Pakistan in 2008: My Wish List

Posted on January 1, 2008
Filed Under >Adil Najam, Society

I have written too many depressing posts recently. I want to make this one different. Actually, I want you to help me write this post.

I have quickly jotted down my list of wishes for Pakistan for 2008. New Year Wish Lists are supposed to be short and succinct. They need not be entirely achievable – they are, after all, “wish” lists.

Here is my wish list. Seven seems like a nice number for the list. But, please add to it if you wish. And, then, please let us all work together towards turning a few of them into reality!

#1. Human Dignity. Human rights are all about dignity. So is development. Indeed, development is nothing except human dignity. Dignity comes from one’s work and worth being respected by others. Dignity comes from all of the other things I mention in this list. It is the sense that one is a full and equal member of society and also that society recognizes this fact. I wish that no Pakistani – rich or poor, but especially the poor – would even be deprived of human dignity.

#2. Living Livelihoods and Wellbeing. Economic growth, bullish stock markets, tall skyscrapers, booming highways are impressive things. But what I wish for is decent livelihoods for all Pakistanis. Livelihoods that give them the material resources that can create a decent quality of life. Livelihoods that afford them the human development and well-being that should be everyone’s right.

#3. Peace. World peace will be nice too and I do pray for peace everywhere and for everyone. But let us start at least with peace within our hearts and within our society. An end to the culture of anger and the politics of violence that has beset us.

#4. Tolerance. I wish that each one of us will be secure enough in who we are that we would not feel threatened by those who are different. I wish that we will have enough confidence in our beliefs, our identities, our values that we will neither be threatened by nor will we threaten the beliefs, identities and values of those who differ from us.

#5. Justice. The root of my name, Adil, is ‘Adl’ (meaning justice). I take my name seriously. I take justice even more seriously. You cannot have a good society until you have a society that is ‘just’ in every dimension of that word. I wish 2008 will see the restoration of the Judiciary, but I wish for deeper manifestations of economic and social justice too. Ours was not a very just society even when these judges were in office and it will take much more than their restoration to achieve a just society. But their restoration is a necessary first step we must take.

#6. Democracy. Democracy is a very simple concept. It is the proposition that if any decision is going to effect me then I have the right to effect how that decision is made and by whom. Free and fair elections do not give you democracy by itself. But while elections are not a sufficient condition for democracy, they are usually a necessary condition. So, I wish for free and fair elections and an end to military rule. Equally important is an institutionalized respect for the Constitution. So, I wish for the restoration of the Constitution – ideally to its original 1973 content. Democracy cannot come without the freedom of speech and information. So, I wish for the unshackling of the media.

#7. Jurat-i-Tehkik. When Faiz Ahmed Faiz raised his hands in prayer one of the things he asked for was “Jurat-i-Tehkik.” A literal translation would be something like “to dare to research.” I understand the intent to be the search for knowledge. To dare to know – to find – that which we do not know. To dare to find out that which might threaten the things which we think we know. My final wish is for this quest of knowledge, even if it overturns the dogmas that imprison our intellect. Without Jurat-i-Tehkik we can never truly progress; all we can do is to slip back to the recesses of the imagined glories of the past.

(Note: The links provided above are notional and not literal; they link to posts that are generally related to the issue highlight, but may not be direct discussions on the same).

59 Comments on “Pakistan in 2008: My Wish List”

1. legaleagle says:
    January 1st, 2008 3:24 am

My Wish List for Upcoming elections.

1. Not to vote for leaders who simply cannot make up their minds, such as Nawaz Sharif!

2. Not to vote for the leaders who simply are too desperate to hang-onto power and are trying to fool all of the people all of the time by trying to seek sympathy votes, such as Asif Ali Bhutto Zardari and his clan!

3. To separate Pakistan’s fate to be determined by personalities, may it be BB, Nawaz and/ or Musharraf!

4. To vote for parties that have established democratic election systems in-built into their parties, such as the PML (Q) and JI

5. Not to vote for Fiefdom Parties with life long indispensable self-proclaimed chairpersons! like the PPP and PML (N) and ANP

6. To make it clear on the western press that every time a bloody cat becomes roadkill in Pakistan, our Nuclear Program does not come under any threat!

7. To ensure that Pakistan remains LARGER THAN LIFE to depend on personality cults at any level.

8. To ensure that the most important criteria for election of anyone remains to be their contribution in country’s economic development! (not their own personal property and wealth development!)

May Allah give me the strength to fulfill my wishes! Ameen!

2. January 1st, 2008 3:56 am

After seeing how bad things were in 2007, definately one of the worst years in recent history for Pakistan, here is my simple wish list of 3 things

- Rise of a leader that can pull Pakistan out of the mess its in
    - Restoration of nation’s confidence and pride in itself
    - Civility, tolerance and respect for each other among the people

3. sidhas says:
    January 1st, 2008 4:24 am

Ameen sum Ameen to your wishes. Allah ye saal humaray mulk o qoom ke leay behatar banaey.

4. Rahim Khan says:
    January 1st, 2008 5:04 am

My Wish list for Pakistan 2008

1) Musharraf Leaves/removed very soon.
    2) National Unity Govt and Healing of the Nation
    3) Generals/Army out of Politics
    4) Political Reform/Electoral Reform
    5) Rule of Law/Security for Pakistanis
    6) Educational Reforms
    7) Focus on Economy instead of Al-Qaida/Taliban
    8) Improving the GDP/GNP through real growth
    9) Empowerment of Private Sector / Business Reforms
    10) Mega National Infrastructure Projects / Job Creation

I fear without wish #1, Pakistan will continue on present road of problems, instability, and chaos.

5. Shaji says:
    January 1st, 2008 5:21 am

All that I wish for Pakistan is to get up and do something… anything would be better than nothing.

6. Shaji says:
    January 1st, 2008 5:24 am

Ooh… forgot one thing…

I wish the ATP Authors would engage in the follow up discussions to their posts.

Not very unrealistic I hope.

7. JhaboRi aka Zubaida says:
    January 1st, 2008 5:56 am

My wish for the first couple of months of 2008 is that we don’t lose to Zimbabwe..

..oh, and also, PATIENCE! (not to be confused with laziness)

8. Bashir Ahmed says:
    January 1st, 2008 6:24 am

I wish, besides introduction of independant, perpetual mechanism of real accountability of the living people whose acts have wronged any Pakistani in any manner whatsoever, posthumous accountability of those who are no longer among us was carried out with a view to compensate their victims or their heirs, as the case may be.

9. Aadil says:
    January 1st, 2008 6:29 am

My one and foremost wish for the Pakistani people is to be united in the wake the current tumuluous times. We ought to prove this notion wrong that Pakistan is hard to survive, by filling up the gaps of hatred, descrimination and separation by that of love, affection and unity. I’m sure we can do that. Being at the lowest ebb these are perfect times for all of us to rise and not only preserve our solidarity but also take our country towards peace and prosperity.

10. Rubella says:
    January 1st, 2008 6:32 am

1. hai i m 21 year old lot to think abt my self n carrier but today
    there is a need to make some promise!
    cz to jot down words and to like the post button is very easy
    i wish that every one promise to civilized frm his or her corner
    check him self n make sure to to contribute towards the country
    today
    i promise to teach at least 3 deserving child!
    i promise not to pollute my City!
    and i promise to do it in my life time!
    @ sir adil

11. January 1st, 2008 8:12 am

I second Adil’s 7 wishes entirely but will add a few others:

1. End of Mush rule and the end of army rule forever.
    2. Improved health for Ustad Mehdi Hasan and other Pakistani legends and their better treatment at the hands of government.
    3. Improved health of the lion Munir A Malik.
    4. The release of all our judges and lawyers especially the lions Aitzaz Ahsan, Justice Tariq Mehmood and Ali Ahmed Kurd.
    5. More guest posts from ATP friends on my blog irrespective of the topic do see http://www.otherpakistan.org/guest.html
    6. ATP to allow me finally to do a guest post!
    7. Success for civil society and the student movement who are our greatest hope for a better Pakistan.
    8. Above all peace within and without, we need to extinguish this fire, we must reconnect with ourselves and unite as a nation.

12. Naseer Ahmed says:
    January 1st, 2008 10:08 am

My wish list for New year:

1. If we all look beyond race, religion and tribe to treat other humans as like us if not better.

2. Pakistan get rid of mullaayiat (religious intolerance)

3. We have a democracy not de-mock-racy.

4. Our governments work for people not for thier own pockets.

13. HJ says:
    January 1st, 2008 10:15 am

My wish list is very simple

1) That childern in Pakistan wake up every morning and head for school.
    2) That there school bus shows up on time and makes it to the school without any riots on the streets.
    3) That the teachers at there schools love to teach and share – and show up for work. That the teachers give them hope and that the school is a sanctuary for learning and growing.
    4) That parents can earn a decent living so that schooling is not seen as a burden and education is seen as an asset.
    5) That we spend more on education that we do on guns.
    6) I wish young, educated Pakistanis can find work on merit – and not on quotas or sifarish.
    7) I wish Pakistanis can live without fear.
    8) I wish Pakistanis can dare to dream of a differnt future. A secure, enlightened future in which there childern will live a better life than they have.
    9) I wish for enlightened leadership.
    10) I wish we win the next cricket world cup.

14. Zia says:
    January 1st, 2008 12:14 pm

I wish I could do more for Pakistan with my actions supported by my sincere words.

15. Kaseem Ahmad says:
    January 1st, 2008 12:51 pm

my wish!

mullahraj murdabad – pakistan zindabad.

education and economy must evolve!

16. RE says:
    January 1st, 2008 1:00 pm

My Wish List for 2008
    Pakistan and India open borders like USA and Canada and we become the best friends in the world.
    Pakistan shakes hands with Israel.
    Whoever wins the elections I wish them best and I wish to stand behind them to give them the opportunity to prove them self.
    I wish to see Pakistan politicians less corrupt.
    I wish to see Free media matured.
    I wish to see that every Pakistani on earth acts in the interest of Pakistan and Pakistan becomes friendly country to the world.
    I wish we muslin learn to respect others religion and there worship places.
    I wish to see end to extremism and wish to see Muslim scholars going after extremists.
    I pray for all the poor of Pakista to have the best year in 2008.
    I wish to see our faith for all is stronger than ever.

17. January 1st, 2008 1:11 pm

From ordinary citizens’ point of view the year of 2007 was one of many other tragic years since the inception of Pakistan. A scheme to murder judiciary that started in March culminated with broad day light killing of Supreme Court in November at the hands of a military dictator. Keeping with its traditions Pakistan witnessed the most tragic of deaths when Benazir Bhutto was killed in Rawalpindi at fateful Liaquat Bagh. But this is only a citizen’s perspective on year 2007 and we have been told since our birth that citizens of Pakistan are nothing but stupid. Recently our dictator with absolute wisdom brought us to our senses by saying that we are not even humans.

From our dear dictator’s point of view it was year of great successes with only few small failures such as July carnage in Karachi, sacking of 63 senior judges, October carnage in Karachi again and killing of BB in Rawalpindi. The successes included putting derailed democracy train back on tracks, getting rid of terrorist judiciary, imposition and lifting of emergency both in the interest of nation, delegation of power from General Musharraf to General (retd) Musharraf and last but not least solving BB’s murder case within 72 hours with irrefutable evidence of an audio tape and a press conference by nervous and agitated Brigadier (retd) Cheema. A country where we are still unable to indentify murderers of first prime minister of Pakistan Liaquat Ali Khan identifying BB’s murderers within 72 hours is no mean achievement by any standards. In order to appreciate these successes you need to be in

18. Viqar Minai says:
    January 1st, 2008 1:43 pm

sUraj sI ek chIz to hum sab dEkh chukE
    sach much kI ab kOi saher dE yA allAh

19. S.A.Mallal says:
    January 1st, 2008 2:20 pm

I only wish that the year 2008 is not as bad for Pakistan as the year 2007 has been.

20. Dewana Aik says:
    January 1st, 2008 3:05 pm

I think you are aiming too high. :)

21. Roshan says:
    January 1st, 2008 3:16 pm

Reconciliation: Previous year has breached the trust among institutions, leadership and people of Pakistan. We have deposed judiciary or PCO judiciary. We have political parties who believe to come in power through establishment and others through people. The ruling alliance believes in solving the problems with excessive force while hardly believe in public sentiments. Hardly had been any efforts to solve these problems through dialogues. Inter provincial reconciliation is urgently required to incorporate the concerns of small provinces.
    Poverty: We need to take it as a top priority. I feel that uprise against Musharraf and frustration among the people was mainly due to inflation as the people believed that macro economic indicators did not have any trickle down effect on their livelihoods. Double digit inflation in food items deprived many of the people to afford three meals a day.

22. Bashar says:
    January 1st, 2008 3:52 pm

The only wish I have is ” Senses for the people of Pakistan “, who have made the decision to destroy themselves.
    All your seven points are good. May Allah help Muslims to be more tolerant against our fellow human beings.

23. zia m says:
    January 1st, 2008 4:44 pm

I wish
    In his next speech to the nation,Mush says
    “In the best interest of Pakistan I step aside.”

Pakistan First.

24. Boy Wonder says:
    January 1st, 2008 4:59 pm

Instead mush will talk about:

1) 3rd phase of Democracy
    2) terror & al-Qaida/taliban

and Yeh Kya ho Raha Hai Pakistan Kay Sath

25. zakoota says:
    January 1st, 2008 7:53 pm

My wish list, will work for Pakistan Inshallah.

1. Make the defence of Pakistan immortal.
    2. Know your real enemies.
    3. Find your true friends.
    3. Boost up Pakistaniat (Nationalism).
    4. Let Army concentrate on securing borders and peace in the country.
    5. Vote those who are less evil. (eventhough I don’t believe in elections at this stage, what we need is a leader who can unit us all).
    6. Massive education reforms.
    7. Anyone with anti-Pakistan slogans be punished.

26. Dewana Aik says:
    January 1st, 2008 8:29 pm

Let’s break the country in four and live happily ever after. This Pakistaniat is just a hoax and is killing us

27. RE says:
    January 1st, 2008 8:47 pm

Along my other wishes I wish to see Asif Ali Zardari investigated. As in his news conference he admitted all the bodyguards were his jail friends. Asif Ali Zardari refused to accept any other security. As seen in the video bodyguards tucked in when the first built was fired rather than jumping on the shooter.
    About Zardari read here.

28. whatever says:
    January 1st, 2008 8:53 pm

Dear Adil,
    I beg to differ on “adl” meaning. “adl” does not mean justice. justice means insaaf, and “adl” is definatley not insaaf, even though they go side by side. I believe “adl” means equality.

I hate to burst the wishing bubble, but the time for “wishing” things is long gone. Khuda ka leye its time to ACT now – to change what one has power to change.

29. Sher Bano says:
    January 1st, 2008 9:16 pm

In affirmation of Adil

30. Rashid says:
    January 1st, 2008 9:32 pm

My wish:
    Make public, proceedings of 2nd amendment to the 1973 constitution.

Pakistani nation cannot advance successfully on the road of progress until justice is provided to every citizen. Because justice brings peace and peace brings progress. Our first step should be to correct the injustices done in the past to its citizens or some group of citizens under pressure of some other group of citizens. Unless we redress the ZULM done in past to its citizens by majority, I do NOT think Allah SWT will forgive us and we can ever progress. In my opinion there is one step that we must do, and perhaps the current government should do. Although it may not be politically savvy decision, but in principle and in morality it will be the correct decision and hopefully Allah SWT will also for give us and help us.

31. Kamran says:
    January 1st, 2008 9:55 pm

I wish your wishes will come true. But frankly I think things have become quite sad.

My new year wish for Pakistan is that we all just become a little less angry. Please.

32. January 1st, 2008 10:02 pm

Assalamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullah
    I pray that you are in the best of health & imaan.
    This is a short message to notify you that this entry has been selected for publishing on IJTEMA, a venture to highlight the best of the Muslim blogosphere.
    To find out more about IJTEMA, and how you can further contribute, please click here.
    May Allah bless you for your noble efforts.
    Wa’salam

33. Asghar says:
    January 1st, 2008 10:44 pm

MY wish for the year 2008 is that we return to the times when Pakistan was never in the international news!

34. Nervous Wreck says:
    January 1st, 2008 10:54 pm

I think we sometimes forget the emotional costs of the politics around us. As you said in the last post, there is a lot of anger in us which is senseless. I think it comes partly from what is happening around us. The situation around us not only keeps us economically down but has also turned all of us into nervous wrecks. Just look at the comments on this blog and how everyone KATNAEY KO DOURRTA HAI.

35. Haroon says:
    January 1st, 2008 11:13 pm

If the sad events of 2007 shakes us up and makes us realize hat we need to act ourselves and stop letting self-serving generals and politicians take us for a ride, then maybe we still have a future.

36. AZRA says:
    January 1st, 2008 11:34 pm

My 5 wishes for 2008:

1. End to military govt.
    2. Restore judges.
    3. Restore constitution.
    4. Independence of media.
    5. Free and fair elections.

37. Ansari says:
    January 1st, 2008 11:43 pm

I honestly believe that if we can get rid of military rule and of Musharraf this year, then a lot of the other things will at least become better, if not solved.

38. Zaheer says:
    January 1st, 2008 11:59 pm

We are partly in this mess because we keep accepting second-best solutions. For example, we will again accept a less than fair election under a Musharraf, instead of siding with Imran and Aitizaz and saying that he has to go and teh election has to be boycotted…. right now if PPP and PML-N announce to boycott the elections, teh pressure on Musharraf woudl be immense to make him leave.

39. TURAB says:
    January 2nd, 2008 12:06 am

my only wish is Mushi safe and sound as a pres. , everything else will fall in place! Long Live MUSHI!

40. Shahnaz Khan says:
    January 2nd, 2008 12:10 am

Here are my wishes for Pakistan:

1. End of feudal system (without this there can be no democracy in the true sense)
    2. Provincial self governance
    3. Universal education
    4. End of poverty
    5. Easy, quick and equal justice for all
    6. Good governance
    7. End of US involvement in Pakistan’s affairs
    8. Setting up of a think tank comprising of intelligent and dedicated individuals from all walks of life to envision a future of Pakistan 25 years from now that reflects the wishes of Pakistanis, develop a road map and monitor the progress.

41. Pur Umeed says:
    January 2nd, 2008 12:28 am

I have a wish and a prediction for 2008.

That the big names in politics will disappear and a new generation will take over. Maybe Bilawal will be one of them, maybe not. But the time for this current crowd is over. They need to all go.

42. meengla says:
    January 2nd, 2008 12:33 am

While Azra’s wishes are great, I’d like to add a few points–not necessarily ‘wishes’ but not necessarily ‘acts’ of volition either.
    1) There cannot be a ‘normal’ Pakistan unless Pakistan ceases to be a ‘Security State’ dominated by military. A Security State also makes Pakistan a ‘Client State’. Both of these cannot be avoided unless there is credible, sustained peace/detente with India..
    2) In a normal society there is always an ultimate conviction of throwing off of your rulers by use of ballot. In that sense alone India is far ahead of Pakistan. In case of Pakistan, that goal seems within sight after the defiance on March 8, 2007. It has faced serious setbacks since Nov. 3rd. But it is still achievable.
    3) The chatter on this blogspace of ‘we’ making right decision and electing the ‘right’ candidates/leaders and bemoaning corrupt/feudal politicians often takes the form of political naivete or, worse, outright disenfranchisement of the poor Pakistanis who kept being accused of voting for the ‘corrupt’ politicians. That a poor Allah Dutta voting for a corrupt leader is as rightful as a university professor voting for a ‘clean’ Imran Khan; this point has to be accepted with full understanding.
    4) American embrace is a poison in our affairs and in our region at large. This does not mean hating Americans but working with millions of informed (via the Internet) to influence their govt.
    5) On a practical note, I think Pakistan can use a govt. of national unity for next 10-15 years to sort out the issues facing the nation including the role of the military, the issue of Kashmir, the inter-provincial disputes, and the role of religion.

43. Jamshed Nazar says:
    January 2nd, 2008 8:53 am

New year wish lists by, (consider humor – no offence)

Musharraf:
    Bush awards him Congressional Medal of Freedom and nominates him for Nobel peace prize for the most important “front line state”. Also gets the awars for Statesman par excellence / Time person of the year / Leader of the free world in Asia / Hottest President of the year / the founder of the Kalabagh Dam / Visionanry of Gawadar etc etc.

Nawaz Sharif:
    Becomes Ameerul Momineen in Pakistan and makes a killing exporting his sugar to India / China / Middle East and buys up Buckinghum Palace

Pervez Elahi:
    Gujarat becomes the new centre of the world (a la New York) and PE is Prime Minister for next 100 years and becomes Amerul Momineen (keep it secret from NS) and makes a killing exporting his sugar to India / China / Middle East and buys up Bombay with its Bollywood studios

Asif Zardari:
    Becomes Prime Minister with full imunity and takes cent per cent in all contracts for year 2008 and next 100 years. Reema / Meera are promoted to Minister level and accompany to all local and foreign trips

Imran Khan:
    Has yet another crush on a 20 year old blond from London, becomes PM and sets up 10000 cancer hospitals all over Pakistan

Army:
    Every Pakistani joins the army and the those who cannot are moved over to the silly democracy of India. All Pakistan is divided into one and two kanal plots and declared DHA of Pakistan and ballot is held for these plots on the internet so that all people across the world can bid. A strech, perhaps, would be to annouce a DHA on the moon, start selling the files now and annouce completion date in 2099.

Jihadi Militants:
    Suicide attacks in every village, town, Tehsil, Toba, Chak, District, corner of Pakistan – so that every one goes to heaven and such that there is a waiting line outside the gates from heaven to hell

Dr. Adil Najam:
    replaces Mushahid Hussain, Hossain Haqqani, Ayaz Amir etc as the most established authority on anything that goes in Pakistan

Jamshed Nazar:
    Gets 100% paid by his firm with overtime for all the time in 2008 that he spends surfung on the internet websites

44. Abid says:
    January 2nd, 2008 10:18 am

Pakistan Wish List is only meaningful, IF such noble endeavors are undertaken with IMAN (faith; in our case, affirming with heart, testifying with the tongue and acting with the limbs. The actions of the limbs are from the completeness of Iman); and AQEEDAH (that which binds or that which is rooted in the heart – firm belief and principles).

Adil sahab

45. Dewana Aik01 says:
    January 2nd, 2008 1:01 pm

Our problem is we don’t find solutions but like to stick to status quo no matter what the circumstances demand. If any of us suggests a solution which is some what deviant from status quo he/she is immediately termed a traitor. The result is that eventually others find and implement even worst solutions for us which we hate even more but have no choice but to accept in the end.

Its time that we understand that sometimes things can not be left as they are if we need to fix things for the long run. For instance its time we take look at relations between provinces. We must let provinces run their own system as they wish and inter province relation should be limited to economic relations only. No more nazriyyatee BS

46. Asif Ansari says:
    January 2nd, 2008 5:18 pm

This wish list(endless) will be fulfilled by Santa ? The Christmas theme has gone into our heads . Appreciate what we have(Pakistan) and work to make it better .Mr Adil Najam instead of posting your wish list you should have said .This is what I am going to do for Pakistan and would like others to share there goals. Wishful thinking is by people who expect others to do the job, not me .
    I will work for , support and appeciate those who will make the Justice System Independent and strong in Pakistan
    I will support more girls to be educated in Pakistan
    I will work to promote peace and harmony in Pakistan
    I will make sure that i give the rights to my parents , wife ,kids ,myfamily , my country
    I will make sure that from my hands and words everyone that i interact with is safe

Asif Ansari

47. Naila says:
    January 2nd, 2008 6:17 pm

Make Justice # 1. The rest of the wish list will automatically follow once Justice is in place.

48. Mehmood says:
    January 2nd, 2008 10:55 pm

Dear Adil Najam.
    Add my wish please to your list of seven!
    Religious Freedom for every one.
    Mehmood.

49. zakoota says:
    January 3rd, 2008 12:00 am

My updated wish list:

Leave everything aside, please save our beloved Pakistan!

We are only if Pakistan is!

50. January 3rd, 2008 1:19 am

Reader Shiraz sent us this banner inspired by the post. Our thanks and gratitude to Shiraz.

51. YOUNUS says:
    January 3rd, 2008 1:36 am

Love the last one. JURAT I TEHQEEQ.

JIN KA DEEN QIZB-O-RIA HAI UNN KO, HIMAT-I-KUFR MILLEY, JURAT-I-TEHQEEQ MILLEY

52. Dewana Aik says:
    January 3rd, 2008 1:38 am

Dream on

53. Shariq Riazi says:
    January 8th, 2008 5:18 am

My Wishlist for 2008

Each and every out of 160 million is strong and confident enough to turn tables in favor of Pakistan and start the improvement from their nearest place i.e. their home.

Education standards and Law and order should be enforced with unseen differences between provinces and cities.

Everyone consider themselves first a Human Being/Muslim and then only a Pakistani.

If we can even think in this way we can add value.

This life is not a solo hero movie, it could contain numerous heroes and it is now your whether you want to be a hero of this multi starer movie or just and ordinary side role actor.

54. Shariq Riazi says:
    January 8th, 2008 5:19 am

My Wishlist for 2008

If we can even think in this way we can add value.

This life is not a solo hero movie, it could contain numerous heroes and it is now your call whether you want to be a hero of this multi starer movie or just and ordinary side role actor.

55. m irfan says:
    April 7th, 2008 3:16 pm

I just wish that we understand that if something was to happen to Pakistan then we would not have a country and if anybody wants to know what its like to be without a country then please ask our brothers of Palestine so please be thankful and PROUD to be a PAKISTANI

56. Faline says:
    December 2nd, 2008 11:00 pm

Very nice Wish List Adil. I am sure all countries can agree with this. I am new to this site and I live in Alabama USA. I am American and my good husband is from Lahore, so I take a vested interest in both sides. Thank you for the opportunity to add my thoughts. I have looked over the 1973 Constitution of Pakistan. It reads well but but you ask for its restoration to the original content. I gather it has been changed and amended?
    Here is the link below. My best to all. God bless.

57. Javeria says:
    December 3rd, 2008 10:27 am

salam
    zakoota ne bilkol sahi bola main zakoota ke saath hon wese Pakistan ke liye meri wish list hai ke mulla ka mon bandh kar waye aur sakoon se baet jaye.

58. Dawood says:
    December 3rd, 2008 1:44 pm

This is a wonderful vision of Pakistan.

Your prayers for Pakistan and your wish list is every Pakisatani’s wish list.

Aameen. And Thank you.