Place: Nowshera Virkan, Pakistan
Date: June 26, 2009
Photo Credits: Sheikh Munir Ahmad Azad
24 Comments on “ye kia hai?”
Wow what a great find. Is this tyres on a rickshaw, or a rickshaw on tyres!
Some comments just posted on this picture at the ATP Facebook Page:
- “Yeh Rickshaw parr bara ZULM hai!”
- “yeh rikshaw hai
aur yeh bara ho k truck ban na chahta hai”
- “yeh ek abstract rickshaw haiii ……………. :P”
- “QingQi. Ching Chi Rikshaw”
The thing about this photo that amazes me is how the driver is sitting. You can see some portion of his neck and clothes in the photo. His legs must be reaching the rickshaw’s floor through the tire center.
Is ruckshay mein Zaroorat aur Ijaad kay ilawa dhoondnay per Maa bhi mil jaey gi…
this is a form or sort of Ricksaw; these type of vehicles are used in rular areas of Sheikhupura, Faisalabad, these vehicles have peter engines (peter engines are used for pumping water for agriculture purposes) and gear box of charade 1000 cc car and its maximum speed is more than 100 km/h. it’s ride is quite adventures and dangerous; as in case of accident one will have hand full of broken bones.
Jo slook Pakistan me Gadhe(Donkey) k sath hota hai, wohi slook Ching Chi k sath b hota hai.
Hilarious Comments at ATP Face Book page
“yeh bara ho k truck ban na chahta hai…”
Yeah Wo HAI :)
A rickshaw with big dreams!
More comments on this picture from ATP’s Facebook page:
- “well Ching Chi Truckshaw ………………… :D”
- “THiS iS PAKISTAN MY DEAR ghada ghora sub aik dande se hakete hein lolxxxxxxxxx”
- “yeh pakistani way of utilising place hai……………qingqi rikshaw bhi nahi chora”
- “this is a form or sort of Ricksaw; these type of vehicles are used in rular areas of Sheikhupura, Faisalabad, these vehicles have peter engines (peter engines are used for pumping water for agriculture purposes) and gear box of charade 1000 cc car and its maximum speed is more than 100 km/h. it’s ride is quite adventures and dangerous; as in case of accident one will have hand full of broken bones.”
- “Once upon a time, a tractor fell in love with a chingchi….”
- “It’s nothing else but PAkistan!”
- “Chand Gare”
- “Its a rickshaw !!! =P jo bare hoke tractor bane ga … =P”
- “PUnjabi…. jene maa pue nu staya one Riksha hi chlaya….”
- “its a RICKSHA ON STEROIDS”
- “kam waqt mein ziyada kam”
-”21 centry riksha zamane k andaz badle gaye”
- “ricksha on a fire”
- “This is Mobile Puncture shop”
- “True Pakistan…”
- “LolzzZ……….! This Qingai is loaded by Trackter Tyres….!”
- “six tyres and no hifi engine…”
- “woooooo jiya Pakistan”
- “chand gari”
-”Awesum!!! jai ho Pakistaan ke!! =)”
- “a chingchi rikshaw transporting the tractor tyres……….right???????or not wrong?????…lol”
– “this is tractor tyre .. dont you see :P”
- “ye ek Motor cycle rickshaw hai :P lol”
-”isnt this a mobile tyre shop? or AA has come with alternative means of transport?”
- “peter rikhsha……..deisel engine with chand garhi”
I propose a post (maybe by the wonderful Owais?) on the wacky and creative vehicles of rural Pakistan. I’ve seen some wild ones, and I’m sure there are many I haven’t seen. This type of rickshaw is surely new to me.
Such serviceable sculptures, often (I think) on some kind of tractor base and decorated and colorfully painted, are one of my best memories of Pakistan.
There’s a Flickr page with some good photos, but I don’t recall who took them now.
If such a post makes it to ATP, I promise I won’t grumble anything about how Pakistan needs a road law banning them because they are dangerous :)
Great photo, thanks for it!
Sadar – e – Mumlikat Ki Rozgar Scheme……………….!
Thats a monster truck!:)
I think it’s jsut transporting those huge tires. They don’t seem to be permanent features of the rickshaw.
its a TRUCKSHAW!
Management tells that it is highly efficient vehicle — making maximum utilization of the available resources and space. And, if NASA somehow locates it they may think that this a vehicle to move in all directions on all sorts of uneven surfaces. They may deduce that Pakistan is planning Mars exploration!
dil baRRa hona chaheeaye janab!
It is as a child labor. Look at the tyres which are cambering out. If it keeps on doing this job, ambition of becoming truck will never be accomplished
‘child labor’ :) Best description by far by Farrukh in my opinion.
I say this is the first prototype of the Pathfinder Rover that NASA landed on Mars many years ago….NASA may have scrapped the original design idea but we Pakistanis sure know how to make lemonade out of a anything!!!!
Yes we Can!
This is a tractor upside down.
Yeh to aam hai.
aik hi-roof kay peechhay likha tha “main bari ho kar bus banoon gi” yeah usi silsilay ki doosri gaari lagti hay
“main bara ho kar moster-truck banoonga”
Have Your Say (Bol, magar piyar say)