Meet Saira Amin; PAF Sword of Honor Winner

Posted on September 22, 2006
Filed Under >Adil Najam, People, Women

This news item from today’s Daily Times (23 September, 2006) needs no explanation. Saira Amin needs our words of congratulations, and maybe a crisp salute.

Your Ad Here

The coveted Sword of Honour for best all-round performance was claimed by Aviation Cadet Saira Amin, who made history by being the first woman pilot to have won the Sword of Honour in any defence academy of Pakistan. The passing out parade of the 117th GD (P) course, which includes the second batch of three women pilots, was held at the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Academy, Risalpur Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed, PAF chief of air staff, was the chief guest. The trophy for best performance in general service training and the Chief of Air Staff Trophy for best performance in flying were lifted by Aviation Cadet Squadron Under Officer Nadir Ali. The Asghar Hussain Trophy for best performance in academics was achieved by Aviation Cadet Saira Amin. Squadron No 3 received the Quaid-e-Azam Banner for being the champion squadron.

I had always thought that Inayat Hussain Bhatti’s 1965 song, jang khed nai zananian di (‘war is not the sport of women’) was a ratehr silly song. I guess Ms. Amin is also not a fan of that song. I wish her the very best, although I do also wish that neither she nor anyone else – man or woman – has to actually go to war to demonstrate the silliness of Mr. Bhatti’s histrionics.

The courage of Mukhtaran Mai, the skill of Urooj Mumtaz Khan, the determination of Saira Amin, and the sheer resiliance of all the other 80 million women in Pakistan. You make us proud.

105 Comments on “Meet Saira Amin; PAF Sword of Honor Winner”

1. Rabia Bashir says:
    September 22nd, 2006 10:43 pm

Thanks Adil for bringing this news to ATP! As I was reading this news today with immense pride, I remembered
    Nadia Gul, Saba Khan, Saira Batool and Mariam Khalil for being the first female pilots in the history of Pakistan Air Force. Also, Captain Ayesha Rabia Naveed, Sadia, Rifaat Haye for being the first all-women crew to fly for the Pakistan International Airlines.

They all deserve our sincere appreciation and support for bringing in the wind of change and making all of us proud. Hats off to Saira Amin for getting the sword of honor that itself speaks volume of her passion and excellence in what she does :)Way to go…from good to better and then to best!

2. cadet says:
    September 23rd, 2006 1:31 am

This is no ordinary achievement for man or woman. I am glad women are rising in these traditionally male roles. Success like this will go a long way in chainging men’s attitudes in Pakistan.

3. Aziz Akhmad says:
    September 22nd, 2006 11:54 pm

Adil,
    The song “jang khed nain hondi zananian di” probably related to the 1971 war. The barb was aimed at Indira Gandhi who was then the prime minister of India. General Yahya Khan was our man. The result of the war, however, proved that the message in the song was unfounded.

4. shirazi says:
    September 23rd, 2006 1:35 am

APP adds:

Convocation ceremony of the 117th General Duty Pilot course was held at the College of Flying Training, PAF Academy on Wednesday. Prof Haroon Rasheed, vice chancellor University of Peshawar, was chief guest on the occasion. He warded bachelor’s of science degrees to the aviation cadets of the course and also awarded prizes to aviation cadets while trophies were given away for best performance in humanities as well as aero sciences subjects were bagged by Aviation Cadet (Sgt) Saira Amin.

Addressing the ceremony Prof Rasheed said: “As an ideological nation, our true strength lies in the unshakable faith in Almighty Allah. It is through his divine faith, combined with resolute will and self-reliance that you can acquit yourselves in real sense of the sacred trust the nation has reposed in you.â€

5. saima nasir says:
    September 23rd, 2006 5:30 am

Finally – a time when the sky is not the limit for women in Pakistan !!!

6. September 23rd, 2006 10:59 am

No nation can rise to the height of glory unless your women are side by side with you. We are victims of evil customs. It is a crime against humanity that our women are shut up within the four walls of their houses as prisoners. There is no sanction anywhere for the deplorable conditions in which our women have to live. You should take your women along with you as comrades in every sphere of life.”

(Mr. Mahomed Ali Jinnah, 1944- The founding father of Pakistan)

Pakistan Zindabad!

7. Hawwa says:
    September 23rd, 2006 11:58 am

I think part of the surprise everyone has here is becasue she has excelled in something that is supposed to be of the MAN’S world. Afterall, women do well – and often better than men – every day in Medical colleges, now in corporate offices, and so many other places. But to excel in the man’s world is what seems to really count !

8. Aziz Akhmad says:
    September 23rd, 2006 9:00 am

Shiraz sb,

I don’t want to diminish the importance of the occasion, but the speech of the “chief guest” sounds heavily cliched. It does neither make a mention of the singular achievement of Saira nor of the PAF academy for admitting and training women. The APP release is also stilted as always.

It seems that while the women in Pakistan are trying to reach the skies and breaking the barriers, the “chief guests” and the APP are still taxiing — on a narrow strip.

9. shirazi says:
    September 23rd, 2006 12:04 pm

Aziz Akhmad: Please look at it this way: These are very imprtant and internationally visible occasions and certianly much beyound individual achievements and their mentions. Only strategic policies are spelled out on passing outs; army , airforce or navy.

Speaking of any cadets achievement would have been “taxing â€

10. Aziz Akhmad says:
    September 23rd, 2006 12:41 pm

Shirazi (sorry for dropping off the i at the end of your name last time),

Yes, graduations are important occasions but mostly for the participants. They are rarely visible internationally. Do you recall who was the keynote speaker (or “chief guest”?) at the graduation ceremonies at Harvard, MIT, West Point or Oxford last June and what any of them said? Speeches on these occasions are mostly motivational and, depending on a particular speech, only the participants would remember it or be influenced by it.

The host at Risalpur on this occasion, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Ahmad Khan, did speak of Saira’s achievement in his speech. And I am sure she will always remember his words. But the chief guest relied on tired cliches. And no one in the audience would remember what he said.

Maybe, I am expecting too much from “chief guests”. They rarely say anything original or worth remembering.

11. shirazi says:
    September 24th, 2006 12:28 am

Aziz Akhmed: Last on this one: There is a difference between grafuations at civil universities and at militry institution. I don’t remeber one you have refered here but I distinctly remeber the one in which I was present. President of our country was there, one head of anorger state was there and the entire diplomatic corps was there. You can imagine what must have been talked out there – all original and message sendig to all the concerned.

12. five_thousand_rs_note says:
    September 24th, 2006 3:59 am

Does it really make a difference to the millions of lives of women in pakistan.

We get very happy by such sensational news, but do nothing about the lives of millions of women who really need our help.

For that matter all the poor people who are in the crutches of vaderaas and feudals.

The people who suffer because of the kasai (butcher) doctors that are now quite common even in big cities,

etc, etc.

13. Daktar says:
    September 24th, 2006 4:51 am

14. ahmed says:
    September 24th, 2006 8:11 pm

saira amin you make me proud.As pakistani , as father of young daughter.
    God bless and may you go even higher.
    ahmed

15. 5000 says:
    September 24th, 2006 11:34 pm

[quote comment="3147"]Yes, it DOES make a difference. Maybe not the greatest difference, but a difference nonetheless. It chips away at the barriers we have created, gives us role models, and breaks stereotypes. Ultimately, these are necessary for social change.

What does NOT make a difference, and certainly does not help, is teh cynical and self-defeating attitude that since nothing will make a difference therefore we should do nothing. Yes, more can be done, and good luck doing it. But that should not be an excuse to belittle the smaller victories.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

Now tell me what difference will it make in the lives of those women who cannot read and/or could not read the post due to no access to media?
    [quote]
    P.S. On your other message re. bicycles and poverty; if Pakistan were to have a real manufacturing base as that essay suggests that WOULD make a real difference in poverty and teh lives of the poor.[/quote]
    Good point, but I think that there is greater scope in the services sector as the out manafacturing sector just cannot compete with our high input costs, other than in niche products.

16. September 25th, 2006 5:13 am

Some changes are more meaningful that others in terms of shifting societal notions. Here is another news from PTI that, hoepfully, spells a shift:

The Pakistan army has recruited a Hindu for the first time in its nearly 60-year-old history, months after it commissioned a Sikh youth.

Danesh formally donned the Pakistan army colours at a parade on Saturday along with fellow recruits. Danesh, who hails from Tharparker district in rural Sindh bordering Rajasthan, said he was inspired by Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf to join the forces.

‘President Musharraf has all the qualities that a great leader should possess,’ he was quoted as saying by state-run APP news agency.

He added, ‘It is my country, and I would serve it to the best of my capabilities and energy to bring a good name to it. We live here as brothers. It never occurred to my mind that I belonged to a religion other than Islam,’ he said.

Minorities in Pakistan are allowed to sit in all examinations including those conducted by Inter Services Selection.

I should add, however, that I am not fully sure about this being the first ever case of a Hindu officer in the Army.  I may be wrong; does anyone have information on this?

17. Daktar says:
    September 25th, 2006 11:26 am

This IS an important news. I hope it signifies the beginnibng of a trend; both about women and in your later comment about minorities in the military. We have to make this ‘Pakistan’ military; not Islam’s Army.

18. Umera says:
    September 25th, 2006 11:53 am

I find it very annoying, when everything that is achieved is made to look insignificant because of what as a nation we have failed to achieve.

The fact that this young woman has conquered frontiers, which had not been conquered by any other women before is something to be applauded. What she has achieved is independent of the misrey of other women in Pakistan.

Secondly, when you decide to not be proud of individual achievements, you are practically saying that our individual efforts make no difference. We should not try and strive for individual success because if fails to affects millions of other lives. Based on my personal experience, I believe that one can only help others when one is satisfied with what one has achieved in their own life. I am unlikely to help another person if I feel that I have failed in my life, because I would spend my efforts helping myself and making my life better.

As a society, we have to get out of this pessimistic mindset of seeing the glass as half empty and have to start seeing it as half full. I personally believe that Saira is an inspiration to many young women in Pakistan, and I know for sure that she is a role model for my young cousin who wants to follow in her footsteps and serve Pakistan air force. She has to be applauded for achieving what no other women in Pakistan has achieved.

19. alvipervaiz says:
    September 25th, 2006 2:49 pm

“I had always thought that Inayat Hussain Bhatti’s 1965 song, jang khed nai honthi zananian di (’war is not[a] the sport of women’) was a rather silly song.”

Dr. Najam: Could singer of this song be Taj Multani and not Inayat Hussain Bhatti. It was a very popular song during and after 1965 war with India, both among men and women alike. Only now it sounds silly to some of us. Its twin song was ‘Lala Ji Jan Thay O’. In political correctness this song could be regarded silly now. Just a comment.

20. Captain's Log says:
    September 25th, 2006 11:33 pm

I am very doubtful about timings. When Mush is in US , the news come out. It would sure help him in media. Any how I was never doubtful about women’s talent. They could always beat men in aggregates(there are so many stupid courses which guys don’t care about much) Women are hard working but tell me honestly how many of you would prefer women over men doing dog fighting in F-16s. I for many reasons would not.

21. Brainy says:
    September 26th, 2006 2:06 am

Captain’s Log….”Any how I was never doubtful about women’s talent. They could always beat men in aggregates(there are so many stupid courses which guys don’t care about much) Women are hard working but tell me honestly how many of you would prefer women over men doing dog fighting in F-16s. I for many reasons would not.”
    This is a pretty MCP comment! But then again, why am I surprised? Most of our Paki men do think like you. What a pity! I would think as long as Pakistan is winning, if we are in any kind of war, the only thing that would truly matter would be that Pakistan IS winning…not who is flying an F-16!!
    And the second thing is women are better than men in a LOT of things….who cares about some stupid courses?? Beats me.

22. alvipervaiz says:
    September 26th, 2006 9:33 am

The Cadet uniform is not without interest. While men are donned in western style shirts tucked inside smart pants and with high boots, the women are still wearing the good old “Shalwar-Kamiz” flying and flapping in the wind with each high step. And the straps across the front and the back giving them the perfect look of a girl scout. Changes are hard to come by in Pakistan.

23. Yahya says:
    September 29th, 2006 12:19 pm

Where are these cadet girls from in Pakistan? Do certain areas produce more physically cable women? I suspect semi-urban/rural background helps when it comes to physical fitness.

24. Samdani says:
    September 29th, 2006 1:03 pm

Dear Yahya, I hope the implication is NOT that her performance is one of ‘physical capability’; the sword of honour, in particular, is a matter of intelelctual caliber and skill. More importantly, I hope the assumption is not that the reason more women are not in this and other professions is because they are somehow ‘physically incapable’. The hurdles to women’s advancement are NOT physical, they are mental-in the minds of men; becasue that is where the logic of discrimination resides.

I realize – and hope – this may not have been the intention of your comment. I do not mean it personally. But I thought the point needed to be made generally.

25. Yahya says:
    September 29th, 2006 2:05 pm

Dear Samdani

You are right. My intensions are none of those. Flight manoeuvring places extreme pressure on human body and I am just wondering if lifestyle background has an effect on success…or failure to become a pilot. This in turn may mean that candidates of certain types of areas are more likely to succeed? I don’t know just wondering. May be its not worth spending any time on.

26. Yahya says:
    September 29th, 2006 2:16 pm

Dear Samdani

Please ignore my last commnet. I don’t know what I said there. Obviously I am taking too much of what I shouldn’t be taking in the first place. Here is what I really wanted to say…

Flying certainly required intellectual calibre but it also has a physical capability requirement. I understand women were not accepted in air force for reasons other than physical capability but that is not my point. I was just wondering if lifestyle background has an effect on success…or failure to become a pilot. This in turn may mean that candidates of certain types of areas are more likely to succeed? I don’t know just wondering. May be its not worth spending any time on.

PS: I know it applies to both men and women but it just did not dawn on me while there were only men. Sorry I am after all a paindoo from back home trying to grow out of it. :)

27. Yahya says:
    September 30th, 2006 9:25 am

Here is another lady (Amna) who has done something considering she is only in the first yesr of her course.

Scary. I think men should start demanding quota in education and work or we’ll be extint soon.

28. Ghalib says:
    November 16th, 2006 7:15 pm

well done saira amin!!! fer me she aint a woman but a human first so she has all the praises from my side an sowrd of honor is a bog achievement!
    well about women role i guess we shudnt politicise the matter i see men speakin against women an women fer women an vise versa! tht wont help the cause! we juss talk make arguments but she has done it ppl will talk abt it like if thts a political move orrrrr!wateva even its political she was somethin its not she was picked from the bottom an givem a sword!she has done it an digest it!
    Islam as a religion hasnt forbade women frm workin or competing with men(its true!!)but our cultural heritage mainly influenced by the hinduism tht dun give totals rights to women a women are infused in their minds tht they are inferior but nuffin like tht in muslim woman!they can do ne thing take examples of razia sultana,in fighting it doesnt mean u shud be fighting with guns u can be a doctor to help they wounded!but its tht muslims are stereotyped as we dun give women their rights our woman have rights trust me religion give it so ladies ask fer them !in west a woman cant divorce(catholic)see charles got married queen wasnt in the marriage ceremony it was a private matter!! satti in india an many more examples!we as a nation ideological shudd have our women side by side in facin the challanges of the world not like asma jahangir tht speaks agianst combined family system an herself lives in one,not adddressin the issue but tryin to uproot a system!tht leads u to international conferences where she speaks abt crap an total antipakistan stuff with out ne cerdibilty just to gather money from the masses!never seen her crying fer a women university or a medical school or women employment! she juss wana change hudood cases!! coz they are more profitable in west!!!
    in last i wish saira amin the best may she rose to tahe ranks an tell the world wat a pakistani woman is!at home shes a mother a sister!shes a fighter in airforce shes a doctor a lawyer she has it all,but there are pitfalls we shud along with the women folks try to eradicate them!dun politicise them men=women!!!theres a difference bw culture an religion:)

29. airman sehrish says:
    November 17th, 2006 5:05 pm

not to be rude or disrespectful since i in united states airforce myself…why women looks so (let me use an urdu word that would best describe it)…”Mardmar” ,in military,they kind a loose there feminine qualities traditionally ascribed to women, as sensitivity or gentleness.

30. Samdani says:
    November 17th, 2006 5:11 pm

You are right. That is rude and disrespectful.

31. airman sehrish says:
    November 17th, 2006 5:12 pm

not to be rude or disrespectful, i m as proud on our paf females as anybody else could be from pakistan..being in united states airforce myself, just wonder that why women looks so…(let me find a word)…”mardmar”(if you know wut does it mean) in military, like they just completely lost there feminism qualities traditionally ascribed to women, as sensitivity or gentleness. i guess its just a military bearing….

32. Yahya says:
    November 17th, 2006 6:08 pm

airman(?) sehrish, isn’t playing masculine part of the military act? Perhaps see her after the show and may be you’ll like her more.

33. Imran Hashmi says:
    March 6th, 2007 9:11 pm

I am proud of Pakistani Womens and I am now proudly can share this news with many foreign colleagues in Canada that we are the great nation and in our Country we give womens an equal chances of progress.
    Once again Saira Amin please accept my sincere wishes for your future and i know still Pakistani womens have many steps to take to make Pakistan great and you have to become a model for them.

34. Nomee says:
    March 6th, 2007 9:19 pm

I am Proud of You.
    I Pay my tribute to those parents who give you that courage to break 116 year old record to become the first ever sword winner in Pakistan Air force all Time best Cadet performer.
    I wish you best of Luck and Remember still you have to face many difficuilties from echo oriented men but always think like:
    You are special and You are proud Pakistani

35. March 8th, 2007 11:22 am

[...] Today is March 8 – International Women’s Day. Today we wish to celebrate women in the fullness of what it means to be a woman in Pakistan. To celebrate their achievements (also here, here, here and here). And to celebrate their struggles (also here, here, here and here). [...]

36. khalid khan says:
    March 8th, 2007 7:55 pm

Mr. Adil,

your comments about the legendary singer mr inayat hussain Bhatti are based upon your lack of information and your sarcastic comments show lack of respect for those artists who have always whole heartedly backed our forces in all the wars.

Firstly the tranna “jang khed nai zananian diâ€

37. Samdani says:
    March 8th, 2007 8:32 pm

The song WAS sung by Inayat Hussain Bhatti. It was written by Dr. Rashid Anwar. The song was silly, particularly given how that and other wars ended for Pakistan. That does not make the singer silly, however, and it does not seem like anyone is suggesting that.

38. khalid khan says:
    March 10th, 2007 4:58 pm

My apologies for misunderstanding but buddy, “YOU ARE WRONGâ€

39. Zafar says:
    March 16th, 2007 5:50 pm

I look at this and remind myself of the good things that this government did. But after this week that bad outweighs the good.

40. faheem says:
    March 16th, 2007 2:52 am

hi saira Amin.hope u will be fine and very happy to get the sword of honour.we all pakistanies r proud of u.best of luck for future.my blessings r with u

41. munazza khan says:
    March 25th, 2007 12:34 pm

salam Saira Amin,how are you?i am fine.u did a great job!!just keep it up and just remember that secret that the secret of success is really very easy.just do better than a man in your field and just keep on doing it and u will get ur success.
    i pray to Allah that he may give u much success always in every step of ur life.ameen.Allahafiz

42. Ali Raza says:
    April 1st, 2007 7:47 am

Assalam-O-Aalaikum hawz you all i realy very very canrats ms.Saira Amin to attain her target i also wana be a GD(p)would you please please please please Give me some guidence to how can i became Fighter pilot I Once again cangrats MS.Saira Amin ok Allah hafiz my e mail adress i alredy has given in the given field please reply me soon

THANKS A LOT!!!!

43. April 10th, 2007 1:48 am

Assalam o alikum saira amin and . . . .. batool,how are you i am fine you did a great job.God succeed in your life i hope every pakistani women wanted this job for God,i prayed to Allah may that give you much succeed.AMIN

44. Babbi says:
    April 10th, 2007 2:30 am

Adil,

I am really surprised to see that a person of your intellect can say the word “silly” about a patriotic song.

The song was written during the war and actually the “zananian” called in this song are Indians and it is written in a way to agonize the Indians during the war.

Saying that I do believe in each and every word of Quaid-e-Azam about the womens role in the society.

“There is no sanction anywhere for the deplorable conditions in which our women have to live. You should take your women along with you as comrades in every sphere of life.â€

45. champu says:
    April 27th, 2007 1:29 pm

the so called sword has refused from flying
    and none of these ladies is in figter flying mind you all are in slow flying cos they refused to fly fighters.

46. Asad says:
    May 27th, 2007 3:29 pm

I have first hand account of these “ladies who got the sword, in the last two graduation ceremonies at Risalpur.

They did not deserve the sword but got it just so that the government could use it to boast about the status of women. A boy deserved the sword but he was put in second place.

I know for a fact that there is great resentment in Risalpur academy about the unfair treatment given to the boy who actually deserved it.

Furthermore, I also know that the pilot graduates are just flying training aircrafts and C-130′s, not the fighters. So much for female pilots…

Lack of merit based decisions has seeped into the armed forces too.

47. sarah says:
    June 23rd, 2007 12:32 pm

asad and chapu ,you people are among the millions of idiotic guys ,jealous of the success of women.

48. wajeeha says:
    July 4th, 2007 11:34 am

hi,
    i m so happy for you saira baji.it was my childhood dream to be a first pakistani first army cadet but it was yours luck so can you help me also so i can i also know that what we should till where our qualification should be i have already dsone my higher secondary ok bye and take care God bless u in your every step of life live long life bye
    allah hafiz

my contact no is 00971 50 4168854
    i m in Abu Dhabi

49. Arshed Mahmud says:
    July 23rd, 2007 3:44 am

Aziz Akhmad is in such an extreme hurry to make a point about Mrs Gandhi & Yahya Khan in his comment dated 22 September that he does not bother to check the facts upon which his wisecrack is based. The song was in question was sung during the 1965 war!

We are proud of you Saira well done!

50. waqas butt says:
    August 25th, 2007 2:17 am

a great honour for the paf as well as pakistan to be the women also standing side by side with men

51. September 6th, 2007 3:27 pm

I appreciate Saria Amin Khan that she made example for other women, that they can do every hard job they are not inferior then men. I salam to Saria. Keep it up.

52. September 19th, 2007 5:16 am

Ilove to pakistan army and I will study to cadet but am poor

53. irum imdad says:
    September 20th, 2007 12:36 pm

i must say that it is an honourable thing for us that our pakistani women are now taking interest in air force and they have given equal rights with men i will congratute cadet saira amin on her honour of sword and other women pilots.god bless u

54. Rafay Kashmiri says:
    October 9th, 2007 3:40 pm

AC Saira Amin,
    Agar App Ijazat dain, Filbadih arz kia hay

Wo Zauq-o-Azm keh jo Husn-e-mujasum hay
    Unn ki ankhon ka tamatun bhi shamshir bakaf hay

Adaab

55. umar ali khan says:
    October 15th, 2007 12:31 pm

its a great achivement for paf.but i feel that woman fighter piolets do not perform well in enemy sky.paf does not allow woman fighter piolets to go in enemy’s sky.they can and they will defend their motherland in own sky.congratulations for sister saira amin.

56. khadija nadimi says:
    October 22nd, 2007 12:31 pm

Exellent work
    I wish to b like u pilots

57. Durre Fatima says:
    November 6th, 2007 3:19 am

U know u are living one of my most pursued teenaged dream…i have no idea if u will ever read this or not…i worte sooooo many crazyyyyy letters when i was 16 at PAF’s Dr. Duad Pota Road’s address and send them my paintings as well. I believed in PAF as the most respectable instituition. I was totally totally crazy about my passion to become a fighter pilot, totally obssesed to do something really good for my country and I thought it was the best way to vent out my aggression. But, something bad happened one morning..that plundered everything I felt about PAF. I was going to college, when read the newspaper while having my breakfast. A PAF plane crashed somewhere in the slums of Karachi killing a whole family …it was an accident, understandable…but the pilot got ejected making others suffer for his or the techinal mistake misery…i know it was not PAF’s fault…probably not the pilots’ too…but i felt bad n shocked…dream had a crash landing too.
    However, I am verrrry happy n proud girls have made it there, and hoep n pray u will win laurels in every step like u did while passing out from the Academy!!!

58. princeses of pakistan says:
    November 11th, 2007 4:37 am

DEAR,
    THE STRONG NATION ,UNDFINEABLE WOMEN,PRESTIOUGEOUS CHARACTER,UNMARKABLEABLE JOURNEY COULD ONLY BE FOUND IF THE PRINCESES LIKE U ACHIVE THE SOWRD OF HONOR IN EVERY FELD OF LIFE. I REALLY REALLY REALLY FEEL PROUD OF U& PRINCESESS LIKE U WHO ARE THE LIGHT OF THE NATION,FRAGRANCE TO THEIR PARENTS,STARS OF SYES….
    YOURS
    PAKISTANI
    ALI IMRAN
    WHO COULD NOT PASS THE ENTRY TEST OF PAF.BUT I KNOW MY PLACE IS IN CIVIL SECTOR BECAUSE PAKISTAN NEED STRONG DERMINED PERSONALITY LIKE YOU PRINCESS OF PAKISTAN.

59. hamidmustafa says:
    November 16th, 2007 1:24 pm

to be a pilot is main thing but to prove a pilot yourself is a major thing i appreciate all the pilots of PAF because there is no one who can dare like these piolts

60. ghulam abbas hazara says:
    November 25th, 2007 11:27 am

asalam u alaikom
    how are you.i hope that you are fine and i would like to say that you are the great woman for pakistani people we need like you woman for iprovement of pakistan thanks.
    yours obediently
    ghulam abbas hazara

61. December 20th, 2007 6:08 am

Dear saira,
    You are not just the proud of Hazara people but the proud of whole nation. I personaly and also from behalve of all Hazara comunity congrate you to reach at such stage that being a women its hard, and also for achiving The coveted Sword of Honour for best all-round performance, we realy proud of you my sister, keep going and do your duty more for our beautiful nation Pakistan.
    Wishing you best of luck.
    Mola madad.

62. Hamid Shafiq says:
    December 30th, 2007 10:12 am

In my point of view, its ok the woman enter in the PAF as pilot but the woman must work at home and care their children and husbend.
    Napolian said, You give me good mother i give you good nation.
    I think we all the time praise the liberty of woman but see the actual situation every where rape cases from USA to Japan . I think its ok modernization and liberal islam but Woman think ownself which thing is important home or office.
    Hamid shafiq

63. Tahir says:
    December 30th, 2007 12:21 pm

Just to keep the record straight, Saira did not receive the Sword of honour but a trophy in Academics. Girls are already making mark in academics still it is an achievement

64. ASMAT ULLAH says:
    January 5th, 2008 3:55 am

hello dear
    kiya haal hai aap ka. mera bhi gd pilot bannai ka shoq hai
    main gd pilot ko bohat bohat ziada passand karta hoo.main aap sai kuch mashwara karna chahta hoon.i want to meet you.

65. January 17th, 2008 2:24 am

proud on you my sister you are not alone whole nation is with you just do not brood any kind of shameness fallow islamic rule thgats what you are for bcause you are defending a country which we get in the name of allah may allah bless you a power,courage,respect,and what ever your good wishes are aamine

66. January 19th, 2008 10:08 am

Hum sab ki duwaan watan-e-aziz per jaan nechawar kernay waloo ke sath hain ALLAH pak hum sab ko haq,such,aur watan aziz ki salamti aur din islam ki sar bulandi ke lia chuan lain. aur jin per ALLAH ki raza ho un ko shahadat naseeb farmain AMIN (sumamin)

67. Mahboob Ali says:
    February 1st, 2008 6:50 am

We all Proud of you ,sister…!!!

Good Lucj forever

68. durrefatima says:
    February 7th, 2008 4:32 pm

People KHUDA KE LIYE needs more projection in the western part of the world, here nobody has heard about it. I urge GEO team and Shoaib Mansoor to do publicity about this beatiful film and let muslims and non-muslims view it in all the cinemas of North America.

69. sadia says:
    February 19th, 2008 4:39 am

she is a true sprit for women.her name is in the history and that whats a girl dream is,to be someone ,to be recognized with respect and honour.there uniforms are super stylish oohhhhhhh yyyyyyyaaaahhhhhh……now they look awesome.Keep working hard and never let your country down.I am proud of all the girls in the Pakistan Air Force.

70. waqas abid says:
    February 23rd, 2008 9:23 pm

nothing else to say but to be proud of our new age woman.

71. sajal says:
    March 5th, 2008 6:02 am

I LOVE Pakistan Army and PAkistan Air Force…..
    i’m young girl of 21, in final semester of M.A English… i would love to join PAF…. my friends and my family members are all well aware of my craze for PAF…. i just don’t know… how to put my feelings in words,,,, really,,,, im GREAT LOVER of PAF……plz plz plz if anyone of my sweet reader can guide me… plz plz kindly tell me in which season/month PAF select girls… plz contact me on sjlkhan@yahoo.com.

72. March 11th, 2008 2:30 am

As an Indian Jet Pilot, it was immense pleasure to see a fellow flyer taking honours in PAF, a very combative force.
    I wish her” many happy landings” and her family all the blessings for allowing their daughter to take this demanding but enjoyable profession.

73. mohammad arif says:
    March 11th, 2008 5:32 am

that is the soucrce of great spirit that may uplead many young ladies to the peak of the nation

74. Waqar Amin says:
    March 24th, 2008 12:37 am

Salute to Saira Amin.

75. NAZIM SHAHBAZ says:
    March 25th, 2008 12:46 pm

Aaslam.I have watched your photos of reciving a SWORD OF HONOUR.I solute you for this.I also want to be a GD PIlOT or join Pakistan Air Force.Kindly do reply me on my E-mail id that how can i apply and can devote my life for my Be-loved country.waiting and hopind for your reply

76. humera says:
    March 28th, 2008 2:25 pm

hi ! first of all i solute u ………..i think u r da lukiest person of the world in my opinion. i also want 2 b GD Pilot but my eye sight was weak unluckily…………

77. Shah says:
    April 2nd, 2008 11:08 pm

Many Many Congrates to Saira Amin.
    You did a wonder ful job. It was my dream and it naver came thue, I do not want to go in details “why”, but again good luck to you and may God be your protector. I have a daughter she is 14 now tell me what I can do to join Air Force. Please contact me on my email if it does not bother you or any one in your family. Here is my email address ” rawal11@hotmail.com
    Allah tumhara hafiz-o-nasir.
    Shah

78. ayesha says:
    April 6th, 2008 2:33 pm

yaaaaaaaaarrrrrr i seriously think saira has done gr888888888 . i hv never been so impreesed by 1 to become his/ her fan bt saira u r the best………. congrats. i really waana b lyk u . plz pray k main bhi air force mein as what so ever serve kr skun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79. KHUSHI ALI says:
    May 10th, 2008 11:33 am

SHE Has done well.Best wishes to her. I LOVE PAKISTAN AIR FORSE.PAKISTAN ZINDA BAD

80. Aamir Siddiqui says:
    May 14th, 2008 4:45 pm

I am really proud of this woman. I am an ex-Risalpurian from 84th. GD(P). I work and live in US for 21 years.

81. TINCO says:
    May 17th, 2008 10:32 am

iiiiiiiiiii llllllllike aarmed forces n wish 2 join it 2 serve the nation best wsh best of luck ssssssssssiiaraaa hpe 2 do bestttttttttttttt

82. Dewana Phir Say says:
    June 11th, 2008 8:22 pm
  83. Athar Ahmed says:
    June 28th, 2008 6:46 am

Dear Sara,

We all Pakistanis are proud of you, You have raised our heads from pride and also proved that if gender discrimination is removed we have lot of potential available in Pakistan. May Almighty Allah give you courage to do the best for Pakistan. May Almighty Allah be with you always. Beyond any doubt you are daughter of Pakistan.

We are also proud to have you in Pakistan Air Force.

Athar Ahmed
    atharahmed_9@hotmail.com

84. Harum Mubarak says:
    August 18th, 2008 2:55 am

Asalamwalukum,
    You r the great women n also a good GD pilot.u got the sword of honour,its a great honor for pakistan as well…thanks for being with our pakistan .May ALLAH protect u from all problems.I also want to became like u n i will try ma best to select in PAF.
    ALLAH HAFIZ

85. fatima malik says:
    September 2nd, 2008 4:20 am

SALAM GUD 2 C SAIRA AS A GDP AN OTHERS FEMALE CADETS IN PAF its realy gud thing

86. Faiz Shah says:
    September 10th, 2008 12:59 pm

For the record, the vocalist for the 1965 war jingle “jang khaid naeen hondi zanaanian di” was Mr Taj Multani. Most people Professor Najam’s age would have been too young to remember.

87. Unaiza Fatima says:
    November 4th, 2008 11:16 am

Women are getting into all-males fields, and men are excelling in all-females fields.
    For example, among the top ten gynaecologists in London, 9 are males.
    Check this link:

It is not just in London, it is just everywhere.
    Even in Pakistan, though there are few male gynaecologists, but there are names whom no woman gynaecologist has ever match, like Dr. Majeed Memon and Dr. Sher Shah of Karachi, and Dr. Rashid Latif of Lahore.
    :-)

88. S A Rizvi says:
    December 22nd, 2008 2:14 am

An interesting note on Taj Multani’s milli song “jang khaid nahein hondi zananian dee” is that during Tashqend Agreement between Gen Ayub and Shasteri it was part of understanding to ban this song on Radio Pakistan beside banning Shakil Ahmed – The famous and emotional News Reader of Radio Pakistan who was narrating war news in his own peculiar “joshila” style. However, he was never banned on the air but the song was …u till the war of 1971 erupted.

Interestingly, its the same ‘prior to war’ feelings in the air …and Taj Multani’s song come to reality once again as “Aj hindian jang thee gul chairein …. ank howay heraan hearanian dee ..

89. aamir ali says:
    January 5th, 2009 4:56 am

I love my PAF. The thundering aircraft still induces me. I tried alot to be a part of it. But unfortunately, I couldn’t make it.

Now, I am a father of 4 daughters. I was very depressed before i came to know that Aviation Cadet Saira Amin attained The Asghar Hussain Trophy for best performance in academics. it really injected a new youth in me. I wish I could raise my daguthers to the same heights. I really thank you for making me young again. May Allah Almighty Bless You. Wish you ever success in future.
    BEST REGARDS
    May Allah Be With You.

90. Rahat ul ain Malik says:
    February 12th, 2009 10:00 am

Salam dear Saira. i m very glad to see u as a Paki girl on such heights. i also wanted to join bt my dady did not allowed me. Ham wo sayah naseeb hain Tariq k Shehr main
    Kholain dukan kafan ki log marna chor dain

91. fani says:
    March 12th, 2009 4:31 pm

practice makes a man perfect we all proud to you

(balti’s) i love PAF

92. SHANI says:
    March 12th, 2009 4:53 pm

SALAM,
    I M REALLY GLAD TO SEE OUR BRIGHT STARS OF PAKISTAN WINNIG AND CHASSING SUCH HEIGHTS OF VALOUR. I M 2…… MUCH GLAD 2U
    AND PRAY TO ALLMIGHTY ALLAH THAT HE SHOULD KEEP U HIS BLESSINGS.
    (GREAT BALTI’S )

93. muhammad sajid says:
    April 14th, 2009 9:00 am

i am praying for u to achieve ur goal in army. i wish to join pak army but my height is not suficient for joining the army.plz pray for me to achieve my any fields.

94. raqib56 says:
    May 4th, 2009 12:29 pm

good show Pakistani women !! we are proud of you !

95. ahsancs says:
    May 5th, 2009 4:44 am

A failed effort to promote the soft image of Pakistan. Dont know which deserving person was deprived of his award just because we have to promote a silly soft thing called a women cadet. Rape has always been used as a weapon in wars. Imagine she getting into enemy hands. NOw that would really expose our soft image.

96. Abdul Salam Asif says:
    May 13th, 2009 10:47 am

Salam,
    Like all others , I was also an airforce dreamer in my teens.
    I congratulate you on your sucess & Salute you for your determination.
    Keep it up!
    You are a beacon of light for others who wants to follow!
    A respectful salute to your parents who gave you this courage!
    Regards

97. June 13th, 2009 11:55 pm

I am prud of such women.
    I solute to saira amin

98. furqan says:
    July 27th, 2009 3:13 pm

i slute saira amin and proud of her i always pray for her

‘ PAKISTAN ZINDABAD”‘

99. September 29th, 2009 2:45 am

According to the think of mine that a lady can not be stands equels with the shoulders of a man…..
    because HAZRAT MUHAMMAD (P.B.U.H) says that a woman could not be make your commondar…
    so Ms Saira Amin don’t be over, as you know there is no lady in Pakistan’s Army which have NISHAAN-E-HAIDAR…….
    Major Mansoor Sindhi..

100. Athar Ahmed says:
    October 8th, 2009 12:32 am

I have same comments as I mentioned earlier in July 2008 and wish brave daughter of Pakistan Saira Amin the best in her career.

Well done and keep it up.

101. IFTIKHAR AHMAD BHATTI says:
    October 16th, 2009 1:04 am

I AM VERY HAPPY.THAT SHE PROVED THAT MUSLIM WOMENS ARE NOT ONLY LADIES ,THEY ARE ALSO GURD OF THIER PLACE OF BIRTH AND PLACE OF ISLAM.I ALSO CONGREGULATED HER PARENTS AND SPECILY HER HUSBAND (IF SHE IS MARRIED )OR EXPECTED.MAY ALLAH RISE HER HONOUR

102. saad says:
    November 13th, 2009 12:42 pm

good work but not good,

103. Syed Amir says:
    January 8th, 2010 2:48 pm

@ Mansoor, Holy prophet never said anything like this, & ofcourse he cant say, as Quran says, Men & woman are equal. Its so sick to read such stupids hediths who conflict the teachings of Quran &

Proud to hv you in Airforce Saira Amin & i encourage other girls to join Navy & Army aswell.

104. Nadia Latif says:
    March 5th, 2010 11:09 am

I envy thee Saira :) Once again your success as a woman reminded us that Pakistan is a land of contradictions.It is home of Mukhtaran Mai and Saira Amin..two women with entirely different backgrounds and life stories but one thing in common and that is enormous courage. Hats off to you.

105. Bahadurkhan says:
    March 12th, 2011 6:10 pm

i”m loving pak airforce since my childhood.
    Pakistan Zindaabad ….