VIDEO: Hingol National Park & Mud Volcanoes of Balochistan

Posted on September 25, 2007
Filed Under >Owais Mughal, Travel

Owais Mughal

In March 2007 we introduced the Mud Volcanoes of Balochistan. Many photos of that post were taken from the website of 4×4 Off-Roaders Club. I recently had an email conversation with Mr. Hamid Omar , a member of this club, who introduced me to the following Video. It shows the adventures of the club members on their trip to Hingol National Park in Balochistan. This National Park is located along the Makran Coastal Highway (N10). Click on the image below to watch the video.

15 Comments on “VIDEO: Hingol National Park & Mud Volcanoes of Balochistan”

1. September 25th, 2007 8:58 am

Adventure even transfuse from the video. Thanks for sharing it.

For the readers of ATP, we at TPS are proud to let you know that we published an interview of dear Owais Mughal at

2. September 25th, 2007 10:01 am

Owais, I would suspect that Hamid Omar is somehow related to Khalid Omar, who is one of the earliest Paksitani bloggers and a big off-roading enthusiast. I think I saw him in this video too. I recently learnt that blogger TeethMaestro (Awab Alvi); is also an off-raoding enthusaist, I suspect under Khalid’s influence ;-)

I had the pleasure of meeting them both and a number of other Karachi bloggers a few weeks ago on a visit there, and we had an interesting conversation on automobiles and off-roading. As for myself, my offroading happens online. So, all the more thankful for such videos.

(Note: spellings corrected)

3. KO says:
    September 25th, 2007 11:02 am

Adil, yes, Awab is becoming an “offroad enthusiast” too!

4. September 25th, 2007 12:14 pm

A fascinating video. I haven’t one off-roading yet but I could totally see myself doing that. Maybe the next time I am in pakistan I should try to find out where this 4×4 club resides.

5. September 25th, 2007 12:45 pm

Yes Khalid Omar is related to me – he is my son. The web site is his creation and he is the one who does the hard work of managing it. The site is like an album for me – when I am traveling (specially abroad) I can conveniently show the many pictures etc. to people I meet!

The second video ‘Chasing Storms in Thar Desert” will be online on the google video in a day or so – it is also quite interesting so do watch it – it also gives an introduction about the 4×4 Offroaders Club Karachi.

6. zakoota says:
    September 25th, 2007 4:39 pm

I loved every bit of this amazing video and their adventurous tour. I’ll sure contact these guys and will try be a part of their tour whenever i’ll be in Pakistan next time. This is how you should see and explore your country. Amazing and bold effort, keep it up!

7. Daktar says:
    September 26th, 2007 5:57 am

Finally saw this. Riveting and very well done. I wish some TV channel will telecast things like this.

8. September 26th, 2007 12:09 pm

These videos (and many more) will be airing on a local television channel in Pakistan soon. They will be different from the travel documentaries typically shown or made here!

9. Faraz K says:
    September 26th, 2007 7:23 pm

This makes me so jealous. I have always wanted to explore the mountains of Balochistan and the deserts of interior Sindh. I have done so much outdoor stuff in the US, but I have never done anything like this in my own country, mainly because I didn’t think it was logistically possible. Great to see that it is possible!

10. September 27th, 2007 12:55 am

Amazing videoo and very well-made and narrated, since the OffRoaders Pakistan club it themself. This should certainly be shown on a television channel and perhaps the club may want to send this to Discovery Channel so more people can see what all Pakistan has to offer.

On a different note, its sad that the Tourism Ministry does not have any infrastructure for these things, not they are promoting it. They don’t have to run ads on CNN and BBC, if they simply promote these things to locals, i am sure many people from Karachi would like to explore these areas.

11. KO says:
    September 27th, 2007 4:29 am
  12. September 28th, 2007 2:56 pm

Another ‘amazing’ video (60mts) “Chasing Storms in Thar Desert” is now uploaded – search for it on

A third video (20mts) is about the flood relief efforts by the Offroaders Club – “Hingol Flood Relief “. Search for this also on

13. November 20th, 2008 3:27 pm

We have just returned from a 5 day trip to Goran Gatti in Hingol National Park. Please visit to see the latest pictures.

14. February 5th, 2009 3:07 am

The documentary “Adventures in Hingol” will be screening at the KaraFilm Festival on Sunday, February 8, 1pm at the Arts Council in Karachi. It is an hour long and will be followed by a Q&A with the Offroad Club members.

15. ali arslan saleem says:
    July 29th, 2010 4:58 am

i m national athlet of pakistan & completed international peace walk compleeted from karachi press club to pm house islamabad (1500 km) in 27 days whose walk one of the largest walk in the world whose i m completed and i m greduate in commerce & find job
    i have much experience in NGOs and i visit all our the pakistan & meet their NGOS i know all language who spoken in pakistan i m also social person my no is (0092)300 3758015 ; (0092)300 3398331

i m waiting ur rly