A 7-star hotel in Islamabad?

Posted on September 1, 2006
Filed Under >Bilal Zuberi, Economy & Development

Bilal Zuberi

I just read this in the news. Daily Times has reported the inauguration of The Centaurus, Pakistan’s first seven-star hotel project, in Islamabad.

I am left wondering what are these people thinking? Can Pakistan afford, and sustain, a 7-star hotel? Do we really need one? And what is a 7-star hotel, after all? We can barely maintain a decent 2 or 3 star hotel in our major cities. Are we now competing with Dubai for architectural grandiosity? And whoever came up with the name should probably look for a job in Hollywood…

ISLAMABAD: The Centaurus, Pakistan’s first seven-star hotel project, was inaugurated on Thursday. The $350 million complex is planned to have a 37-storey deluxe hotel, with two 21-storey residential towers, a 25-storey corporate office complex, and a 5-storey shopping mall. The complex will have a parking lot that would accommodate over 2,000 vehicles. The project will be completed in three years… The Pak Gulf Construction Private Limited company (PGCL) and Messrs Atkins engineering company – the constructors of Dubai’s renowned Burj Al Arab – are executing the project. Saudi Arabian Al-Tamimi Group and the Sardar Group of Companies are making the investment….

President General Pervez Musharraf on Thursday said it was “the right time to invest in Pakistan� because of the country’s positive economic policies of de-regulation, liberalisation and privatisation coupled with a liberal foreign exchange regimen. “We have opened all sectors of the economy for investment and the scourge of red-tapism and bureaucratic delays are being done away with,� said the president at the foundation-laying ceremony of The Centaurus.

71 Comments on “A 7-star hotel in Islamabad?”

1. September 1st, 2006 3:28 am

Ahem – Ahem. Have you ever thought that this is NOT for the common man but strictly designed for the RICH and INFLUENTIAL only. Influential more so as its not his money thats going to be spent but the national exchequer. In this category fall all our MNS’s MPA’s and Federal Minsiters. its more likely going to be dependent on them with. SAD

2. Saadia Khan says:
    September 1st, 2006 4:39 am

cool! our rich and corrupt politicians need 7 Star Hotel and what about earth quake victims of Pakistan? Its the duty of international NGOs to give them proper shelter and feed their kids?

3. September 1st, 2006 6:34 am

Sad.

4. Jyoti says:
    September 1st, 2006 6:36 am

Perhaps theis 7 star hotel is being built for, if I may use the term, “Lota” people during elections…

5. builder says:
    September 1st, 2006 7:21 am

There’s no such thing as a seven star hotel. you can’t get more than five stars. this INCLUDES the one in dubai.

6. Razz says:
    September 1st, 2006 8:13 am

You make it sound like the government is building it for its MNAs et al. It is a direct foreign investment in our country. Whether it makes sense to build a 7-star hotel in a country like Pakistan, which could do with some healthy investment in education and health, is a totally different matter.

7. Naveed says:
    September 1st, 2006 8:38 am

I am disgusted with the presumption that we are some medieval society in which people are best left to second rate hotels. For busines travellers throughout the world including the third world, chain of 5 and 7 star hotels serves a specific clientele. I am a business traveller unable to find a room at the Serena and Marriot in Islamabad if there is a major event in the city. Ditto for Lahore if Avari and PC is booked; try booking a room before Basant. Karachi before any event at the Expo centre. How about secondary benefits like employment, business events and events of international importance. I guess some people will always be prone to view their country with morbid contempt. For them, they need to visit any major hotel and observe the businesses that are aligned to run a hotel.

8. Suleman says:
    September 1st, 2006 9:13 am

Actually, I agree with naveed on this, moreover, a 5 star hotel such as this would be a good indicator especially in Islamabad. Normally, hotel investments of such sort are only done in areas which are prone to economic growth, hence the need for nice hotels such as this one. The challenge with hotels of this sort is keep them profitable and maintain occupancy. Apparently, they feel that won’t be a challenge in Islamabad so that is great.

9. September 1st, 2006 11:13 am

I don’t think the story indicated any direct investments frm the government, sans any tax beenfits they may have received as a favor.

However, the fact that we think our society can sustain either street side beds (chaarpais) or 5/7 star hotel, but not much in between, speaks volumes for the income disparities in our society.

10. Roshan Malik says:
    September 1st, 2006 12:23 pm

Bilal,
    This investment is from UAE royal family on the most expensive plot ever been auctioned in Islamabad. I dont remember the exact figures but it was between Rs 5-7 billions.

11. September 1st, 2006 12:54 pm

I think it is good to build this hotel in Pakistan. I will feel proud if a 7-star hotel existed in Pakistan eventhough I may never afford to stay in it :) It can be a good source of foreign exchange too. Build it! i’d say.

12. sohail says:
    September 1st, 2006 1:10 pm

The current global economic system we live in (good or bad) and which most of us exPaKs are beneficiary of (from UAE to USA to Australia) do encourage such consumption and extravagance….but as Bilal rightly points out, most of the developed countries don’t have the disparity in living standards that we have. But here too sadly we are not alone; India is already ahead of us…..
    Some good out of this and other such sales of land/assets could come if the money out of the sale would be earmarked say directly for the rebuilding of new communities for earth-quake effectees or other development projects… instead of begging for money from the international community. That in turn could go a long way in restoring the national self respect and reduction of animosity between the haves and have nots by making them mutual stake holders in the development…..

13. Eidee Man says:
    September 1st, 2006 2:02 pm

I’m surprised at all of your comments. While I agree fully with most of you who say that inevitably a lot of money from the national wealth will end up being squandered at this hotel, I think the hotel by itself is not a bad idea.

Until very recently, the filthy rich in Pakistan (and there’s quite a few) have been going abroad to splurge their money. Why is it bad if our local economy gets some of that cash? While an overspending population (i.e. like the U.S.) makes the economy very fragile, I think Pakistan needs more opportunities for cash rotation.

What would you rather have these people do: a) buy up more property or b) spend an obscene amount of money in a luxury hotel?

In the U.S. I’m surprised at how much money stupid, rich people are willing to spend on useless nonsense….I bet we have a good share of such people as well…and it’s about time their money got rotated out.

Also, a luxury tax would not be a bad idea either…..

So in conclusion, we don’t need a 7-star hotel, but I don’t think it will do so much harm….if international investors want to come in and spend large amounts of money on high-risk projects, we should roll out the welcome mat.

14. Asad says:
    September 1st, 2006 2:10 pm

I agree with Naveed.

More investment would generate more employment opportunities and circulation of money as well which will benefit the overall economy.

15. ali raza says:
    September 1st, 2006 2:11 pm

Such projects are good indicators of economic growth. More so when the investors are foreigeors who have the whole world open to invest in. A project this size will create thousands of new jos in the construction sector and then in the servicing sector. The hotels in Pakistan, like elsewhere in the world depend on business and tourist travellers, not on public money. Even when visiting family in Pakistan, I prefer to stay in a hotel because it allows all of us privacy.

Why is it that every time one sees some money in Pakistan, you find a hundred not-haves lamenting that the money would be better spent on education or health care. An investment is a business decision. Businesses are in the business of turning a profit. Take the profit incentive away and no one would invest in anything. There have been thousands of small and large investments in those fields also. Just look at the number of private schools, universities, hospitals, and clinics that have sprung up in the last 10 years. I remember a time not long ago when you could count universities in Pakistan on the fingers of your two hands.

16. Eidee Man says:
    September 1st, 2006 2:11 pm

As has been alluded to by others before, I think a conversation on property prices in Pakistan would be very interesting. The expats really have been a major issue in the market for real estate…..my parents (who are NOT expats) are looking for a new house in Karachi these days and they said that 80% of the houses that are up for sale are owned by expats!!! This is really apalling.

I’ve always wondered about this, so maybe some of you can answer this question….do we have higher property taxes for houses that nobody is living in? i.e. I think in some countries, you pay the normal property tax on your first or primary house (i.e. the one you actually live in) but the tax is much higher for any other property you own. It would be great if Pakistan had something like that…this would make the market less attractive to expats and would make the market as a whole much more stable.

You hear so much about the explosion in property prices in Karachi. Yes, that is true, but the untold story is that most of these expensive houses are not occupied..the expats may be snapping up property…but most of them dont intend to occupy these places….so after this boom there will probably be a sharp decline that wont be too good for the market.

17. ahmed says:
    September 1st, 2006 2:34 pm

the person who conceived the idea, and his collaborators, should be buried beneath its rubble without their fateha being said

18. sohail says:
    September 1st, 2006 3:49 pm

”an investment is a business decision….” Yes that is for the investor to decide….
    (by the way, when petro dollars r spent, from madrassas to luxury hotels to jets, who knows who’s decision it is!!)
    However, the national wealth (proceeds from the sale) belongs to the nation…..better spent on domains beneficial to the deserving many (also citizens!) than on the perpetual well being of the few. Money circulated through investment in the education (of many), health, environment, infrastructure than through consumption (of few)seems to me a much better proposition.

19. Pervaiz M. Alvi says:
    September 1st, 2006 4:00 pm

A MEGA PROJECT IN THE CAPITAL OF PAKISTAN. WHY NOT. HAS ANY ONE BEEN TO ISTANBUL LATELY. IT HAS TENS AND TWENTIES OF SUCH HOTELS ALL OVER THE CITY AND THEY ALL ARE THRIVING. YES ONE COULD SAY THAT PAKISTAN IS NOT TURKEY. YES THAT IS TRUE, BUT IT COULD BE LIKE TURKEY AND ISLAMABAD COULD BE LIKE ISTANBUL (ORIGINALY NAMED ‘ISLAM- OPLE’) IF WE TRY HARDER. WE NEED TO CHANGE OUR MIND SET AND STRIVE FOR EXCELENCE. THE SKY IS THE LIMIT.

20. Yoseph says:
    September 1st, 2006 4:46 pm

WEIRD comments people. If someone has money and wants to open a business, thats their problem!!! If you dont like it, instead of spending your money there, give it all to the earthquake fund then. You want Pakistan to stay backwards, so you can go to other countrries and spend your money there? No wonder why people arent investing in pakistan as much as we need it. This is a SHOPPING MALL, OFFICE BUILDING, REVOLVING RESTAURANT, APARTMENTS, not just a HOTEL, so chillax, we need 100′s more of these things going on in Pakistan.

21. Eidee Man says:
    September 1st, 2006 7:50 pm

Jyoti,

so India does not have 100 times more projects like this going on? As I stated twice before, I’m not against this project.

You do seem to take a lot of interest in Pakistani affairs.

22. MSK says:
    September 1st, 2006 10:03 pm

Eidee Man, I hope I misread the sarcasm in that last sentence. Why does it matter to you that Jyoti is interested in Pakistan. All of us Pakistanis are always interested in India (their movies, their call centers, their music, their cricket) so why not the other way round. I hope you were being playful in your comment, otherwise it may seem rude.

Jyoti, I at least welcome your and other Indian’s interest in Pakistan. As long as there is no malice, plesae stay interested.

23. MSK says:
    September 1st, 2006 10:07 pm

On the hotel. Bilal raised some interesting questions which also made me think, but overall I also say, well why not. Is this the most important thing Pakistan needs, probably not. But its not as if there is anything wrong with it either. If the investors think they can make money on this, then good for them. My real surprise is that there is even such a thing is a 7-star. There is only one real 5-star in Islamabad (and I think in Pakistan), that’s the Sarena. Marriot is technially a 4-star. So, what is it that makes a 7-star a 7-star. I guess we will find out ;-)

24. Eidee Man says:
    September 1st, 2006 11:22 pm

“All of us Pakistanis are always interested in India their movies, their call centers, their music, their cricket”

Actually, believe it or not, I am not at all interested in Indian movies and music. And I don’t think I read news articles about India more carefully than about other countries. I hate Indian movies but before you call me hateful, I hate Pakistani movies as well.

Also, I wasn’t trying to be a smart alec by asking this question.

25. Moved says:
    September 2nd, 2006 11:44 pm

Just saw the video in the new post on children in Pakistan. Made me think.
    Sure, there is nothing illegal in a private company spending its money as it wants to. Nothing immoral or inappropriate. They can do whatever they want. But is it right? What does it say about our national priorities. I guess once you are sitting on top of that revolving resturant, the child in the video is far below in the dust for you even to see!
    Yes, there is nothing wrong with this at all. But it does not seem terribly right either.

26. Eidee Man says:
    September 1st, 2006 11:27 pm

“So, what is it that makes a 7-star a 7-star. I guess we will find out ”

It’ll cost more :D

i.e. it will be out of reach of a lot MORE people than your Marriot, PC, etc and this exclusivity will make it “BETTER.”

Compare to the clubs in Pakistan. Does anyone actually care about the facilities? No. It’s all about showing off. Which is okay, we NEED the money of the wealthy to change hands as often as possible.

27. Mariam says:
    September 2nd, 2006 12:14 am

If it’s not govt. money then private organization has every right to build any project they wish. Like you and I every right to invest money as we desire despite there are people in misery every where. In the end of the day it will provide many people with jobs. I’m sure govt. able to milk out lot of money from the Hotel establishment in tax revenue but not sure where that money will end up eventually.

28. Asma says:
    September 2nd, 2006 4:08 am
  29. Zain says:
    September 2nd, 2006 5:40 am

I really hope they build it and build it good. Whats wrong with a hotel being built if its not being funded from my parents tax money? These are the kinds of foreign investment projects we need. The builders aren’t stupid, I am sure they have done a study on the NEED to build such a hotel and there are obviously people who will stay in it. It will provide jobs, it will give filthy rich people something to waste their money on inside Pakistan. I hope to have dinner in that revolving restaurant next time I am in Islamabad.

30. Saifulumaluk says:
    September 2nd, 2006 1:37 pm

I don’t mind a new first class hotel being built in Islamad. Islamad needs more hotels. But calling it a 7-star hotel just reflects the rampant inflation in the country in every field of life — economic as well as social. A thousand rupee note has been changed to five thousand (in purchasing power), VIPs are labled as VVIPs. And therefore a 5-star hotel is being dubbed as 7-star.

31. Ahmed says:
    September 2nd, 2006 2:22 pm

There is something called a ‘social conscience’ which I find sadly lacking in most of the comments made.

Almost a hundred years ago our great poet had this to say:

Hum mashriq kay maskeenoon ka dil maghrib mein ja atka hai
    Waan kantar sub bilauri hain…yaan aik purana matka hai.

Wish someone had written too about the needs of the slum dwellers of islamabad and the other basic things that the capital city so badly lacks. But a 7 star ‘burj’ fires the imagination…. dealing with the realities on the ground on the other hand is depressing. So, all luck to the ‘pie-in-the-sky wallahs… my ailing heart lies on the pavement… And I am an old man.

32. ALVIPERVAIZ says:
    September 2nd, 2006 5:00 pm

This site is about Pakistan and discission/comments should be Pakistan centric. Most of the particepents are generaly of Pakistani origin here however some times one notices non-pakistani names here too. Nothing wrong with that. More people learn about Pakistan the better it is. What is not right is non-Pakistanis joining the discussions just for the sake of making some negative or hurtful comments or remarks about Pakistan and her people. They know who they are. One need not to name them. Would it be too much for them to avoid such negativity?

33. Eidee Man says:
    September 2nd, 2006 6:42 pm

“my ailing heart lies on the pavement… And I am an old man. ”

Look around, you’ll find mine next to yours, and I am a young man. For whatever reason, there is great inequity between the wealth of the rich and the poor. But the point people who agree with me are trying to make is that the money that will be spent at this hotel will not otherwise automatically end up helping the common. On the contrary, maybe it will open up a good number of service jobs that people who have no other recourse can take advantage of.

I find it sad that we have some of the best natural scenic points in the world (and whoever has been up north knows that there is no bias in my words) and yet we have failed to build places to attract tourists. Think about it, there’s not much difference between hiking up a mountain in the Alps and somewhere in Pakistan…why does doing one cost so much more than the other…it’s about time we took advantage of our natural strengths.

34. Eidee Man says:
    September 3rd, 2006 1:11 am

If they won’t look at them through the revolving restaurant’s windows, they’ll look at them through the windows of a Land Rover…nothing you can do about that.

35. ahmed says:
    September 3rd, 2006 9:13 am

“Hum dekhain gay……”

36. October 2nd, 2006 3:32 pm

An interesting note in BBC Urdu. It is in urdu text, though: here

37. Yahya says:
    October 2nd, 2006 3:39 pm

Looks like Islamabad is becoming the Sin city. Not the innocent place I used to know.

38. Yahya says:
    October 2nd, 2006 4:58 pm

Also in Islamabad, someone from sindh burns himself in front of the Supreme court here

No one cares in this cold city anymore.

39. ALI KHAN says:
    January 7th, 2007 12:19 am

ASSALAM O ALIKUM
    I think 7 star hotel is positive indicator for improve our standards..this project attract more investors to pakistan.In future large numbers of visitors come in pakistan. this project is also healthful for our northen areas.
    regards
    ALI KHAN

40. Abrar says:
    January 7th, 2007 4:25 am

YES. Thats exactly what we need…. a 7 star hotel for a 7 star country…. we are, after all, so teeming with wealth that mere 5 stars will no longer do…. everyone is so rich that we NEED 7 stars….. !!!!!!

41. Malik says:
    January 7th, 2007 2:07 pm

Those wild and crazy arabs, they really know how to spend on useless things! Except they don’t have even a half decent university anywhere. Would not an investment on education, science, museums, cultural developemnt programs etc etc from these petro-dollar rich plutocrats have a far greater and longer-lived impact?

42. Abizaib says:
    January 7th, 2007 10:22 pm

I am not sure why people have such negative sentiments about this about to be built 7 star hotel? There are rich and poor everywhere, but that doesn’t mean that until and unless the poor people are uplifted – we should halt everything else in parallel!

Malik, in reference to Arabs (Dubai?) and building useless things based on petro dollars, I would like to highlight the fact that Dubai atleast is not a petro-dollar based economy nor they are building “useless” things. If you study Dubai economy and their future plans, it will make all the sense and answer many questions.

43. Sowards says:
    January 8th, 2007 10:31 am

MAN i am very happy for this 7 star hotel…we really need it in pak not only in Isb but in all major cities of PAK… we must need to develop the Pak. now.Every Investment create JOB oppurtunity and make contribution in the economy so we should support all investments in PAK…

44. Asad says:
    January 8th, 2007 3:06 pm

@ MSK: “All of us Pakistanis are always interested in India their movies, their call centers, their music, their cricketâ€

45. January 13th, 2007 5:22 am

Yes We Will see Offcourse yaar there should be a 7 star hotel in Pakistan but ……………………….

46. alamzeb says:
    February 12th, 2007 12:57 am

alamzeb@thecentaurus.com

Hi all, I wonder why you people are soooo narrow minded and leg puller, rather than appreciating something, you always try to discourage people, you are the one, who dont do something, but if some one does, you just start barking negativelly to satisify yourself, that I am not doing something, I am fine. What the hell do you know about the Muslim History?? look at our civilisation, it was we who taught the world about Civilisation, look at our historly in Spain, we were the best architects, look in Uthman Empire, the west learnt Fort Building from us in The Crusades, we taught the world Calculus, which is the the mother of construction and architect now a days.

why are you people in Inferiority complex??? why??? what can’t we have 7 star hotel in Islamabad??? go to UK and look at the situation of London Security, look at the situation of world famous cities, we are much better than them. There are very influential people in Pakistan, but these Polititians, the Disgraced Pakistan Army of 1971, and people like these who wrote this article is busy in leg pulling.

Open up your minds and grow up, just fine WHO YOU ARE, YOU ARE MUSLIMS, this world is made for us, make it beautiful and do something for your nation, because YOU GOT ONE LIFE, dont waste it in bullshits, which I have seen above..

I am not saying because I am the part of this Project, I am saying because luckily I got Spirtual leaders in my college days, which showed me what Inferiority complex is and what we are.

47. DR.MANSOUR ALI says:
    February 20th, 2007 5:03 pm

What’s wrong in Pakistan having a 7 star hotel.
    why can’t we Pakistanis be ever proud of something unique, why can’t we look forward into future and stop criticising each other.
    I felt really proud that a mega million project is under construction and that Pakistan would be on the world map atleast for some good reason rather that being on the websites , news rounds and world media for all the bad reasons that its citizens indulge or get involved in.
    Building such a big hotel would definitely have great impact on our tourism and our economy.
    We want people to see our country to come to us and to visit us rather than shun our pakland and go sumwhere else.
    Pakistan is a beautiful country gifted with all the essential euipments and elements which a country needs to boast of, the only other thing it needs is due respect and sense of pride, personal integrity and responsibility from within its own people but alas, we pakistanis have lost that ages ago.
    Let this project complete peacefully and let us celebrate the march of pakistan and pakistanis towards sustainable economic growth in the future INSHALLAH. Let this be the first step towards it.
    Dr.M.N.Ali

48. Shahid says:
    June 19th, 2007 6:45 pm

wow! all this for one silly hotel? I live in Sanfrancisco and I dont give another turn to a
    high rise that have I just passed. First educate common people , teach them manners, teach them how to make a line and wait for their turn.I get so frustrated everytime I visit karachi and cannot wait to get out.Think of these travellers who would come and spent so much money and time to visit. Would they ever come back?

49. Kruman says:
    June 19th, 2007 8:25 pm

Atleast this is private money. The most egregious wastage of public money is the new GHQ in Islamabad. I hope the the SC or the new parliament will put a stop to the construtction of the new GHQ on 2500 acres of land (Pentagon in comparison is built on 250 acres).

50. Asif Rehman Babar says:
    July 5th, 2007 4:01 pm

As construction activities boost your economy so I think its a good step for the economy of Pakistan, moreover people will get employment and around 40 other industries would flourish which are related directly or indirectly with the construction industry of Pakistan.

51. Haris Qureshi says:
    August 6th, 2007 8:03 pm

We dont need a seven star hotel. I really feel shame for those people who go and sit in those telephonic Addresses (khitab) from politicians who ran away and some of them not even have a pakistani citizenship and still a integeral part of pakistani politics.

The only thing I can see coming good out by Building a seven star hotel is that will create jobs and that will some how uplift the living standard of common people.

thanks

52. Deewana Aik says:
    August 6th, 2007 9:02 pm

Any further progress on this project?

53. Ali says:
    September 24th, 2007 3:39 am

This is a very shamefull for all of our Leaders and politicians and for us also..
    A common man is dying because of the rising prices of Rice,Sugar.floor and other common utilties..and These people are wanted to have 7 and 5 stars hotels in their town..
    This is totally embaricing..

54. usman says:
    November 12th, 2007 8:07 am

This is a wonderful Idea. I think it wiill increase Pakistan’s foreign reserve and also increase the tourist rate in Pakistan.I think we should always think +ive.

55. Ahmed says:
    January 5th, 2008 9:12 am

* We need it bad and we had it ! :p
    All we need is to appreciate such incredible advancements !
    May this mega project have a lucrative end !

56. kamran Shafi says:
    January 21st, 2008 1:47 am

I m sooooo glad…..to see these all activities …………..because these development will endorse to increase our country beauty & only by these development we can improve our nation image…… I know including me every patriotic national of Pakistan want to see a better & improved country …… so we have to endorse these investment …by that unemployment ratio automatically will be decreased & every one Pakistani will be wanted to serve in one of companies of Pakistan no one will be wanted to move Uk

57. Ahmad R. Shahid says:
    January 21st, 2008 2:40 am

How can 3 million additional Pakistanis can get employment just by building these 7-star hotels? I wonder if supporting such projects has anything to do with patriotism? Why do we have to drag patriotism into everything?

Someone rightly said:

“Patriotism is the last resort of the scoundrel.”

58. February 8th, 2008 5:08 am

It is very good Idea for providing job to jobless pakistani, because, pakistani govt is failed to do this,.

59. February 12th, 2008 6:47 am

Nothing but another crap plan. Do you think 7 star hotel will run here?. We have’nt accepted 5 star hotel here in islamabad. Faced 3 suicide bombing in Marriot where elites were having fun.

This 7 star hotel would be nothing but another BIG BURDEN on the establishment to secure it. I dont see it getting constructed neither GHQ !

60. Zulfiqar Ali Mughal says:
    March 27th, 2008 2:47 pm

If you want to invest in Karachi Pakistan i have good investment point ( Lands ) ( 1 Acer to 1300 Acer etc )its a chance to invest in Karachi and i have clear lands for launch Societies, Big Residential, or Plaza’s Lands Available in Karachi Supper highway, Suhrab Goth, Shahra-e-Faisal, Malir, hole karachi and i direct to owner no agent if you want to real invest use my service clear documents etc only cal 03002727508.

61. May 17th, 2008 4:02 am

We are realy rpoud to be a pakistani….
    Now we are on the right way…we can make bright to our future.
    This project may help many poor people to get money.
    I can only pray that it will complete as soon as possible.

62. July 3rd, 2008 4:52 pm

Dear Reader:
    I am working in Out of country in Hospitality Industry. I am really happy to know that any “A-7 Star” Hotel is going to open in our country. I hope by this hotel our Country’s image will shine around the world. And my suggestion is that hotels security should be perfect because if you have make this hotel but if the Guest can not feel scour himself. So, its means there is no benefit for country and for the company.
    So I hope you will do it more better and my pray for this project should complete fast.
    Regards,
    Ahmad Abbas Zafar

63. November 4th, 2008 3:03 pm

This is good for Pakistan that tall buildings are being under construction and they must build. because this is the only way to increase the economy and value of Pakistan in the world..
    on the second about the poor we can afford any thing either a 7 star hotel or a 3 star hotel its us which are dealing our profitable country, badly…. Just sit and think have you ever obeyed the law?? NO . Are you punctual?? NO. Do you have self respect for others?? NO. Do you have respect for Opposite sex??NO.. if all basic answers for the basic questions are NO then how could we progress… Its us who can allow a general to rule…. its us who forgive the BIG thiefs and Murderers and who brought this Generalism in Pakistan.. if we just raise once against this all next time no ll dare to do wrong with us….. just think it us who can boost up Pakistan…. every body in Pakistan just abuse the rulers and others but dont think what he is doing?? Nuffin… this is the thing which we have to think…..

64. Heer says:
    November 4th, 2008 6:37 pm

promise the moon we dont see a beam :P

dont believe……After marriott’s fate, we cant manage a five-star guys, give it some rest, LIke it or lump it, this is the truth, Aukat se bahir hai apni :P (Out of reach)

dreams dreams everywhere,not a dream come true :P

65. Muhammad Afaq says:
    February 2nd, 2009 3:32 pm

Well i dont have wordz for this development but i can only say that this is ma dream ma country ma centaurus ma Pakistan ………i wish that it becomes true ………………i love PAKISTAN….

66. Tehmas Saeed says:
    March 4th, 2009 8:07 am

I am very happy to know about this project but also worried about commision stuff but offcourse it is expensive project but it will generate income for locals and we can get more investment from foriegn or local investors

67. Tahir Mehmood says:
    June 28th, 2009 7:19 am

I read about the 7 star hotel now. I pleased very much. It is needed of the hour that such hotel will be in pakistan. I want to tell that Hotel is the second largest industry of the world.

68. KAMRAN says:
    October 10th, 2009 2:54 am

THATS GR8.IM JUST LIVING NEAR CENTAURUS AND IM ASTONISHED TO C THE CONSTRUCTION GOING ON . ITS UNBELIVIBLE. ;LONG LIVE PAKISTAN

69. umair says:
    December 1st, 2009 11:46 pm

I DONT HAVE WORDS FOR THIS OPPURTUNTE ……………………… I LOVE PAKISTAN

70. Jamshed says:
    March 1st, 2010 7:55 am

Just wondering how these guys feel now about their massive investment in today’s Islamabad.Not very optimistic,I guess.
    And I don’t think this country needs a 7 star hotel,not with all the poverty around.

71. Faiza Iftikhar Gorsi says:
    September 18th, 2010 11:39 am

I m glad to read about this project.may it complete as soon…………
    PAKISTAN ZINDA BAAD