Made in Pakistan

Posted on June 6, 2008
Filed Under >Owais Mughal, Economy & Development, Pakistanis Abroad

Owais Mughal

Made in PakistanLiving outside Pakistan, any subtle or obvious reference to Pakistan, naturally catches our attention and make us feel proud.

In US at least I’ve noticed that if you go to any large retail place, you are guaranteed to see at least two items related to Pakistan. One is a made in Pakistan ‘soccer ball’ and other are the music CDs of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Occasionally one also comes across textile items from Pakistan.

Recently I’ve also seen books related to Benazir Bhutto seMade in Pakistanlling in front shelves of book stores across US, Canada and China. I am sure same is the case in many other countries too.

Tonight I was walking with my family in a large retail store in rural Missouri when we came across this whole section of towels which were made in Pakistan (see both photos). I was happily surprised and bought one.

What items have you seen with ‘Made in Pakistan’ label?

38 comments posted

Comment Pages: [5] 4 3 2 1 » Show All

1. noman says:
    June 22nd, 2014 3:10 pm

i can only says i love this website

2. Haris says:
    December 24th, 2012 9:02 pm

Adbullah i really appreciate your thinking and your , this is what we are lacking, a dare to spend little more for our country and thats take us to lower level. bravo dear bravo. thats the spirit we need. Even living in Pakistan our damn govt going to give india MFN i have banned any article made in india. totally ban. because now a days war is not by arms its by economy and thats what we are losing.

3. ahmad says:
    September 26th, 2011 4:49 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
    my name is ahmad zahid. i m living in UAE Dubai right now, from many days before i was thinking that what business should i started in UAE but never know any one. today when i was sitting a thing about chines people then i come to know the business is my beloved country “Pakistan” n the should be “Made In Pakistan” i want to promote my country in international market by supply the original made’s of Pakistan i can remove the distance between our national people living out in UAE by my business so that i can develop my countries name as much as i can please help me n support me in this good will n guide me further in this way that any wholesaler in Pakistan who actually made 100% Pakistani products can contact me at 00971552669007 or e-mail me at: ahmadzahid32@gmail.com
    we should make our country proud n we should stand with our country n we will successful INSHALLAH.

thanks & Regards,
    Ahmad Zahid
    Pakistani

4. m.karim says:
    May 31st, 2011 7:19 pm

Masha’Allah! this is a very good service to take any kind of informations about our great country (Pakistan).

5. February 25th, 2011 12:34 pm

I have a hooded jacket: RH# 110237 vendor code; TRA

That looks like it could have been made by the DEVIL him self. With skulls, symbols, and lettering that looks satanic.
    I intend to burn it, like the people that make such things, should burn in HELL!
    Be intentional & respectful. What seeds are you planting in our children heads?
    Your days are numbered. So choose carefully how you spend them to make a dollar!

6. April 25th, 2010 2:40 pm

I appreciate ur concern and nice words. I live in USA and I know what u r talking about. Here in USA, few years ago there were mostly Pakistani food items but indian food items have taken everything over. u go to any grocery store and you will find all the Desi food items from india. I get so mad and sad. Even things that Pakistan also send to usa, like laal mirch, kaali mirch, jaam jelly etc, indian products are cheaper than pakistan. The only thing that people still buy from Pakistan is shan masala, taza rooti etc. When my parents buy indian products b/c they are cheaper than pakistani, I get so mad and wish I just buy pakistani stuff, I don’t care about money, it is not a big difference of course but what can I do if Pakistani manufacturer don’t care themselves. I e-mailed at least 10 companies in pakistan that send their products to usa and told them what is happening, you will loose all ur business if you don’t try to compete with india. And u know what, onlye Taza replied to my e-mail. shaan, rafhan, lazizah, ahmed, hamdard, leverbrothers pakistan, I e-mailed even more than these and I got only one response. The problem with Pakistanis is that they don’t care about their country, everybody is so jelous from each other that they don’t care if their jeolesy will have negative effect on their country. It looks like just the person in charge, just the owner of a company cares about the company b/c its his company but ppl under him just work for their part of the money and don’t care about the future of the company and country even though that matters to them. We don’t want to see beyond our sight. Here in America, the branches of Pakistani companies don’t try to do anything. Looks like they just have a branch here in usa, get money from Pakistan and that’s it. They don’t want to promote nothing.

Comment Pages: [5] 4 3 2 1 » Show All