Telephone Complaint: Lahori Style

Posted on November 26, 2008
Filed Under >Owais Mughal, Economy & Development, Photo of the Day

Owais Mughal

Here is how you complain about your telephone not working, Lahori style!

The banner in the picture reads:

We have been trying to get out PTCL number 042-6371795 fixed for the last six weeks, but without any success!

It is not clear whether putting up a banner to register your telephone complaint worked or not. But one can only imagine how desperate this person had to be that he resorted such extreme measures of spending money on the printing of this banner and then hoisting it on a busy city road. Or, maybe, he is just trying to make light of what has to be a really frustrating situation. As they say, “Lahore, Lahore hai!”

Photo Credits: Rana Imran for Associated Press of Pakistan; photo taken in Lahore on October 29, 2008.

24 Comments on “Telephone Complaint: Lahori Style”

1. ASAD says:
    November 26th, 2008 11:23 pm

Real Lahori style would have added a few choice words. This seems more makhol than real.

2. Raju says:
    November 26th, 2008 11:29 pm

hahah very true lahoori style but shame for Ptcl.

Pakistan tank to export

3. November 27th, 2008 1:31 am

I think I would call it the Amreeki style as over here (in the U.S.) you can get whatever exposure you want to get your word out there.

4. Asma says:
    November 27th, 2008 2:32 am

Professional messaging note :)

Good catch!

5. Junaid says:
    November 27th, 2008 3:59 am

You are super man guys.
    i admire this guy atleast he didnt kept quiet and did what he can…
    waqaey Lahori sstyle.

6. Yawar says:
    November 27th, 2008 9:06 am

Will be interesting to find out if his number did get fixed eventually?

7. samina says:
    November 27th, 2008 10:54 am

might just see somethign liek in karachi but maybe on a rickshaw or a bus…:)
    Lahore lahore hai!

8. Qadir says:
    November 27th, 2008 11:53 am

Very nice picture. I had thought that PTCL would improve after privatization but it has obviously not.

9. Shiraz says:
    November 27th, 2008 1:08 pm

Got these from PTCL.com.pk website.

jahangir.khan@ptcl.net.pk
    salman.khan@ptcl.net.pk
    Basharat.qureshi@ptcl.net.pk
    Nadeem.ahmad@ptcl.net.pk
    amna.tariq@ptcl.net.pk

I sent messages to these addresses. please do same

—–
    Subject: Could you please check the status of telephone no: 042-6371795?

Assalamo-Alaikum Jehangir, Salman, Basharat, Nadeem Sahib and Amna Sahiba,

Refer to news at http://pakistaniat.com/2008/11/26/registering-telephone-complaint/

Could you please check the status of telephone no: 042-6371795 . Owner is trying to get it fixed for the last six weeks, but without any success!

Just help this person please :-)

You must give him credit that he has enacted this banner to get your attention.

We will appreciate your help .

Thanks,
    Shiraz
    a concerned Pakistani
    —-

10. Indscribe says:
    November 27th, 2008 4:06 pm

It feels great to see Urdu banners in your country. Heartening as Urdu has almost disappeared from public places in India.

11. adeel says:
    November 27th, 2008 4:09 pm

Neat idea, Shiraz!

I just sent the emails… hope it helps the guy.

12. Shiraz says:
    November 27th, 2008 4:29 pm

Adeel,

thanks…I will send them another email.. hey guys and gals..
    comeon help this guy please..

and I will send you a Mitahee Ka Daba from Tahoora in Devon Ave in Chicago, IL-USA..

I also asked my Alumni and ask them to look into this..

Once it is fixed, I will ask owner of this # to put up another banner stating “Thank you PTCL” :-)

shiraz

13. Babar says:
    November 27th, 2008 11:20 pm

I saw this in the paper when I was in Lahore last month and it was posted here as well.

14. ayesha says:
    November 27th, 2008 11:36 pm

yaar the conditions are same everywhere even in karachi. i am paying an extra rs 2000 for the past 3months and there is no correction

15. Younis says:
    November 27th, 2008 11:59 pm

Very nice find. These pictures really make Pakistaniat.com a special place and reminds us of what REAL PAKISTAN is thinking about.

16. Taimur says:
    November 28th, 2008 12:12 am

I also hope that he got it fixed by now. Anyone from PTCL listening?

17. Mahrukh Abbasi says:
    November 28th, 2008 1:03 am

I love it! this is a way to give them a wake up call! (lol..PTCL wake up call..get it?)
    anyway, i can imagine the frustration…uff, Allah khair karay, Insha Allah!

18. adeel says:
    November 28th, 2008 8:02 am

As noted earlier, I forwarded the text Shiraz suggested to the four addresses listed in his comment.

I just checked my mailbox after returning from work and found this to my pleasant suprize…

Dear Customer,
    We are pleased to inform you that your complaint regarding your faulty telephone line of 042-6371795 which we received on 28 -11-08 has been effectively addressed and rectified and your landline number is working. …

WooHoo…!!!
    Way to go, everybody who helped!

Thanks PTCL…

Hats off to Shiraz though! brilliant idea!

19. Shiraz says:
    November 28th, 2008 9:27 am

Adeel,

that is cool. now I need to find this guy and ask him to remove the banner and ask Rana Imran of AP to take another photo ;-)
    so case is completely closed.. .

all..
    not to brag…but small things matter a lot to many people..so if you see issues posted here or somewhere and know people in these offices, extend the help..

also get in touch with elected officials..just be polite and on topic and ask them how we can help you etc..

shiraz

20. Irum says:
    November 28th, 2008 12:04 pm

Nice way to register complaint. But could it be a hoax. Ppl usually do not plaster their own number in public like this!

21. Usman says:
    November 30th, 2008 5:27 pm

hahaha….that’s pretty funny……but really lahori style…..!

22. Nazia says:
    December 2nd, 2008 7:04 am

It is very lovely.

23. javeria says:
    December 3rd, 2008 10:08 am

its really nice way i think to complain but i wont try it because its lahori style noe karachi people style……………..well its really funny but still what ever happens still dil hai pakistani…forever.

24. jAlpari says:
    April 30th, 2009 1:32 am

hehehe i am facing rude and cool attitude of exchange staff as well as 1218 staff but they are really suck.

I think i will call SLE on 2th may and if problem will not solve i will close DSL / fone service.

My prob was just abt dsl line but now they give me fone line which has all things poor and can not go back to dialup even.

They have all excuses.