Jahil Online: Explaining Why Pakistan is Losing!

Posted on January 29, 2010
Filed Under >Naeem Sadiq, Society, TV, Movies & Theatre

Naeem Sadiq

Ex-MNA and fake degree holder Aamer Liaquat Hussain has taken even his own jahalat to new heights when during his ‘Aalim On Line’ show on Geo TV today (January 29, 2010) he revealed the real reasons behind the poor performance of Pakistan’s  cricket team!

According to GEO TV’s resident Jahil Alim the Pakistan team had started to perform poorly because its players are now wearing cricket shoes with green colored soles!

Yes, you heard it right. Its all in the shoes. Or, actually, in the soles!

Hold your astonishment, folks, just for a bit.

As the Jahil Alim explains, green is the  colour of Pakistan and of Islam and this color being rubbed on the ground is a derogatory act. Hence the divine retribution on the Pakistan cricket team!

It is difficult to believe that some one who professes to be a “modern religious scholar,” in this time and age would be allowed to deliver such superstitious sermons on a leading TV channel.  One wonders how Geo TV can tolerate “aalims” of such questionable credentials as they further distract and confuse an already uneducated nation with yet more ignorance.

Importantly, should the TV channels not be concerned that such incorrect, misleading and damaging information is being propagated by them and in their name? Should the channel itself not be held accountable for such jahalat?

82 Comments on “Jahil Online: Explaining Why Pakistan is Losing!”

1. Asma says:
    January 29th, 2010 2:19 pm

How about the poor grounds themselves .. they’ve got green color too … scary ;-)

2. Farrukh says:
    January 29th, 2010 2:21 pm

Scary indeed.

Thank you Mr. Jahil Aalim (love that term)… now I know that I must never walk on grass. After all, walking on green grass tramples the color of Pakistan and Islam!

3. ikhlaque chan says:
    January 29th, 2010 2:32 pm

Jahils like him, beside politician, feudals and our army, is the main force, that keeps our people in the dark ages.

And they do it because they profit a lot on it.

And the profit is to rule (exploit) the masses according to their own wish.

4. Bilal says:
    January 29th, 2010 2:51 pm

thats stupid!
    a video link would have been nice..

5. Somone from the US says:
    January 29th, 2010 3:02 pm

Good one from the modern religious scholar with a little bit of superstitious touch. There was an article in Dawn the other day that Zardari has been sacrificing a black goat everyday since he became president to keep evil things at bay. I wonder if it is also suggested from this Alim.

Anyways, where does it say that green is the color of Islam; or it is just assumed that it is.

6. Musaafir says:
    January 29th, 2010 3:09 pm

This means I can’t walk on the grass either? So, if I take a stroll down a grassy lawn I am committing a sin?

Why do you wonder Naeem? What do you expect from a TV channel like Geo TV? This is an offshoot of a sham of a journalistic empire in Pakistan. They will show anything that sells. Be it snake oil or someone who is a darling of the female Pakistani audience of his show.

At least he has improved a little bit and stopped wearing lipstick, blush-on and mascara on TV.

7. Maria says:
    January 29th, 2010 3:16 pm

oi vey!!! They still let him preach do they?
    and lmao@ Asma. So true. I wonder if next time I wear my green high-heels, I am in danger of falling on my face *despair*

8. Shoaib says:
    January 29th, 2010 3:39 pm

if one has listen to the video he resented that ‘someone’ phoned him said that pakistani team is losing because they are wearing shoes with the green sole……. he also said that this is only the matter of faith and believe and beyond the limits of ones logic.
    this sounds apparently nonsense but there are many people who have the same belief … See Morebecause of the resemblance to green flag or the tomb of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.
    i think it is the matter of ones believe and otherwise it is clearly allowed by the Shari’a

9. Kasim Mahmood says:
    January 29th, 2010 3:42 pm

Though this story really didn’t deserve any blog to begin with, the blog writer could have shown better class in making his point. The title of the blog is derogatory to begin with. Other so called intellectuals are blaming Pakistan’s defeat on the culture of “religion” left behind by Saeed and Inzi. So it’s either lack of religion or too much religion which is causing Pakistan to lose games in Australia, and it’s not really a better Australian team beating Pakistan for a change. What the team is really lacking is “Unity, Faith and Discipline” and the spirit to stand up after taking a punch or two.

10. Aziz says:
    January 29th, 2010 4:16 pm

My neighbor’s dog pooped in my lush green yard. What am I supposed to do? Kill him? Hmm…that sounds very Islamic. Ok, so how do I kill him now. Ummm…maybe I’ll blindfold him and cut his head of and then put the video on YouTube. This will certainly clear up the name of Islam.

Ok…I was being sarcastic. Idiots like him give Islam a bad name.

Now let me tell you a real story that happened to me at a mosque in Karachi. After the namaz, I went to the bathroom. When I stepped out, a jahil aalim was there waiting for me. I am paraphrasing our conversation here.

Jahil Aalim: “Tum kafir ho. Tum nay Islam ka naam kharab kya hai. Tum ko sharam aane chahye itnay baray ho kar is tarha ki harkat kartay ho.

Me: (Baffled) “ What did I do mowlana sahib?

Jahil Aalim: “Tum apni tasbih jaib main karh kar bathroom main gaye. Yeh bay gairti hai, haram hai. Yeah Islam main jaeez nahi.

Me: (Still baffled): “To main kya karta? Tasbih bahir kahan rakhta?”

Jahil Aalim: “Kahin bhi. Bathroom main tasbih lay jana gunah hai”

While I was thinking how to logically reply to this jahil aalim, my younger brother who was standing next to me jumped in and said,

My brother: “Mowlana Sahib, Kya aap kay dil main khuda hai?”

Jahil Aalim: “Haan, AlHamdullilah.”

My brother: Baas theek hai mowlana sahib. Agli martaba aap bathroom main jaeen to apna dil bahir rakh kar jaeen.”

This was a serious conversation but I could not help but chuckle at my brother’s comment. The jahil aalim was ofcourse very upset and now was cursing everybody in my family from my sister to my mother. I don’t want to get into details of what happened after that but no, there was no “haata pai :)”

I do want to prove a point though. Jahil people like this definitely give us a bad name. I wish we our own Kamal Ata Turk who can take care of all these people once and for all.

11. Eidee Man says:
    January 29th, 2010 4:46 pm

With the way the team is performing, I think they should give non-green soles a shot!

12. January 29th, 2010 4:50 pm

Well geo tv already have a handsome portfolio to try making the weird connections. It also have a good reputation of not working at all. I remember the case of ajmal kasab when geo tv came with their unfair version of the story.

In fact if you start connecting the colors with holly stuff, then you are left with no choice for the soul of your shoe, need to tell this to the person.

13. Ali says:
    January 29th, 2010 7:41 pm

Very un-ATP like. Sure its stupid but is it necessary to use pejoratives?

14. Ali says:
    January 29th, 2010 7:41 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha xD :D :O :P

I have’t laughed this hard since who knows when!!! This Aamir guy is totally F A I L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. RM says:
    January 29th, 2010 7:49 pm

And then Amir Liaquat added that it’s a matter of faith and not logic, conveniently ignoring the importance of logic. He is good!

16. Waqas Ishaq says:
    January 29th, 2010 8:37 pm

Thank God he did not blam the blackwater for it

17. Musaddiq Virk says:
    January 29th, 2010 9:50 pm

Quick question? What about Jahil Alims preaching in every second mosque?

18. HM says:
    January 29th, 2010 10:27 pm

I can’t believe he actually said that. The idioticness of his comments aside (where did this strange, superstitious, almost Hinduaana reverence for a COLOR come from?) the real shocker is that he would go as far as to drag “deen” into something as mundane as sports!

19. Mobeen Tejani says:
    January 30th, 2010 12:35 am

If that is the case then why a few months ago we won the T20 worldcup

20. January 30th, 2010 12:54 am

It’s more lame to make an entire post without a video link than throwing up a statement by a person. As somebody suggested ,amir referred some called who believed in that. Talk about wisdom guys!

21. Khurram Farooqui says:
    January 30th, 2010 12:57 am

Mobeen,

That is because T20 games do not last long enough for the gunah to become very big. That is why we do really well in T20′s, lose about half of our one-day games, and lose almost all our test matches.

22. aijaz says:
    January 30th, 2010 1:49 am

here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddYi9ckUSm8

this post but still seems low quality.

23. PAki says:
    January 30th, 2010 2:40 am

It is his opinion … he has the right to point out … no doubt green colour is our national color … one might agree or disagree with him … still u ve no right to criticize n make a full issue out of it …

24. January 30th, 2010 3:02 am

@Paki: These “Religion-makes-me-bored” kind of people always seek some excuse to make fun of the religion. This post greatly helped them to getrid of “mental starvation”
    which they had been suffering for a while. So don’t take them seriously.

25. Ali Adnan says:
    January 30th, 2010 4:16 am

I am very disappointed by seeing such a post on ATP, a blog which has a huge audience and by some is taken as a blog “of” pakistan and pakistani people . Using such degrading words in such a bad way about a person , no matter who , is not right at all.
    The point could have been put forward in good way instead.

26. ShahidnUSA says:
    January 30th, 2010 4:17 am

Sorry I am going to drag India into this because I am making a point.
    After the partition there are “some of us” that braught some crazy customs with them in their dowry.
    Some conveniently combine these customs with the religion, we conveniently call them “mullahs”.

These mullahs are the biggest “drama queens” than I ever will be (cough) have no problem when a pakistani bride wears a red wedding dress as compared to all Arab muslim brides, wear white wedding dressses.
    Hmmm, No wonder divorce rates are up.

27. Truth says:
    January 30th, 2010 4:34 am

Can anyone disprove his belief/claim in a scientific way? Maybe it is divine punishment, who can disprove it?

How are his superstitions different from any religious beliefs held by any person belonging to any religion? None can be proved or disproved.

Religion serves the fundamental human need of finding irrational solace in the face of adversity. Most people are not strong enough in character to realize that no God looks over them in the worst times.

This man is no different from any theist of the world.

28. Inqilaab says:
    January 30th, 2010 6:01 am

This also actually explains why few Muslim nation out of the confines of deserted Arabia has been successful.

We walk on grass, green Islamic holy grass. Certainly, hell awaits us for stepping on anything green.

Oh Lord! Can you forgive me this transgression of daring to walk on the ground?

29. Salman says:
    January 30th, 2010 8:39 am

Sorry, to say about ATP: you just arise a issue which is not the issue!
    U r like a party now, u just put your thoughts on other peoples! In that program many scholers and ulma coming, u make all of them! jahil…..

R u allim or mufti or any scholers degree u have!
    so how u speak them jahil!
    better u should see yourself!
    Shame on U..

30. yousuf says:
    January 30th, 2010 9:53 am

While I condemn the stupid notion of jahil mutlaq “alim”‘, about green colored soles being the cause of our criket team’s poor performances, I take offence on another Jahil named Inquilaab’s uncalled for comments about how few Muslim countries out of confines of Arabia have been succesful.

He should explain what he means success and in what time context to support his ignorant or biased notion.

31. ASAD says:
    January 30th, 2010 10:27 am

Just saw the video. It is even more disturbing and hateful than this. He goes on and on spreading hate at everyone.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, he is clearly saying that green soles in causing Pakistan’s team’s loss. He is very clearly saying and supporting that. In fact, he starts the whole program with there of “sabz” (green) to build to that point.

HERE IS MY QUESTION: Why do all these religious folks lie so much.

He lies about his fake degrees.
    His followers here lie about him not saying this but a caller saying this (see Adnan’s comment here).
    All the time, these religious fundos in Pakistan as well as fundos of other religions elsewhere keep lieing so easily.

What sort of a religion do they follow. The religion of lying!

32. Imtiaz says:
    January 30th, 2010 10:46 am

Asad, after reading your comment I also looked up the video and saw it. I am glad ATP did not put it because it is full of hatred and venom for others. This man is really really dangerous.

Two points:

FIRST, your point about why do all these “true believers” lie so much. Like him and his fake degrees or his supporters here sounding as if he did not say or does not believe in this! Why lie if you hav eteh “truth”, dears?

SECOND, I think the post is right. GEO should be held responsible for spreading this hate. This is too much. This is not responsible. I blame GEO even more than this Jahil.

33. shakeel says:
    January 30th, 2010 10:57 am

Often I ask myself why do people follow such idiots.

This country is full of idiots. In the name of Islam, they have taken the country and its citizens far far away from the real Islam.

Jahil logh – those that follow blindly any polticians and religious idiots.

And of course, there is also jahil media in the country. Great combination.

34. Qausain says:
    January 30th, 2010 11:00 am

Grass is Green .. Ooops .. aaj sey jogging band :-P
    Jasi Qoum wesey Alim :)

35. January 30th, 2010 11:06 am

Simply Idiotic …

36. sheepoo says:
    January 30th, 2010 11:31 am

OK. Someone needs to tell the wider world exactly which part of the video has the remarks being referred to in this blog post. I looked at the link provided by one of the readers but could not find anything.

Just my 2 cents!

37. Mike says:
    January 30th, 2010 11:50 am

Real reasons behind the poor performance:

Pak cricketers recruited by RAW/CIA/MOSSAD are wearing green undergarments.

38. ASAD says:
    January 30th, 2010 11:53 am

For sheepo, here is your proof of how the lying Jahil is and his supporters are lying.

The video is here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddYi9ckUSm8

At minute 2:45 he with the “sabz” green idea, listen for around 10 seconds as he makes this “sabz” case.

Then at minute 3:10 he gets into why we are loosing in cricket. He mentions some anonymous viewer suggesting this to him, but he goes on to defend this idea and makes a big and stupid case ending with actually telling the team (his words, not any viewers) that “don’t do this” (i.e., don’t wear green soles. The point ends around minute 4:45 and the ending is amazing in its own jahalat as he says this is “belief ki baatein” and those who are logical will not understand them. He is right. No one with any logic or uqal can ever understand this jahil.

39. HMD says:
    January 30th, 2010 12:22 pm

Wow. I guess it is time to declare “jihad” on ruminant animals as well. After all they have been converting holy green grass into unholy brown matter !

The defense of this jahalat coming from some of the commenters is amazing. This idiot psuedo-scholar supposedly has the right to say anything, no matter how illogical, but any criticism of him is “making an issue”, “attack on islam”, and unjustified. I wonder if some of us here have been smoking some green weeds :)

40. sheepoo says:
    January 30th, 2010 1:11 pm

Asad,
    Many Thank for making it easy on everyone to find the part where Aamir Liaquat Hussain is defending this stupidity. I still cannot believe how people stop using their heads in blind belief!

Just my 2 cents!

41. anwar shahid says:
    January 30th, 2010 3:02 pm

It is not the Jahil but Geo who needs to be advised to raised its standard and bring it at paar with the programme on Mushatq Yusufi by Mushtaq Yusufi…It is highly rated popular programmer meaning that Geo has the potential to offer popular good quality programmes and she should not go for cheap shows like that of Liaqat Kamran and Msood…..
    She may also think of getting rid of cheap columnist like Nazir Naji from daily Jang…But then there will be hardly a few left to be published now that Irshad Haqani is no more there…

42. Omar Malik says:
    January 30th, 2010 4:19 pm

Hey isn’t this aalim the same guy who had fake degrees?

And wasn’t he an MNA/MPA as well? What a shame!

43. Roohi says:
    January 30th, 2010 6:18 pm

Pakistan Cricket team is losing b/cof bad and corrput management what a load of crap….GEO should stop this programm..Alim on Line
    Or change the name of this programm”jahil online”
    so bad so sad

44. anonymous says:
    January 30th, 2010 6:44 pm

video please? what show it was? when did it air? more details please!!!

45. Rahman says:
    January 30th, 2010 7:17 pm

Thank yo ATP for carrying this. This type fo jahalat is really disgusting and I think it is GEOs fault and they are the ones that we should focus our attention on. By allowing such hatred they are themselves responsible for this jahalat. Directly responsible.

46. Imran says:
    January 30th, 2010 7:47 pm

In country where millions and millions waiting hours and hours just to listen a telephone speech of a runaway so-called brainless leader and even media jang (junk) group giving time to such a ridiculous event.

Jang group proved to be a highly irresponsible media… i am not in anyway a supporter General Mush (Bush) but i was happy when GeoTV was off-air.

Leaders want the Nation remain “Jahil” so they can be respected as leaders can people keep chanting jey bhotto , jey altaf, etc etc -

Here we are 30 years later P(agal).P(eople).P(arty) still promising “Roti, Kapra, makan” and Jahils are waiting to this happen….

It’s not funny, I feel really sad for country I may never go back again but for sure i am not going to change my citizenship ever.

47. Ali Dada says:
    January 30th, 2010 9:09 pm

doesn’t Mohammed Aamer wear shoes with red soles? He also seems to be struggling – is it because he is rubbing colors of India?

48. January 30th, 2010 11:16 pm

@Asad: it seems you were not given Halwa puri on Sunday. No where I said I’m the “follower” of aamir liaquat. Infact I was one of those who put up a video link on my blog in which Amir Liaquat showed off his religious assciation with a sect by cursing Shabis like Ayesha(RA),Omar(RA) and Abu Musa Ashari(RA). So In short ,Amir is not a ‘Taliban’ either yet he showed off his extremism.

I did not want to act like a “Parha Likha Jahil” like many others therefore I watched the video put up by Awab Alvi on his blog and in that video Aamir clearly mentioned that some called told him about it.

It’s good to oppose someone but it does not mean one accuse enemies just for heck of it. There should be some decency in opposition and I think you need a time to reach that point

49. Khurram Farooqui says:
    January 30th, 2010 11:17 pm

Adnan Siddiqui wrote: “These “Religion-makes-me-bored” kind of people always seek some excuse to make fun of the religion.”.

Speaking only for myself, I am not making fun of religion. I am making fun of people who spread hatred and/or ignorance in the name of Islam. They are an insult to Islam.

50. Eidee Man says:
    January 31st, 2010 3:12 am

I think this post has got a bit out of hand. First, by granting this much attention and “debating” this stupidity, we are enabling Mr. Liaquat to perhaps gain even more populairty.

Second, I don’t think he is a stupid person; his shenanigans and the fact that he has a very popular show on probably the most-watched channel prove that he is very good at exploiting sensibilities.

Third, the accusations being hurled at the media and the “jahil” public are quite unfair. Consider Lou Dobbs and Bill O’Reilly; both have degrees from Harvard University, and very few would call people with such academic backgrounds “jahil.” However, both men spew all sorts of nonsensical vitriol, such as suggesting Obama is actually a foreign national, and still command some of the highest viewerships in the business.

Here’s hoping ATP steers clear of this of sensationalism.

51. Muhammad Ehsan Elahi says:
    January 31st, 2010 8:52 am

Salam, this is really ridiculous, main to is aalim k khilaaf boht dinon se hoon, if u dont believe me, just see this aalim’s & his family’s scandal on youtube.

Shame on Amir Liaquat, & please is ko Dr keh kar doctors k name ko badnaam nai karna chahiye.

Ehsan

i have trust in Allah, Do u?

52. Zecchetti says:
    January 31st, 2010 2:55 pm

There is a very good article on Dawn at the moment written by Qalandar Bux Memon called “The Bad Sufi”. It exposes how politicians, landlords and other powerful elite use Islam to teach a corrupted form of sufism in order to enslave the masses.

Read it here: http://tinyurl.com/y9ykp36

I recomment ATP post this here. It is really well researched, and important to know. Here is a brief quote:

“Wealth is created by a pool of landless serfs who toil thousands of acres for their spiritual masters, while seeing their own children starve. These serfs create the wealth that sends the Bhuttos and the Gilanis to universities such as Oxford and Harvard, while their children get “blessings” and threads of “Pirs”. This stream of inequity from generation to generation is based on a lame theological idea, which nonetheless has been promoted by the Mughal Empire, the British Empire, the landlords themselves, and now by the American Empire, and thanks to such patronage has gained far more ground than the Taliban.”

We need the true Islam to be researched and taught.

53. Yaqoob says:
    January 31st, 2010 4:17 pm

I just saw the full video and the rest of the view is even worse as this Jahil spreads hatred against all religions and supports terrorists. ATP did the responsible thing by not putting that whole video up. The question is when will Jang do the responsible thing and kick such people out.

54. Bushra says:
    January 31st, 2010 4:23 pm

I agree with the earlier comment that this guy is not an idiot at all. He knows exactly what he is doing and so do the people at Jang-GEO. They know that hate sells and that jahalat sells. And that is what they are selling.

55. ShahidnUSA says:
    January 31st, 2010 10:27 pm

@ Ms Bushra
    You’ve made a great point. Good job
    In media business, Lust of ratings, makes people do and say lot of crazy stuff all over the world. Pakistan is just a baby in this field.
    Sadness & Madness

56. Ashar says:
    February 1st, 2010 2:52 am

I do not want to say any comment about Dr. Aamer Liquat Hussain, I have not seen the video just read this article. but I think ATP should not include such debates which belongs to any religious person perspective. Because there are thousands of wrong people who are spreading wrong information about islam and people in this forum comes from every walk of life Like me I and my family always watch the AAlim online in Ramadan.

57. Inqilaab says:
    February 1st, 2010 3:02 am

Total agreement with Bushra on the premeditated nature of all the hate speech on Geo / Jang Group / MSM at large.

While Aalim Online is one particular example that crystallizes our religious and nationalistic chauvinism, almost every other show on Geo / AAG is equally full of hate. This is, after all, the same media group that has given airtime to Shahid Masood, Zaid Hamid, and Ahmed Qureshi.

The point being that hating on others is a ratings grab. As a nation we seem to suffer from an inferiority complex, which thanks to the MSM we can now wrap in the garb of fascism.

58. Maliha Aqueel says:
    February 1st, 2010 5:21 am

Totally agree with Bushra and Eidee, these people are not stupid. O’ Reilly has some of the best primetime ratings in the US, just like Aamir Liaquat does in Pakistan. They know exactly what they’re doing – and they’re paid for spreading hatred. But it’s not only because hate sells, it’s also because some ‘organisations/entities’ are funding such activity. There are many entities who are actually helped by instability in Pakistan – such as religious violence, a primitive belief system, lack of awareness and education.

Bushra, hate is not the only thing that sells – love and peace sell too, it’s just the packaging that matters. The Jang Group is so huge because it has secret sources of funding. If other media orgs had such money, they’d better present their views too. Dawn is good – but never reaches the masses.

59. Aamer says:
    February 1st, 2010 6:25 pm

How come Pakistan won the T20 world cup and other tournaments when they played on GREEN GRASS?
    hmmm.

60. USA says:
    February 1st, 2010 8:45 pm

green is the colour of Pakistan and of Islam and this color being rubbed on the ground is a derogatory act……

I hope this was just a joke that was taken out of context cause i am pretty sure he himself does not believe that cause there are a lot of green stuff that we cook and eat and do not get sick even though green is the colour of Pakistan and of Islam,

61. MQ says:
    February 1st, 2010 10:44 pm

On a slightly different note, since when green became the Islamic color? The Prophet has always been described, in Indo-Pak culture at least, as the one in black robes “kali kamli”. In all the battles fought during the early period of Islam, Muslims fought under different colored flags representing different tribes.

The Omayyads chose a solid white flag. The Abbasids’ flag was solid black. Fatimids in Egypt are supposed to have chosen green for their flag. Ottomans chose red flag with a crescent and star.

So, the question is, since when did green become an Islamic color? I am asking this question not to start an argument but to seek information.

62. February 2nd, 2010 1:10 am

OH MY GOD! I can not believe this!! How can anyone go this Jaahil?? :P

I think he’s connecting this with Green colored Dome of Masjid-e-Nabvi because I can’t see anything else that may be the reason for his comment.

Then we should also stop wearing Black colored Shoes because that’s the color of the covering of Khana Kaaba. All students and professionals who are not passing their exams or not getting success in their career, the reason is that they must wear black shoes.. :P

Goddd!!!!

63. February 2nd, 2010 10:50 am

It’s amazing that people are cursing GEO/Jang now. When same GEO was pumped up about so called Women protection bill then every Tom,Dick and Harry was singing praises.

Really,koin deen aur imaan nahin logon ka.

64. Adnan Siddiqi says:
    February 2nd, 2010 10:54 am

@Masti Qaldandar. It was all promoted by so called Sufi Lovers who used to enjoy Chars at different shrines.

Offcourse Barelvis in Pakistan use Green color alot, specially “Tota Group”[Green Turban Guys] wear it alot.

65. MQ says:
    February 2nd, 2010 12:15 pm

@Adnan Siddiqui: Even though your answer is a bit speculative but it does provide a clue worth exploring: Green Color = Green turbans = Brelvi Shrines in Pakistan = Charas = Marijuana plant = Green

66. shakeel says:
    February 2nd, 2010 3:16 pm

Yes, I’d like to know that too – since when green was made the color of Islam?

Not arguing but just curious.

67. Kaneez Fatima says:
    February 3rd, 2010 2:07 am

Those who are blaming Ahlesunnat Wal Jamaat openly should shut up. Yes we love Green Color because we are muslims not like you Deos, Wahabis, Taliban Terrorist.

68. shakeel says:
    February 3rd, 2010 6:01 am

@ Kaneez Fatima

may be you could answer my question? Thanks.

I want to state it again – I dont want any argument and nor do I consider myself as a better Muslim than the rest. But my curiosity is genuine and since you belong to that group, you are best placed to answer.

Thanks

69. shakeel says:
    February 3rd, 2010 6:03 am

BTW, calling anybody Wahabis or people calling themselves that is haraam.

Al Wahab is one of the 99 names of Allah. Enough said.

70. Akif Nizam says:
    February 3rd, 2010 2:33 pm

If you want a peek into the mind of this narcissistic imbecile, you have to look no further than his own website where he posts his profile in third person and refers to himself as “a legend” who is “synonymous with truthfulness and bravery” and a “living example of Iqbal’s Deeda wer (a perceptive or knowledgeable person)” .

He also offers his portraits as “Wallpaper” material !!

71. Shakeel says:
    February 3rd, 2010 4:48 pm

lol

Was not aware of his website – this is a ridiculous profile.

Great to brainwash the brainless though.

72. Obaid says:
    February 4th, 2010 4:11 am
  73. Syed Saquib Saeed says:
    February 4th, 2010 8:22 am

OMG! If this news is true, does this also mean an end to a lovely walk in the park because the grass under our feet is green ?

This guy’s losing it but I’m glad he thinks he can get away with anything. The more stupidity from his side the better. At least a lot of people with blind faith in him would see the real deal.

As far as green being the color of Islam, it was the favorite color of our beloved prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) .

But the green soles topic? This basically proves that lack of common sense, education (fake degrees) and the desire to become a leader ‘by all means’ possible creates ‘extremism’. This guy is going to drown in his own proudness and self centeredness one day when people start hunting him like the dog he is, Inshallah.

74. February 4th, 2010 9:29 am

OMG!! I still cant beleive :o What is the link b/w green and cricket :o

75. Farrukh Bokhari says:
    February 5th, 2010 3:16 pm

Personal or a particular communities’ rancour is crying out loud here!!!!!!!!

76. shuja says:
    February 14th, 2010 10:59 am

aamir liaquat is just doing natak on geo tv….

77. iblees says:
    February 18th, 2010 4:20 am

Next thing you know, such person has gathered his own following — remember what happened with Fazalullah and the Gang in Swat, started with “humorous” fm channels and ended up where? we all know that.

Its Jang Group / Geo responsibility to keep the junk away from public.

78. WK says:
    February 28th, 2010 3:32 pm

though i have rarely followed aalim online neither i am a fan of aamir liaqat, i think this post on ATP seems to focus more on ruthless criticism and some personal vendetta. overall pakistani media needs to be careful; project the overall picture, rather than ‘i love this and i hate that’ sort of articles.

i am not supporting the relation between pakistani teams loss with the shoes. however, these are 2 different context here. if you censure a spiritual thought using logic, it’s may not do justice.

e.g. it is related that hazrat bayazid bistami, a great sufi saint, never ate melon just because the hadith books do not give an account of how prophet ate one. now this does not mean that people stop eating melons. but it simply tells of the personal relations of the saint with the prophet SAW. his ishq of allah’s messenger was at a level that he cannot think of doing a petty thing in a way which prophet did not do for himself.

the person who called aamir liaqat is speaking in a total different tone of spirituality, which should not be confused with reason. it makes me sad how people ridicule others, without any consideration or giving anyone a little benefit of doubt.

aamir liaqat said many good things about islam in this video, which we all see to ignore, just taking shoe sole out of it and everyone taking a bite of it

79. Bin Ismail says:
    March 29th, 2010 3:53 pm

In future, the Pakistani cricket team should wear shoes with white soles. Preferably, the astro turf should also be white. Also, each player should be required to spit on the white astro turf, at least 3 times a match. The white on our national flag represents the non-Muslim/Kafir/Murtadd minorities of Pakistan. By wearing shoes with soles of a colour that stands for non-Muslims, we may be able to draw in heavenly blessings and thus win matches in future.

What will we ever do without enlightened sages like Hazrat Aamir Liaqat and Hazrat Zaid Hamid?

80. May 3rd, 2010 2:39 pm

@ WK:
    I would like to second WK here. This post is being more on the personal side. There are things which are more on aqeedat level than logic.

81. Saba says:
    May 3rd, 2010 2:58 pm

@Salman and WK.

I am sorry, aqeedat is no excuse for idioticy and jahalah. It only makes a mockery of faith.

82. SP says:
    July 18th, 2010 7:36 pm

Jahalath cannot be tolerated at any cost. But what was the spirit in which he said that. I do not know but I don’t think we must read too much into that. Take it easy. Pakistan team is doomed because the best players are always sitting out. A team that has extreme talents of Shoaib Akhtar, Yousuf,Younis, Asif and the like cannot loose. We have extreme talent but we do not have the extremely talented management to handle them. What business did that Nasim Ashraf have not give a central contract to Shoaib Akhtar when all the problem started and we lost the services of the best fast bowler the world has produced. Extreme talent needs extreme brains to handle it.

Found some good articles at this blog, so sharing with you.