Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/pakistaniat/public_html/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments.bak/paged-comments.php on line 31
Bun-Kabab or McDonalds? : ALL THINGS PAKISTAN

Bun-Kabab or McDonalds?

Posted on November 18, 2009
Filed Under >Adil Najam, Food, Society

We have written about the ‘street McDonalds’ stands before and this new picture is also interesting.

Not sure how the corporates from McDonald’s feel about this. Probably not too good. Although, they should realize that they are not likely to be losing any customers to these street-vendors… in fact, they just may be getting free publicity (including on this blog) in the bargain.

But if they were smart, they may also like to get some good ideas from these vendors. I still remember my good ol’ bun-kabab (a.k.a., bund-kabab) – a burger look-alike, but with spicy shaami kebab inside. Frankly, I wil take a bun-kebab any day over a McDonald’s burger. What I woudl prefer even more is a bun-samoosa… or, if I were in a mood to splurge, a bun-samoosa-kebab dripping with spicy goodness.

And that is the idea that the McDonald’s guys in Pakistan should really be taking from these street vendors. Coming soon to a McDonald’s near you, the All New McBunSamoosa.

It could be a big winner!

23 comments posted

Comment Pages: [3] 2 1 » Show All

1. Health Fitness says:
    September 16th, 2010 7:50 am

Nothing beats Bun Kabab….specially with piaz and dhunye wali chutni.

2. abid says:
    August 30th, 2010 8:15 pm

can u open mcdonald in mirpur azad kashmir plz?

3. Farrukh Bokhari says:
    January 11th, 2010 7:26 pm

Traditional bun kabab beats McDonalds hands down any time.
    I think the best bun Kababs I had in Karachi were from Pakistan Chowk and from a particular vendor who use to have thalla in fornt of Bhashani Sweet, Jaffery optician and opposite Fressco at the very end of Shahrah-e-liaquat and the intersection of Mohammed bin Qasim Road and Burns Road (from where bus used to go to M A Jinnah Road leading to Tower)
    As to burger …………………….. i remember burgers at canteen of S M Science college….. they were good but not exceptional .

4. HarOON says:
    November 25th, 2009 3:39 pm

I bet you you will see McBundKabab soon. ATP should demand royalty then!

You should charge them for such great ideas!

5. Razi says:
    November 19th, 2009 11:10 pm

What MacDonalds?

Nothing beats Bun Kabab….specially with piaz and dhunye wali chutni. Best ones I had….there used to be a vendor who used to stand outside National College in Karachi…then there was one near Khayam Cinema in Nursery and third was Yusuf Bhai in Dhoraji

6. cynic says:
    November 19th, 2009 12:03 pm

Wow!! in our student days the biggest treat used to be bun samosa at 10 or 11 AM and bun anda at 6 PM. i would still prefer these two delicacies over almost everything else. of course the bun has to be fresh and anda or samosa has to be piping hot to make it a winner. when you need a slight change in taste there is always the bun which tastes somewhat like a sheer-maal and when eaten with a salty omelette inside, it is something to die for!! in summers a lemon soda with the above completes the package. my my!!

7. ali says:
    November 19th, 2009 10:32 am

Bun Kebob over Mcdonalds! I`ll take two anytime.

Comment Pages: [3] 2 1 » Show All