Slow but Comfy in Hyderabad

Posted on October 27, 2007
Filed Under >Owais Mughal, Photo of the Day

Owais Mughal

The word traffic relates to any man, animal or machine of any shape and size that can use a road. Such a diverse use is obvious from the photo above which is dated October 23, 2007. A friend of mine recently forwarded it to me. Also note the leisure of three men sitting on top of this camel cart. Ghalib’s sher comes to mind:

dil dhoondta hai phir wohi fursat ke raat din
bethay raheN tassawur-e-janaaN kiyay hoay

18 Comments on “Slow but Comfy in Hyderabad”

1. sharuk says:
    October 27th, 2007 10:18 pm

Owais bhai we are super advance people – who use “desert airplane” on autobahn road. silly thought :P
    anyways dear i made a facebook for pakistaniat.com’s reader. its address is
    like it says your can read current posts and search stuff from within facebook.
    …but I need your help too! I build this app using dapper which is free web service but it requires content owners permission to allow people to mashup their content on dapper. so if you go to this URL –
    http://www.dapper.net/control-access.php when you visit this page you first need to create an account on dapper which is free and then input some little bit information about your site. after that it will give a small snippit of code which you can just paste-in in your blog template. I think you guys can handle that part if not let me know.

2. Ahsan says:
    October 28th, 2007 2:43 am

The first autobahn (autoroute) of the planet was constructed in 1924 in Italy. It was 85 kilometers long between Milan and Verese.

3. Rafay Kashmiri says:
    October 28th, 2007 5:09 am

Pakistani Autobhan is going animal !

never knew you can have cotton seed satta Bazar
    on the Autobhan Karachi- Hayderabad.

4. Ayjay says:
    October 28th, 2007 8:29 am

Autobahns in Germany still have no speed limit. Sometimes limits are imposed based on fog and traffic density.
    funny picture though :)

October 28th, 2007 2:03 pm

Ahssan and Ayjay, thanks for the info. on autobahns.

6. Ubed says:
    October 28th, 2007 3:37 pm

Hey!!

Don’t u guys say a word abt ma dear city hyderabad!! lols..

well yeah those animals on the so called “Autobahn road” are a night mare specially when u r driving on the same road .I wish hyderabad gets better,cleaner,IT driven like the indian hyderabad, and i also wish that my wish comes true!!

Why can’t hyderabadis follow dubai’s example for instance???

7. SH KAVI says:
    October 29th, 2007 12:27 am

This picture is a perfect metaphor for Pakistan’s plight.

-backwardness at the top.
    -moderation in the middle, __ struggling for its space.
    -modernity far behind.

8. Expat says:
    October 29th, 2007 1:41 pm

Autobahn road is also famous for the extremely tasty fried fish being sold there. I would recommend this fish to any luucky one planning a trip to autobahn road.

9. khan says:
    October 30th, 2007 3:58 pm

yar yeh hyd main kahan hai main to hyd main hi rehta houn bhai yeh chowk jo background main nazar araha hai AUTOBAHN road per nahi hai baray sahab….

10. Rafay Kashmiri says:
    October 30th, 2007 4:13 pm

Khan,
    any way its too late, now the unth gari will pass, will
    take its time, I wish the whole Autobhan should banned for
    polutioning cars, only donkey, horese, camel carts.

@SH KAVI,

are you talking about your country ???

October 30th, 2007 4:41 pm

Khan
    I got this photo from a friend who got its clipping from an online newspaper which called in ‘Auto Bhan’ (as autobahn road is usually called in local press) Road Hyderabad. Its been many years that I’ve been personally to Hyderabad so there is no way for me to confirm except to believe the online newspaper where I myself saw the caption of ‘Auto Bhan’

12. Shahbaz Khan says:
    October 31st, 2007 2:38 pm

It has been only a year since I left Hyderabad and I am pretty sure this is not the autobahn road that I left there.

13. Rafay Kashmiri says:
    October 31st, 2007 8:54 pm

Khan Saheb,

Ye Autobhan jatey waqt to nehien thi…………!!

arz kia hay :

Hum wahan hein, jahan say hum ko bhi

Kuch hamari khabar nehien aati

14. Sam says:
    November 3rd, 2007 4:28 am

The first time I saw it, I thought its Allah Wali Chowrangi of Tariq Road, Karachi. Khan seems to be right. This does not look like Autobhan road, though the camel cart and its load is a true picture of the city.

15. Zia Ahmed says:
    May 8th, 2009 2:46 am

Just 2 years ago i left Hyderabad, But i am sure its not AutoBhan, but really not able to call which road is it.

16. Hammad says:
    May 8th, 2009 7:22 am

I am from Hyderabad, and this is not Autobahn road at all. Local newspapers should effort more to get the quality pics, instead doing this.

May 8th, 2009 10:24 am

Hammad and Zia. If it is not Autobahn road,then which road is it? I’ll be more than glad to do correction. Look at the half-monument on the interesection. That may give you hint on what is the road’s name.

May 12th, 2009 11:18 pm

After atleast 6 people from Hyderabad have told me this photo is not from Autobahn Road, I’ve decided to agree with them :) I’ve hence removed all mention of Autobahn road from the post. Thank you all for being keen readers and pointing out areas where correction is needed.