“I Protest. Please Get Me Married.”

Posted on March 24, 2009
Filed Under >A for [Pine]Apple, Photo of the Day, Society

Asma Mirza

In Pakistan, lately we are getting prone to marches and protests. But couple of days back newspapers printed a unique protest launched by a young man, Hashmat Ali, outside Peshawar Press Club.

Protest to get married asap

The placard he’s holding states:

Announcement For All” [Protest to Get Married]

Its requested to all people that I’m under lots of torture. My father is very wealthy. I’m eldest in my siblings. My father has married all of theme even though they are all jobless. I’m working as a watchman in a girl’s hostel and earning Rs. 5000 per month. Even then my father is not arranging my marriage.

I request that my father arrange my marriage in time.

We, at ATP, wish him all the best. And unanimously requests his father to marry him in time. Do you join me in this prayer?

Image Courtesy: The News

21 Comments on ““I Protest. Please Get Me Married.””

March 24th, 2009 8:49 pm

the guy’s face expression is very genuinly sad.

2. Nihari says:
    March 24th, 2009 10:05 pm

Abay yahan shadi kar kay kaun sukh say hai….girls hostel ki chowkidari aur phir shadi ki khuwahish..tu sada kunwara rahay ga

3. Anwar says:
    March 24th, 2009 10:49 pm

He is suffering from work related heartaches… Certainly his job is very enticing for him.
    Best wishes and prayers….

4. K Alam says:
    March 25th, 2009 1:07 am

I can donate 500 Rs. We can set target of 20K for valima dinner.

5. Hadi says:
    March 25th, 2009 2:01 am

Haye masooom………soon we’ll be joining him in the protest ;)

6. Phil says:
    March 25th, 2009 2:01 am

LOLshadi :)

Cuteness in wretchedness. Nice find [A]pple!

7. Talha says:
    March 25th, 2009 2:05 am

Asai mazak nahin uratai kanwaron kai

Sharam ani chahyee Apple tumhain

8. Qausain says:
    March 25th, 2009 2:13 am

ye to waqai bohat Zulm hay …
    Hashmat tum qadam barhao, hum thumharay sath hain.

9. Harris Jalal says:
    March 25th, 2009 2:17 am

Yar iska kuch karao, aur phir mera bhi socho…. kasmay….

10. fareeha says:
    March 25th, 2009 5:25 am

he still dont know how lucky he is :P

11. Zoufishan says:
    March 25th, 2009 5:57 am

Hosla, Hosla>Hashmat,khud kadam barao shadi keh liye, hum sab tumhare saath hai!!

Is this for real??

12. MQ says:
    March 25th, 2009 6:00 am

If he removes the scarf from his head, shaves off the stubble on his face, and pays more attention to the roost he is guarding, he is more likely to find a bride for himself.

I have a fleeting suspicion, though, that his father knows a thing or two about him that we don’t.

13. Fakhar says:
    March 25th, 2009 6:23 am

Bol Keh Lab azad Hain Tere

14. Murtaza Shah says:
    March 25th, 2009 8:50 am

Do you believe it’s possible??
    Well I believe that, Pour quoi, Pathan kuchh be kar sakta hai.
    There is one more thing to add, it is possible that his father is not paying the WALWER ( money to buy the bride, as it is tradiotion there ).

15. March 25th, 2009 9:40 am

This post is hilarious and works at two levels .

1. A grown man is asking his father to arrange a marriage for him. In Pakistan, I know, women need elders to arrange their marriages not men. In a male dominated society, it is common to hear women suffer in different forms but I did not know that men needed help with marrying as well.

2. It shows the childish use of media by all and sundry. This is just a harmless rendition of what is becoming a really serious problem in Pakistan. Electronic media is emerging as another institution in Pakistan which does not know its own boundaries. By constantly telling an elected government on finer points of running a country, channels like Geo are crossing the fine line between responsible and reckless journalism. It is true that media has played a role in some good events in recent Pakistani history but by playing a partisan role for too long, it will lose all credibility that it has built with a lot of hard work and perseverance. There is a need for it to devise a self regulation mechanism for a continued support of all people of Pakistan.

By Sikander Hayat

March 25th, 2009 10:14 am

Harris Jalal, your comment is very funny. You made me laugh :)

17. banjara286 says:
    March 25th, 2009 5:25 pm

hao maeen bhi smajhtaoon ye bhot zulm hae bhai. uss ki shaadi jaldi kar dena, bechara bomrDiaan maar letay beTha hay.

mashalla bacha noke palak se durust, bar sare rozgar or umoor duniya dari mayn bhot khabil hae. amrika canada mayn bachiyon ke rishtay naeen miltay na. kidhar haen sob larki vaalay. foran darkhwast bhejo apni bachi ke vaastay
    [A]pple saab ke tavassut se.

18. Mohsin Irshad says:
    March 25th, 2009 5:41 pm

One of the funniest posts u ll ever see on ATP

19. readinglord says:
    March 25th, 2009 8:16 pm

Hashmat is lucky that he has a father to arrange for his marriage. What should they do who have neither mother nor father to do the needful. I suggest that PPP should also add promise for marriage which becomes essential after one gets their ‘Roti, Kaprha and Makan’. This may prove to be an effective measure for prevention of potential suicide bombers to blast.

20. Asim says:
    March 26th, 2009 11:45 am

Biata Hashmat,
    Kuch aur dhunda ker….yeh larkiyon ka hostel tumko kaheen ka nahi chorray ga!

21. Saad says:
    March 26th, 2009 8:06 pm

awwww. Hashmat bhai, hamari duaen aap kay saath hein :)