS.
Just annountned in the famous new channel MARO
Those who are supporting this so called love and peace day as per wiki pedia
“Saint Valentine’s Day (commonly shortened to Valentine’s Day) is an annual holiday held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companionsThe holiday is named after one or more early Christian martyrs named Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in AD 496. ”
How come this relates to our culture or society. How many of us are ready to allow our family teen ager in this activity of love and peace ???? As said this love expression can be between family memebers I have never seen celebrating any one in this spirit.
Those who are supporting this event and saying this is about love and peace and advocating it can tell who was “valentine” ? what is the history behind this so called happy ceremony and how it is relate to us as pakistaniat ? if it is so worthy of enjoying why it was not celebrated 20 years ago. who want to allow to participate their family teenagers in this memorable event ?
Have Your Say (Bol, magar piyar say)
Keep comments on topic; no personal attacks; don't submit indecent, inflammatory, slanderous, uncivil or irrelevant comments; flamers and trolls are not welcome; inappropriate comments will be removed or edited.
If you won't say it to someone's face, then don't say it here!
Readers who want to use a URL should please use the TINY URL program.
Thanks, and keep the comments coming!
Spam protection - Sum of 1 + 2 ?