Inspiration Pakistan: Hope Lives

Posted on September 22, 2008
Filed Under >Owais Mughal, Photo of the Day, Society

Owais Mughal

In this time of despair when enemies of my beloved country are openly wreaking havoc with the civilized way of living. Where enemies of Pakistan destroyed a Rs 800 million Grid Station and cut Natural Gas supply to whole Swat region within last 24 hours, I found some solace in this photo.

This picture gives me hope.

Hope survives. Hope must survive. Hope must never be allowed to die.

Taken on August 2, 2008 by Akram Ali in Hyderabad, it shows a lady hailing from a temporary housing raising Pakistani flag to celebrate August 14 while her children look on.

One could ask her what was she celebrating? Apparently the luxuries offered by Pakistan to the elite have passed her by BUT she seems full of hope and love for her country. Hope for a prosperous-for-all Pakistan is one thing we should never loose.

She gives me hope. Hope survives. Hope must survive. Hope must never be allowed to die.

28 Comments on “Inspiration Pakistan: Hope Lives”

1. Watan Aziz says:
    September 22nd, 2008 10:59 pm

Pakistan is a dream.

Many nations are an incident of geography or history. Pakistan is an acclamation of a people who demanded and strived for equity and justice.

It has taken longer, been harder and lot tougher. But Pakistanis will get there (and without the help of the corrupt and inept leadership and never mind the ignorant mullahs).

They gave it 90 days to live! Indians did not even set up a border post because they thought it will collapse; why bother?

Dreams never die, they just turns before turning to reality.

Pakistan Zindabad
    Pakistan Paindabad

2. Faraz says:
    September 22nd, 2008 11:00 pm

This is indeed inspiring. It must take a lot of courage and strength to stay hopeful and positive in the face of such adversity and hardship.

3. pakination says:
    September 22nd, 2008 11:33 pm

Great post!!!!!

We are still alive and standing together. Inshallah the enemies will be defeated.

Long Live Pakistan

4. adeel says:
    September 23rd, 2008 12:22 am

This indeed gives me hope. Without hope we’re lost.

5. Asif says:
    September 23rd, 2008 12:57 am

Thank you for such blood warming post. My salute to that lady and such unsung heroes.

6. Aadil says:
    September 23rd, 2008 1:08 am

mauj badhay ya aandhi aaye diya jalaye rakhna hay,
    ghar ki khatir sau dukh jhailain ghar tau aakhir apna hay ..

Amid all that is crumbling we ought not to lose the hem of hope for it is hope which could help us regain our energies to rise from the debris of our broken dreams.

A timely post!

7. asad says:
    September 23rd, 2008 2:14 am

This is my firm believe that a country which came into existence on 27th of Ramadan can never be destroyed by such repeated cowardly acts of terrorism. Today we are shedding tears but Inshallah our good days will come. God Bless Pakistan.

8. faisal says:
    September 23rd, 2008 4:31 am

Look at the history of the great nations. They took a lot of time, blood and sweat to become what the became.

Its my firm believe that our children or may be their children are going to be the people who would look back with pride, and say “worst is long gone.”

Today, we just need to sit tight and keep it together.

9. Bites85 says:
    September 23rd, 2008 8:28 am

Hi Friends,

Recently i wrote an article ‘Google is biased’ on Propakistani.
    Here is the link to my article:
    http://www.propakistani.com/2008/09/17/google-is-biased/ .

In this article i raised the issue to have a Google Happy Eid Doodle for Muslims and Pakistanis.And asked Google to show it on Google Pakistan on the Eid day.

Happily i got a reply from Google Pakistan.They appreciated the proposal.According to some close sources we have made a buzz in Silicone Valley.Google is considering the Doodle for Muslims.

A fellow blogger Dr.Awab a.k.a Teeth Maestro also wrote a similar post.
    Here is its link:
    http://www.teeth.com.pk/blog/2008/09/23/google-doodle-muslims-pakistanis .He also pointed out the same issue.

But it’s not confirmed by Google that we will see the Doodle or not.So what we have to do is this that if you want to see Doodle this Eid and all coming Eid’s,write an article like mine’s urging and asking Google to make a Doodle for Eid.

If only we all bloggers of Pakistan work together can make this a reality.

So please visit my article,leave a comment and write one on your blog too.

But please don’t forget to link and ping back your article to my original article here as i deserve it:

So lets get working,make this a reality and gift this to our nation on this Eid.

Please forward this email and spread the word.

Thanks

Regards

Zeeshan Shafquat a.k.a Bites85
    Islamabad,Pakistan

Contact:
    E: bites85@gmail.com
    M: +92-322-5168949

10. fatpurse says:
    September 23rd, 2008 9:39 am

Unfortunately, like always, I cannot see the image…there is a flag with the message: for missing image, visit pakistaniat.com…which I am already doing. Any help?

11. wasiq says:
    September 23rd, 2008 11:56 am

Thanks Owais! I think we all needed that. For some reason, the destruction of the Islamabad Marriott really hit me in the gut and has made me very worried for Pakistan’s future.

12. farooq says:
    September 23rd, 2008 12:14 pm

Hats off and thumbs up to such self-motivated and inspiring people among our always sacrifying masses of pakistan.
    closer to swat i know what sort of miseries has befallen on our bretherens in our homeland.
    but still we can live with hope as it is a sin to leave hope.

13. Mohit Bhatnagar says:
    September 23rd, 2008 12:48 pm

I stand by the people of Pakistan in these troubled times. Inshallah, the enemies would be defeated and the peace loving people will come out victorious. My sincere heartfelt condolence to the families of those who were killed. May their soul rest in peace! Terrorism is a menace and must be defeated at all costs.

14. Mohit Bhatnagar says:
    September 23rd, 2008 12:53 pm

To Fatpurse:

Try using a different browser like ‘Mozilla Firefox’. Google it and you will find the link to download this. Your IE settings might be preventing you to access the page completely.

“Unfortunately, like always, I cannot see the image

15. someone says:
    September 23rd, 2008 1:17 pm

One hopes that Pakistani awam realize who their real enemies are and our nation becomes free from the imperialist grip and free to reclaim our place in the Islamic comity. One hopes we can fulfil the destiny which our forefathers fought and died for in the formation of our Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

16. Sridhar says:
    September 23rd, 2008 1:28 pm

Owais,

Nice post. In times of despair, there is a need for posts like this, that elevate the spirit. These may be testing times for Pakistan, as they are for Indians too, but we will survive. We have seen worse and come through. People are resilient, and their courage and unwillingness to be terrorized will ultimately defeat the objectives of the terrorists.

17. fs says:
    September 23rd, 2008 2:15 pm

Haven’t posted here in a very, very long time. Glad to see this forum is still thriving.
    Every attack on Pakistan, whether it be from restive local elements or outside forces is the result of disenfranchisement. Our most resource rich province remains undeveloped; the FATA exists because there’s never been a penny of prudent spending in these areas; the rest of the country remains trapped in a quagmire of ethnic disarray and of course there’s a nearly unstoppable feudal complex in the center of it all.

While there is no denying that force will have to be used in the short term to repel these sources of trouble, the long term answer remains to spread democracy and capital throughout the nation. With democracy comes the enfranchisement that makes people accountable for their own block, neighborhood and district. With the proper deployment of capital there will be more property at stake and people will essentially own their piece of Pakistan. That’s the only way it can be defended.
    Times are dangerous, and the stresses on the country at this moment could push Pakistan over the cliff. Let us hope that people wake up and take control of their destinies.

18. AZHAR says:
    September 23rd, 2008 2:20 pm

I don’t understand some of the comments that seem to come simply from low self esteem.

To me, this song is NOT to show the world, it is to tell ourselves adn tell these murdering Taliban terrorists that we are not them, that they do not speak for us, and we are not with them. That is who we are telling and it is important that we tell them this loud and clear. Not only to the Taliban terrorists but also to all their sympathizers here who want to hickjack Pakistan into some theocratic state that it was not meant to be.

19. shagoofy says:
    September 23rd, 2008 4:51 pm

I liked this post. You are right we need hope. Dispite all other things, unsavory ways of handling many problems in pakistan, suffering economy/society, lack of a proper government I can proudly say I LOVE PAKISTAN and I think regaurdless of what has happened and what most likely will happen, each and every single Pakistani carries that hope, and love for Pakistan with them. May Allah help Pakistan through every encounter. If, for whatever reason, we cannot do anything else for our country we should make Dua for it, because that we can all do.

20. September 23rd, 2008 7:34 pm

I was thinking to move; until I saw and read the post. In tears (no words).

21. Arjumand says:
    September 23rd, 2008 9:44 pm

This is really inspirational.

These murderers and terrorists will not be able to kill the spirit of true Pakistanis

22. Akram Paunwar says:
    September 24th, 2008 12:09 pm

Inspirational..!!! To say the least.For the last few years…i was at war within myself…a part telling me that those 30 years i spent…’On Line’..(not on a PC though!!)…in khakis, here and there and everywhere, wherever.. my beloved country required me and my colleaugues to be…was a waste of a lifetime…Another part always nudged me…NO NO NO…Like any true Pakistani, in whatever sphere of life…u did a good job..and Allah will give dividends to my beloved land.
    The despair that hung over me since the last few years, will, i am sure, evaporate slowly….thanks to Akram Ali and the Great Lady in the Picture.
    The Cresent and Star are so dear to all of us…and it was so much more dear a long time back, when we were looking for it on a cold, dusty low visibilty afternoon in 1981 to tell us where Pakistan was, returning from a mission deep in Afghanistan with a Soviet Patrol a mile behind us.
    The ‘Mariott’ Islamabad will rise from its rubble, inshAllah,sending a clear message, that, we, TRUE PAKISTANIS…will never be cowed down….Thanks Hashwani sahib…May your mission be blessed by Allah.
    The lady in the Photo tells me that my grandchildren will walk the streets of the World with their chin up and heads high and proud of being Pakistani’s..For the moment let me convince my highly professional sons, not military (unfortunately), that we are what we are because of Jinnah’s and Allama Iqbal’s…Pakistan. The Bhuttos, the Military, the feudals, the waderas, maliks, chaudhrys and sardars come and go…
    Thanks ‘Akram Ali’

23. Aamir Ali says:
    September 24th, 2008 12:33 pm

Pakistan and its people Paindabad.

To Akram Paunwar :

If you served in Pakistan Armed Forces, you served your country. No doubt the forces have made mistakes, they have also performed necessary and life-saving duties.

Today the armed forces are the only thing standing in the way of the psycho terrorists and the people of Pakistan.

24. Nasir says:
    September 24th, 2008 4:55 pm

Pakistan Paindabad.

25. September 24th, 2008 11:58 pm

It show her love to my country Pakistan.

26. September 25th, 2008 10:53 pm

The hope is you fellow civilian, the hope is me. but my hope is that one day the neglected pathans of our sarhad will be calmed down and will be looked after with education, health, development and self-autonomy, not just in governance but in religion and the elites wont as usual inject their version of life unto them but rather bring out the commonalities for bridge building, im sure even then, these angry souls will be inspired enough to bring us all back to our roots….

27. Adil Marvi says:
    September 26th, 2008 10:38 am

Hope is a good thing, probably the best thing; the problem with our nation is that we have started to depend on it.

Hope, my friends, is ignorance. We were hopeful that Americans won’t ditch us this time that we let them in after 9/11, we’re hopefull that good days will come once again when this nation has only been declining since the past 60 years, we’re hopeful that a country created on the 27th of Ramadan can never be written off (what a farce! don’t you know we already lost half of the country in ’71), we’re hopeful that our nuclear weapons will ensure our existence. It is because of this hope that we’ve never gotten out of our slumber to face the reality. Hope and its cousin Inshallah is our nod of submission when faced with real challenges.

The reason this country survived after 1947 is because ppl did something to run it rather than sit and let hope run us over.

Wake up guys, we’re at war. They will destroy us because the world has accepted that it is ok to eliminate the weak if they can’t stand up for themselves. We lost half of this country in ’71; our enemies are bend upon breaking it into further pieces if we don’t stop living with the idea of ‘hope and Inshallah’

Pakistan Zindabad!

28. Ali Dada says:
    October 4th, 2008 10:52 pm

Let me tell you one thing about Pakistan…

It is the country which refuses to leave you. Once you have been there, even for couple of days, it grows onto you.

All the problems, all the miseries of Pakistan are automatically forgotten when one remembers Pakistan while being away from it.

I am lucky that I am a Pakistani. Only 1 in 200+ chance to be a Pakistani – I really feel that Allah SWT has given me the best gift on this Earth.

Inshallah, despite Pakistan kay haalat, I intend to return to Pakistan once my education is complete. Nothing like contributing to your economy.