Bodybuilding in Pakistan: Masoom Butt’s Records

Posted on May 25, 2007
Filed Under >Adil Najam, Photo of the Day, Society, Sports
Total Views: 194405

I saw this picture of Mr. Hazara on Flickr and it reminded me of bodybuilding.

Body-building used to be a big thing amongst young men of a certain age when I was growing up. At least in parts of central Punjab it was. It seemed to be specially big in small and medium-size towns and body-builders were like local celebrities.

At least they thought they were.

That is what I seemed to remember. In college, I remember a number of colleagues who were into bodybuilding ‘big time.’ As a sports reporter at The Muslim I remember many stories and pictures about bodybuilding and bodybuilders. Indeed, this was one sport where ‘local’ (city, district, etc.) tournaments were always a big thing, as were the provincial and national meets. Sometimes one even heard of Pakistani bodybuilders winning big in international competitions.

And traveling through Pakistan – especially small town Pakistan – one regularly found many posters and large billboards (like the one in the second photograph) celebrating bodybuilders and advertising gyms where you too could ‘craft’ and ‘shape’ your muscles.

Your Ad Here

Gym, by the way, was a place you went to build bodies for spectacular displays and not a place where you went simply to get on a stationary bike to loose a few inches off your waist.

I, unfortunately, was never into any of this. But I did hang out with many wonderful people who were.

Unfortunately, I no longer do. So I am no longer sure what has happened to bodybuilding in Pakistan.

When I was in Pakistan a few weeks ago, and again traveling through small towns in the Punjab, I did see a few signs for bodybuilding gyms. But not as many as I recalled from the ‘old days.’ Maybe its just my memory playing tricks. Or, maybe, Nintendo took the bodybuilders down. I do not know. If you do, let me know please.

Coming back to Boston, I did the one thing I am now good at – I Googled for bodybuilding in Pakistan.

I found at least one site dedicated to bodybuilding in Pakistan. But the pictures on the front page seem not to be of Pakistani bodybuilders. I found (very) short newspaper reports of the Mr. Pakistan bodybuilding contests (here, here, here, etc.). But, then, I also found this news item that seems to be fresh and refreshing.

Pakistan bodybuilder wins five titles in England

A Pakistani bodybuilder has set a new record by winning five titles in England in the competitions organised by the National Amateur Bodybuilding Association (NABA). “Top musclemen from Europe and other countries participated in these events held in various parts of England from April 21 to May 13 this year,” bodybuilder Masoom Butt told reporters during a press conference here Wednesday.

The titles won by Masoom included Mr International, Pro-Am Oscars, Mr Titan Show, Sci-Mentor Pro-AN Classic and Caledonian Pro Am Classic. “No Pakistani has ever won that number of titles before and it is a great honour for me and my country,” he added. Masoom said he won the Mr Asia title at the age of 21 in 1993 in Singapore and in the same year he finished fourth in the World Championship.

He said he gave up bodybuilding in 1995 owing to financial constraints as this sport involved huge finances for diet and preparations. “In 2003 I again started bodybuilding and did training abroad on and off and it was the result of sheer hard work that finally I was able to win a record number of five titles,” he said. Masoom said he was now preparing to compete in Mr Universe competition which would be held later this year in England. 34-year-old Masoom said his ultimate dream was to win the title of Mr Olympia in next three to four years’ time.

I should confess, I have no idea who Mr. Masoom Butt is (although the Punjab Police website lists him proudly as someone who has been with the Punjab Police and been a ‘Mr. Asia.’). Nor do I know just how big, or how important this particular competition or these titles are. But the news report seemed interesting. A little more snooping and I actually found a video from the Mr. Titan competition that Mr. Butt has won:

I am not sure how many of our readers are into this sort of thing. Frankly, I am myself am not much into it; but his body sculpturing seems impressive here.

This post started as a nostalgic comment, but thanks to Google I have gotten more interested in this. What are we doing to promote this sport? I think we should. I remember that it was a healthy ‘obsession’ for those who were serious about it. More positive, I think, than many other alternatives available to our young men. And anything that becomes a healthy source of local pride (without become either arrogance or animosity against others) has to be good.

I plan to keep track of Mr. Masoom Butt. If you hear anything, let me know.

P.S. Both pictures from Flickr.com. Please click on pictures to see details.

87 Comments on “Bodybuilding in Pakistan: Masoom Butt’s Records”

1. Abrar says:
    May 25th, 2007 12:19 pm

I remember a lot of body building gyms when I was growing up in Faisalabad. I dont think there are so many now.

2. May 25th, 2007 2:20 pm

As Adil said Nintendo and internet have played major roles to dristract youngs from healthy activities. Now you can see young boys and girls sitting on computer and surfing internet whole night and wasting their time. That’s why now we are seeing less outdoor activities. I think because computer technology is new to them and it will take while to adjust with this and go back to physical activities.
    You can read my complete thoughts on my blog on this topic at

3. Adnan Siddiqi says:
    May 25th, 2007 2:31 pm

[quote post="711"]Body-building used to be a big thing amongst young men of a certain age when I was growing u[/quote]

And I thought you’re going to share your pictures exhibiting your “machilians”[biceps]? :-)

Anyways,the urdu term for body builder is funny, Tan saaz :D

4. Asim Butt says:
    May 25th, 2007 5:26 pm

hey dude…

its good to see ur comments about Masoom Bhai on ur webpage this is Asim Butt younger bro ov Masoom Butt..hez in lahore these days well lemme knw if u need his photos to be add at ur web.

Thank u for ur comments about him.

s_asimbutt@yahoo.com

5. Indscribe says:
    May 25th, 2007 6:53 pm

Arrey bhaai, is website par Khwaateen bhi tashriif laatii haiN. Yeh na-zeba baat hai ki ek shakhs is tarah zer-jaame meN ‘malbuus’ maujuud nazar aa rahe haiN.
    Kya yeh achchhi baat hai!

6. Zia says:
    May 25th, 2007 7:36 pm

Thanks Adil for putting this up. I so admire these people who prove it against all the odds.Thing sin Pakistan might have been a bit different had we subscribed to these sort of activities.
    Good luck Masoom!

7. ImrAwaR says:
    May 25th, 2007 10:33 pm
  8. Abrar says:
    May 25th, 2007 10:56 pm

Yes, the story of Masoom Butt is inspiring. We must encourage this sport I think.

9. mystic says:
    May 25th, 2007 11:23 pm

I have heard that “butts” (like Mr. Masoom butt) are more into bodybuilding..

Is this true?. Can anyone fron punjab tell?

10. zakoota says:
    May 25th, 2007 11:25 pm

Masoom Butt has a great body and he deserved to win. Before him, I remember there have been some other Pakistanis who have won Mr Asia title, Asim Ahmed is one of them.

11. Adnan Siddiqi says:
    May 26th, 2007 4:32 am

In the 2nd pic, I can read “mr.Pakistan Railyway”. I didn’t know Pak Railway also sponsor Bodybuilding sports.

Can anyone like to share how many sports are shared by orgs like railway,pia,banks etc? I thought only Hockey or Cricket or snooker are sponsored by these orgs.

12. Ahmad R. Shahid says:
    May 27th, 2007 5:53 am

Nostalgia aside, I don’t see anything wrong with the youth doing more computer centric activities. That might even help us improve our economy on modern lines. With more people playing on computer we might be able to build our own computer games industry.

13. Neena says:
    May 27th, 2007 7:26 pm

Adnan,

I know some sponsor Basketball and Swimming too.

14. rana says:
    May 29th, 2007 10:51 pm

salam every one .i m very happy i see my pakistani bodybuilding in England but i requst my brother masoom butt plz make your bodybuilding web side .and any think about bodybuilding .we wait ur web .

15. Adeel says:
    May 30th, 2007 1:49 pm

I think in Pakistan people dont have any interest in bodybuilding but teenagers in other country have lots of interest in it i think ppls should start liftin at homes in pk
    there lots of strong ppls in ppakistan but they dont have the sourses
    i hope the sport grow in pakistan

16. Asim Butt says:
    June 11th, 2007 7:01 am

Masoom butt doing good job and hope u will win the Mr.UNIVERSE tittle soon .

17. usman from islamabad says:
    June 18th, 2007 1:17 am

wish u best of luck for urs muqabla

18. Kamisyed says:
    June 25th, 2007 9:30 am

How about asking permision before using my picture?

19. Asjad says:
    June 28th, 2007 1:43 am

ASlamua Laikum

I’m very happy to know that Masoom butt Bhai have won those titles. i m also a little level bodybuilder and i also want to be a Olympic Champion. Congratulations Masoom Bhai, and i really encouraged to know your story, now i also have more courage to come up for Olympic Title in Bodybuilding.

20. Asjad says:
    June 28th, 2007 1:45 am

and i want to tell you i am from Lahore, Punjab. i’m very Glad ………being a sports man and being a Paksitani. GREat job Masoom Bhai

21. Asjad says:
    June 28th, 2007 1:49 am

ASlamua Laikum

22. Bhai Jaan says:
    July 3rd, 2007 1:40 pm

I must say, that Youtube clip is very impressive. I myself have been back in the gym since May and have been proud of the gains I made. I don’t see a lot of Pakistani or “Desi” guys around here who have impressive bodies, so I thought I might give it a shot.

BTW, I had no idea of the urdu term being “tan saaz” . LOL.

I’ll post some pics if you u guys would like.

Allah hafiz.

23. Imran says:
    July 4th, 2007 5:55 pm

Hey visit our company website we offer all lines of supplements nutrition in lahore pakistan and we have gyms too. So come check us out at. http://www.imtiazfitness.com for more info call Mr Tariq at 0300-9465197 or 7566854

Imran

24. shani says:
    July 7th, 2007 7:55 am

masoom bahi aap aur yahya but ko deakh kar hi mian nay bodybuiding shoro kar di hay aur inshallah aik din mian bhi aap ki tarah apnay molk ka naam roshan karon ga.
    myri dua hay k Allah aap ko syhat day aur aap bodybuliding k liyay kam kartay rahain.

25. Imran says:
    July 8th, 2007 4:41 am

Great body looking great also visit our website too http://www.imtiazfitness.com we supply all bodybuilding supplements we can help you achive your goals and you students as well. keep up the good work Now our company is dedicated to bring popularity to bodybuilding pakistan. Thanks

Imran USA

26. Naeem says:
    July 12th, 2007 6:13 am

I remember Masoom Butt used to exercise at Azam Bajwa’s “World Gym”, a short distance from Lahore UET’s Gate No-6. I used to live in Umer Hall and had just recently started body building at that time. Must be around 1992-93.

Naeem

27. Tony says:
    July 20th, 2007 10:29 am

I was just passing through and i saw you mentioned body building in your post which made me think of my friends body building blog so i thought i would post it.. i hope you dont mind.. check it out if you have time…

Thanks

28. July 20th, 2007 4:43 pm

theres nothing wrong with bodybuilding. everyone has their own opinion as you said computer based activities can help the economy, but bodybuilding can help with our healthy way to solve obesity.

29. Imran says:
    July 26th, 2007 1:33 am

We offer all lines of supplements nutrition in lahore pakistan and we have gyms too. So come check us out at. http://www.imtiazfitness.com We are trying to promote bodybuilding in pakistan. We are also going to Mr Olympia this year where our company would take ronnie and jay cutlers interview about promoting bodybuilding in pakistan. for more info about supplements call Mr Tariq at 0300-9465197 or 7566854

Imran

30. Shehzad ahmad khan says:
    August 6th, 2007 4:24 pm

Plz post some photographs of Pakistani bodybuilders. I am also a bodybuilder with statistics chest 52″ biceps 19″ thies 28″ calf 18″ height 5′ 8″

31. Faisal says:
    September 16th, 2007 5:25 am

salam guys kia hall hay app sab ka kisi ke pas massom butt ki pics ya site ho tu plz share karey thx

32. Abdullah Sarwar(comando) says:
    October 9th, 2007 5:29 pm

Hi bhai log salam alaikum,i am into bodybuilding a lot these days specially although i have started bodybuilding at a very young age ,am 16 and started a year ago ,may be you people have heard of ATIF KHAN mr pakistan one of the huge guys in pakistan these days working out with him ,just want to say that adil you have a great job and massooom butt is all the way the best
    i am from karachi
    pakistan
    get smart gym
    acha bhai log
    ALLAH HAFIZ
    TAKE CARE.

33. abdul qayoom larik says:
    October 26th, 2007 4:22 am

my name is abdul qayoom larik from TANDOJAM HYDERABAD. My personal club in Tandojam, we have not experence instractor, if you dont mind then you give me detail for excersise

34. Asim Butt says:
    November 2nd, 2007 1:34 pm

wel, i would love you pass over pics of Masoom Butt & soon u gonna have his website as wel …still working on that.

Thx for all ur comments guyz!!!

Regards

Asim Butt

35. Imran Ali says:
    November 9th, 2007 12:35 am

yaar u r kmaaal

36. Rafay Kashmiri says:
    November 9th, 2007 3:41 am

Bhaijaan,

“tan saaz” has two meanings

the one who “tunes” something like a melody. The other
    means ” Body maker or builder” can be a truck, lorry,
    tram, ship, F 16 and Pakistani Transport.

BTW can you show us some pictures of Pakistani
    ladies body-builders, ?? hope nobody minds it, when
    we can be proud having ladies Generals in the Army,
    Ladies Fighter Pilots, State Banks Director, Govt.
    spokewoman, etc etc .

37. Rafay Kashmiri says:
    November 9th, 2007 4:32 am

Mystic,

Not necesarily in Body building, but also active in other
    sports, Butts are very old Kashmiri descendants in Punjab.
    My cousin was Mr. Balouchistan in early 70s and a Prof in
    Balouchistan University, I remember even the cats and
    dogs use to run away up on seeing his glips. I was shocked,
    (being a Karachiit) to see his sister starting building up,
    that was the last I saw of them.

38. Aftab says:
    November 29th, 2007 9:02 am

salaam to everyone

Just wanted to congratulate masoom butt once again as the first time it was at the nabba show in the midlands, where my friend Mohammed Amir also competed in the first timers title, he also won and became Mr Midlands first timers and since then he has competed again on the 19th november 2007 which he won again and is know Mr britain first timers he is 27 and inshallah wants to do mr world in 3 yrs time. He is also from Pakistan Gujrawala and me and all his other friends are very proud of him and inshallah Masoom butt and Mohammed Amir will achieve their Goals if you want his pics just email me.

regards
    aftab

39. sajid says:
    December 6th, 2007 1:15 pm

i am 19 years old & my height is 5 “4″ .i am very fond of body building.i am also taking exercise but i need a instructor for better result.can you send the complete detail(how build up chest ,arms etc) for getting a good muscular body.
    THANX.

40. December 13th, 2007 11:58 pm

I AM PROUD OF U BECOZ U ARE PAKISTANI PROUD TO BE A PAKISTAN I WANT UR PIC

41. Faisal says:
    December 17th, 2007 2:26 pm

hi dear friends i love to see bodybuilders from pakistan and i am also a bodybuilder but not professional in first line its my pesonal page my profile pics vids body stats and friens its a good website for progress also forum is there and all paki bodybuilder must show them selfs Faisal.

Pakistan zindabad ..

42. Jeech says:
    December 22nd, 2007 6:05 pm

I’ve been in bodybuilding for more than 15 years. I’m 33 and live in Faisalabad. It’s true that this sport is more poppular in centeral punjab than any other part of Pakistan. There are still many gymnaziums at their services and my favourite been Lala Power gym, Model Town. Most people keep this sort of sport just to groom their normal bodyshape and what that’s true is that a few people would go to put their muscles into contest; the reason is certainly, the lack of courage and support.

43. Moeen Zahoor Butt says:
    January 14th, 2008 3:13 am

A_O_A

I am moeen Butt , my three ist cousions , were also body builders and its our family game , Mr.Shahid Butt , third position in Mr.Asia , Mr. Taseer Butt Mr.Pakistan , Mr.Iftikhar Butt , he is the ist person from Pakistan who wins the juinor Mr.Asia’s title for pakistan .

If someone have the pics of Masoom Butt , please send me at my e-mail address , i will be thankful .

My e-mail add is ( moeen.butt @gmail.com )

regards

Moeen Butt

44. Asim Butt says:
    January 19th, 2008 6:33 pm

well, thx alot once again for all ur appriciation hez getting all ur comments but not able to reply one by one so all from his side is watever u wanna do it with passion and concentration that how you gonna make the differnce. i would forward you the pix ov Masoom Butt to ur email.

Best Regards

Asim Butt

45. Muhammad Usman Batt says:
    January 21st, 2008 1:53 pm

I think I have seen the pictures of Masoom Batt somewhere on posters back in gujranwala. But I do not remember when. But certainly I have heard his name when I was also interested in body building in my city gujranwala. We Batts of gujranwala are naturally good in power sports. My younger brother is also very good body builder.

I hate the spelling Butt(because it has very bad meaning in contemparty english) so I always spell it like Batt.

46. ansoo says:
    February 25th, 2008 2:00 am

slam h r u? me sure u will be fine that it rong way to take coments plzzz give there pic of masoum but than comnts

47. Razi Hyder says:
    March 26th, 2008 6:01 pm

@ usman batt ” Butt by another name…”

48. SHANII says:
    April 24th, 2008 1:05 pm

ASSALAM U ALAIKUM,
    (DO OR DIE),
    ITS NOT MY FAVOURITE MOVIE, BCOZ ITS MY POLICY.
    IF U R INTRUSTED IN BODYBUILDING SO U CAN BE A FAMOUS BUILDER IN UR COUNTRY
    PLZ DONT USE ANY SUPLIMENT, BCOZ IT MAY CAUSE A LOT OF EFFECTS WHEN U WILL REACH ON ABOVE 50,
    (BELIEVE IT OR NOT)
    MANO YA NA MANO,
    IT DEPENDS ON URSELF,
    SHANI RANA HERE, FROM KARACHI
    ALLAH HAFIZ

49. ali says:
    May 12th, 2008 8:42 am

hello i am new and i want to join body buildig but i dont know any thing about bodybuilding can any body give me the address of best gym in karachi jha per choach achi tarah sa train karta ho plz

50. Mustafa says:
    May 26th, 2008 2:50 am

Hi ! I m from Karachi ! I would like to say that if you want a to see a real big huge bodybuilder ! You must have too see Atif Khan ! His titles are sindh bodybuilding champion, & currently Mr. Pakistan ! & if you want to bacame like him then join
    Chains of Get Smart Gyms
    Coach & Owner: Mr. Sohail Anwar
    (Sindh BodyBiulding Federation Chairman)
    Cont no: 021-6002743
    0300-3349848
    0321-3877849
    “Five Branches in Karachi”
    (Ladies & Gents Both)

51. August 18th, 2008 8:10 am

Hello Dear And Salam To My All Bodybuilder And All Sports Man!!!!!!

I m Here to tell that i join the Club 8 months before

i Work very Hard

And i make A Good Tryceps Biceps Shoulder and Dorcy

But i Cant make Chests

May Chests par bahoot koshish kar raha hooo magar ban nahee raha

May koi Drugs b use nahee karta phir b yai hall hay

aur na hi koi powder use karta hooo

so Any one There who Tell me. or Train me that how would i make my chest beautiful

52. Munair Ahmad says:
    September 14th, 2008 4:23 pm

Hello Dear And Salam To My All Bodybuilder
    ma bohath arsey say work out ker reha ho laken mera Abs nahy ban reha hay ass kay kya waja hay

ager koe best work out hou Abs ka bery ma tho plzzzzzz

mujay inform ker daya jaye

our Abs ko bernay say kes terha roka jasektha hay

W Salam

53. September 15th, 2008 10:20 am

Assalam-o-alaikum friends,

You all guys are looking for Masoom Butt who won the title of Mr. Asia only once but I am amazed to see that entire Pakistan has forgotton the legendary Yahya Butt who won the title of Mr. Asia three times and also won the title of Mr. Pakistan Olympia five times. In fact, Mr. Yahya Butt is the real legend of Bodybuilding field.

I have recently interviewed him and have uploaded all interview and all his photographs (bodybuilding posing and international contests) on the following webpage:

You all guys can read his interview and can see his photo gallery on above mentioned website.

Also don’t forget to give your comments about Mr. Yahya Butt.

Regards,

Farhan Butt

54. Crest Hill says:
    September 16th, 2008 11:02 am

This caught my attention; when this male beauty contest is allowed in Pakistan and no one including mullahs have any objection, then why we don’t have female beauty contest? Isn’t there something called ‘SITER’, and it is for both men and women. I know it is different for men than what it is for women, but definitely, it is not an underwear for men, and a black ninja suit for women!

55. Zeeshan says:
    February 12th, 2009 1:27 pm

Main ne do gym join kiyay hain aur taqreebun 1 month ho chuka he magar mujhay koi farq nahin para meri age 35 years he please mujhay aik achay instructor ki zaroorat he jo mujhay aik sahi tareeqay se guide kar sake please meri help karain

56. Ali hyder says:
    March 3rd, 2009 1:51 am

Mr farhan
    yahya butt never won Mr asia.he actually got ban because of anabolic steroid use and they took his medal back.i dont know why he kept calling himself Mr asia.
    he also got ban from pakistan bodybuilding fedration because of selling fake steroids to young kids.
    Masoom butt is the real hero of pakistan.specially here in england where he won all top white boys and make us proud.
    i am an old school bodybuilder i can tell that Masoom will be on Mr olympia stage one day and made whole country proud.

57. aliqazi says:
    March 8th, 2009 9:27 am

salam .
    i am ali qazi from lahore.My size is normaly good but not very good musler.Can u tell me what i use.I am very greatful to you for that.Reply soon becous my bodybuilding compition is very soon.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i will waite ur ans.

58. shafiq says:
    March 9th, 2009 1:06 am

Hi salam to all , i am shafiq from pakistan am fond of collecting the pix and info about bodybuilding.. also i love to takin exz…. muwhhh http://www.mirpurbodybuilders.com or http://www.bodubuilderspakistan.com

59. Qausain says:
    March 21st, 2009 11:52 am

Mash’Allah … zabardast body hay Masoom Butt ki

60. March 23rd, 2009 2:06 am

In Pakistan there is a lot of talent.
    In this topic I’m talking about Food Supplement.
    I think we should never use any type of food supplement, coz natural body takes some time to build but through food supplement you can gain or loss ur weight in 2 to 3 months. But it had a lot of side effects like ur haris began to fall, eye sight week muscles over streched. But in other hand if u use natural food like milk shake, milk, butter, yougert, ice cream etc then it means that u r physically and mindly going to be perfect.
    I like Holly wood hero Van Dam’s saying that ” I never believed in food supplement body building the correct thing is that u should build it without and supplement and I have build it. And I got real body free of supplements”.
    So brothers be careful, and build ur body without any supplement which is reliable for ur time age.
    Here I want to share a table for u of food:
    Daily take a milk shake jug, butter with bread, half litre milk, a cup of ice cream and half kg yougert. Then watch out after 3 months, u ll feel that u r going to be brilliant.

61. Bilal says:
    May 8th, 2009 6:38 am

MashaAllah Pakistan mein talent ke koi qami nai..Masoom bhai is surely an example…but as in any other sport the lack of interst from the govt is letting this talent go a waste..

62. UMAR BUTT says:
    June 3rd, 2009 8:54 am

ASALM O ALAIKUM,
    Mera Naam UMAR BUTT Hai,aur mughe bodybuilding karney ka aur competition karney ka janoon ki had tak lagao hai. mahangai kai is dor main 90% bodybuilders diet effort nai kar saktay gym ki fee 500 se onword chalti jati hai. meri PAKISTAN Bodybuilding Association se request hai kai all pakistani jyms mai 100Rs per month fee kar di jay takai zayada telent samnay aay. plz iss baat per zaroor nazar daliya ga. kyun kai is ki wajha se bohot se bodybuilders gunah se bache rahain gay. Thanx & Salut for PAKISTAN Bodybuilding Association & All My Pakistani Body builders.
    Regards UMAR BUTT. 0302-8456783

63. June 29th, 2009 9:33 am

PLEASE PLEASE IS MEASGE KO ZAROOR PARHYE GA…
    slam alikum mujhe body building ka junoon ki had se bhi zyada shook hai becouse is ki wajha se mujh main koi buri aadat nhi hai main gap de ker bodybuildin karta hon or jab bhi mari build achi hone lagti hai to main bimaar hojata ho is dfa bhi 4 month ka gap hogya hai or ab main doobara start karne wala ho please please mujhe btain k ab main kya sregdy rakhon k main bimaar na hone paon or mere saath size gane karne ka bhi masla rha hai.mujhe please btadai main zindgi bher aap logon ko duaain don ga k allha aap ko her more pe kaamyabi de aamin ……

64. aftab says:
    July 2nd, 2009 6:15 am

hello friend,I would like to say all bodybuilders that if u wana make good body than take a part in wrestling(kushti) because kushti is best exercise
    you can practice in akhara near mazar quaidazam back side of cricket ground. Rafiq pehelwan ka akhara.
    phone 0344-3159380
    please join and mak hard and strong body.

Mr.Rafiq

65. July 14th, 2009 7:49 am

What about female bodybuilding?

66. arhan says:
    July 16th, 2009 12:53 am

please tell me about wrestling training institutes in karachi

67. rafiq says:
    July 21st, 2009 4:31 am

please join kushti institute at numaish, rafiq pehelwa 0344 3159380

68. Rehan Butt says:
    September 20th, 2009 6:08 pm

i know Masoom Butt. he own’s a gym in Walled city Lahore.
    he is always their & has all his winning picture all over his gym’s walls.

i live in Walled City also.
    i actually though it might fake because no paki will win such competition. But when i saw this vid then such paki should win.

I more odd point i have noticed & seen all my life.
    People in Pakistan with last name BUTT are mostly into BodyBuilding professionally, this is Odd & strange Fact.

1 more fact is BUTT eat alot & are always hungry!!!!

69. Nabil Ahmed says:
    October 8th, 2009 7:29 am

Pakistani Bodybuilders are also good but their size is not as great as that of westerns bodybuilders. I think they now need to focus on increasing their muscles size instead of cutting without using medicines.
    Another difference between western bodybuilders and Pakistani is they focus also on their shoulders as well as on abdoman cuts but the local bodybuilers do not seem to ever work on this area.
    I also think that government and media should help the upcomming bodybuilders giving them free membership of clubs and showing their competitions on tv and these competition should also be attended by prominent figures of our country.

70. Kamran Khan says:
    October 8th, 2009 7:37 am

I agree with Nabil, the standard muscle size of the western/standard bodybuilders are : 21” Biceps , 58” chest etc. but normally paksitani and indian bodybuilders seem to be far behind these standards.

One reason for this maybe the hazardious medicines they eat to come in this shape.

Best of luck !! Pakis !!

71. December 7th, 2009 6:19 am

who is the pakistani champion of body bilding in pakistan?

72. Nadeem Omar says:
    December 13th, 2009 4:59 am

One thing that ought to be done is documentation of wrestling match posters that are still to be found in some of these Akaras in walled city Lahore. Otherwise there wont be much left of the history of this royal art. I think Rafiq phalwan @ 0344 3159380 would know more.

73. Yes says:
    March 10th, 2010 5:20 pm

This is so sad, they need to get a life. BB is so sad and shallow and someone should tell them they look revolting. In a muslim country, how can standing naked be justified?

There are so many more wholesome things Pakistanis should be proud of but we want to forget those and try and emulate the west.

Can these people stop and think for themselves rather than looking for the west to give direction to their meaningless lives?

74. Swabi says:
    April 23rd, 2010 9:31 pm

Thanks Adil, I didn’t know till now that Pakistan has a great bodybuilder like Masoom. He is very impressive in the video.

75. sam says:
    May 15th, 2010 12:16 am

Above all, I like the body builder’s name.

Most delicious !

76. June 16th, 2010 1:41 pm

Great post! yesterday i found another great video post about body building. Here is the linkbodybuildingtips

77. Adam P. says:
    October 5th, 2010 11:28 pm

Hello,

I was inquiring about advertising on your website, pakistaniat.com I am

really interested in promoting my client’s Internet

Search related website.

Please send me an email at your earliest convenience to

discuss rates and advertising options for your website.

Adam P.
    Adam@businessadbuyers.com

78. Quran Online says:
    November 5th, 2010 12:50 am

Well it very unfortunate i pakistan that this game is not taken serious..its taken as fashion or for timepass..well i know many people who get fame per not on national level….Masoom butt is a great bodybuilder per govt never finance him for any work…

79. Sidra says:
    November 17th, 2010 11:38 pm

This type of bodybuilding is generally an indulgent, self-absorbed type of pursuit. I am not a fan of the emphasis on the body’s shape rather than function. I’d rather see more promotion of sports like tennis, soccer, etc.

80. ADNAN says:
    December 18th, 2010 1:36 pm

the best website for body builders and bodyshapers is http://www.pakbodybuilding.com

81. April 14th, 2011 8:56 am

i am 28 age male bodybuilder pakistan lahore student of B.A

82. June 16th, 2011 6:56 am

what a man yar he is too cool love him and the way he makes his body

83. July 24th, 2011 4:33 pm

Masoom butt is married with my sister, he live in ireland, with many facilities.

84. shahbaz says:
    September 6th, 2011 10:57 am

i like game
    my age 20 mea pakistan ki lea kuch karna chata hon
    i am bulder from bure wala 03007124499
    i love pakistan

85. Turk Raja says:
    September 24th, 2011 2:40 am

I love very much !!!!
    But marey pas is filed k leay itney fisilites nhe hai.
    Main all over the world main apney pak wathan
    Ka nam roshan krna cahta hon.
    If any body can help me about this so plzzzzzzz
    Contect me on my cell phone em waiting for him
    RAJA IMTIAZ KHAN TURK …
    03128073540 or my email addres
    rajaimtiaz63@yahoo.com thanks for all….!

86. cool bacha says:
    September 29th, 2011 7:26 pm

nice yar me too a bodybuilder

87. aman iqbal says:
    November 11th, 2011 10:52 am

nice page this is . i likes very much carry on