Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/pakistaniat/public_html/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments.bak/paged-comments.php on line 31
Churches of Pakistan: Did you Guess Right? : ALL THINGS PAKISTAN

Churches of Pakistan: Did you Guess Right?

Posted on January 2, 2007
Filed Under >Adil Najam, ATP Quiz, Architecture, Minorities, Religion

The response to our ATP Photo Quiz on the Churches of Pakistan was heartening. Many of the church buildings we featured were guessed right. Some were not. It is time now to reveal the correct answers; at least some will surprise you.

First, however, let me share with you (above) this addition drawing – an engraving from March 1880, published in the Graphic – of the Cathedral in Lahore. I thought this was an impressive drawing of an impressive building and worth adding to our collection of more contemporary photographs featured in our Quiz.

Coming to the fifteen photographs in the ATP Photo-Quiz from last week, here are the correct answers (clicking on any photograph will take you to a larger image and details, where available).

(1) Rawalpindi: St. Joseph’s Hospice; (2) Lahore: St. Anthony’s Church;
(3) Murree: Anglican Church.

(4) Karachi: St. Patrick’s Church; (5) Lahore: Roman Catholic Cathedral;
(6) Karachi: Holy Trinity Cathedral; (7) Karachi: St. Joseph’s Convent Chappel;
(8) Peshawar: St. John’s Church; (9) Rawalpindi: Anglican Church.

(10) Karachi: Methodist Church; (11) Nathiagalli: St. Matthew’s Church;
(12) Khambay (near Lahore): New Apostolic Church; (13) Farooqabad (District Sheikhupura): 7th Day Adventist Church and Seminary;
(14) Wah Cantt.: Full Gospel Church; (15) Hyderabad: St. Phillip’s Church.

24 comments posted

Comment Pages: [3] 2 1 » Show All

1. Maskeenel says:
    December 23rd, 2010 12:41 pm

Never thought Adventist Seminary church was one of the famous churches in Pakistan. How things change with time.

2. November 9th, 2010 4:46 pm

want to write and tell you that I was a Roman Catholic, but it was the book “National Sunday Law” which brought me to God’s truth to make me a Seventh Day Adventist. When my husband’s uncle gave him your book I picke it up and I could not stop until I had finished it. I was shocked when I read it. I had known that Bibles were buned by the priests and popes but I was SHOCKED when I read that they had tried to change the Law of God. I wanted that moment to be faithful to God. Thank you for your book that is true, that opens the eyes of people, who Rome wants to keep in darkness.

Romans 7:7 Law is the knowledge of sin. Daniel 7:25 Men will think to change the Law and time. So God did not change the Sabbath. Read Ezekiel 8:16 to find out how Sun worship started.

3. Watan Aziz says:
    April 3rd, 2010 8:45 pm

Happy Easter!

4. March 15th, 2010 7:33 am

Realy very nice Architecture.

M.Adeel Qureshi,
    Lecturer,
    Art& Architecture,
    Karachi University

5. Imran says:
    January 5th, 2010 6:27 pm

Greetings,

Christians are entitled to believe without feeling intimidated as are Muslims.Naturally a Christian will find error within the comments of someone like Dr Zakir Zaik,similarly Muslim’s have historical disagreements with issues such as the trinity.

There is no compromise on such issues yet we need not hate eachother for as Allah(swt) has said that “there is no compulsion in matters of faith”…..the coming years will decide what the truth is so watch this space because truth shines out from error”.There is no need for one religious community to educate or attempt to supersede another when such information is readily available to all.

Lets also how the same respect to Hinduism,Sikhism and Judaism together with other lesser known beliefs for only then can humankind prosper.

Walaykumu salam warehmatullah….

6. April 8th, 2009 12:36 am

Muslims give respect to all religions of the world.

7. N A Shamoun says:
    May 2nd, 2008 7:29 am

Dear and Respected Ones in Christ,
    greetings in the Great Name of Our Jesus Christ,
    It is an honor to write you this mail. We have launched a website for Christian community in Pakistan to provide them a platform to raise their voice, share their thoughts and views and can talk openly to and for the Christianity. You will be free to talk anything against anything except Christianity. You can show your name e-mail and Phone numbers or you can submit your voice as an anonymous. Kindly note that this website is for Christians and is a non-profit website, dedicated to Christianity and is launched after watching people like Prof. Zakir Naik who are always delivering their sermons against the Christian people around the globe and is specially criticizing the Holy Bible. You can send your articles and make your blogs at our site.
    You can forward your submissions to
    yahowah.yari@gmail.com
    I’ll be waiting for your reply anxiously.
    God bless you and your family.
    Your in His Grip,
    N A Shamoun
    President
    Christian Benevolent Society, Pakistan

8. February 16th, 2008 4:59 am

In response of Mr. Rafay Kashmiri’s comments @ Rev. Gabriel’s Church request.

Dear brother Rafay Kashmiri !

I do respect Islam and I’ve personally studied Islam…. But Islam condemns criticism on other religions. There are a lot of things to criticise but believing on the Torah (The five books of Prophet Moses), Psalms (Zaboor), Scriptures (Sahaif-e-Anbia Sughra and Kubra) and Gospels and Epistles (Anajeel-e-Mubarika & Khatoot), are also a part of an Muslim believe as Islam believes in the last Holy Book Noble Quran (given from Allah Almighty).

Whereas the Gospel of Barnabas concern, Christianity does not accept the Gospel (So I’m unable to talk to clear anything)

Please do believe that religion is a path to live a good life as Allah says that I may forgive you Hakook Allah…but you will be never forgiven if you deny and ignore Hakook ul Ibad. I personally request you that if you’re good Muslim try to keep happy the people live in your surroundings (neighbours) and if you hurt anyone means you’re not acting upon the Prophet’s (PBUH) teaching.

If you kindly remember the time when a lady used to throw garbage on the Holy Prophet (PBUH)… He never criticised….cuz His Blessed Life is a true specimen for muslims Uma. But nowadays we don’t even bother to hurt anyone…through our deeds, through our talking… and through our writing.

I believe that you are a very good Muslim…. and you’re also know to respect others as the Holy Prophet taught you.

Kind regards