Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/pakistaniat/public_html/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments.bak/paged-comments.php on line 31
Pakistanis Die. Pakistanis Cry. Again. : ALL THINGS PAKISTAN

Pakistanis Die. Pakistanis Cry. Again.

Posted on August 21, 2008
Filed Under >Adil Najam, Law & Justice, Society

Pakistan is in tears today. Yet again.

70+ people are dead in Wah today, as yet another cursed suicide bomber targets Pakistan and Pakistanis. The Tehrik-i-Taliban has taken responsibility for them. Only two days ago, 32 people were killed in a suicide attack on a hospital in the northern town of Dera Ismail Khan. Meanwhile incursions and attacks into Pakistani territory by American forces continue and fighting between militants and Pakistani forces rages in Bajur and other areas, killing even more.

In what continues to be war on and in Pakistan, Pakistanis continue to die. Pakistan continues to cry.

Some will call it the largest legacy of the Musharraf years. Some will read unstated messages within this murder and mayhem by these killers. Others will see it as the price in dead bodies that Pakistan pays in the War on Terror. Yet others will remind us that this is reaping what Gen. Zia-ul-haq sowed. There will be, I am sure, plenty more pontifications too – ranging from the absurd to the absurdly profound.

All I know is that today, yet again, Pakistanis die. Pakistan continues to cry.

Why must this murder and mayhem continue? I ask. When will it end? These, of course, are absurd questions themselves. Because we all know the answers. It will continue for as long as we let the killers kill and support their murders with our silence. Silence, of course, also kills. And some are condemned to cry silently.

120 comments posted

Comment Pages: [15] 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 51 » Show All

1. Tim Birdsong says:
    September 16th, 2010 9:13 am

This is a Video Diary of me crying tears everyday for 40-days for the suffering people of Pakistan
    (Link back in to see video updates. I will make one video a day for 40 days, from Aug.

2. Zaid Hamid says:
    September 8th, 2008 12:52 am

Please see and circulate this video!

This video of the latest edition of BrassTacks needs to be circulated to every Pakistani in the world! Do your duty and spread the word and expose the enemy game plan. The sinister game exposed is half the battle won for Pakistanis and Muslims.

Zaid Hamid

3. Qureshi says:
    September 7th, 2008 6:46 pm

I do not like Zardari much, but I think you need a politician to solve this violence and mess. If he can do that and stop these murders by the Taliban then he will have my support.

4. Umar Shah says:
    September 7th, 2008 1:16 pm

This is the legacy of Zia -supporter of the Afghan mujahideen and a foreign war, Benazir -mother of the Talibaan, her interior minister who recruited Mullah Omar, Nawaz Sharif -fundamentalist pleaser and Musharraf -coerced partner in the ‘war on terror’. Each of these despots let foreigners roam around freely in the country, establish themselves and sow the seeds of hatred against genuine freedom, progress, right of free speech & anything good or worthwhile and the price was and is paid by Pakistanis every single time. If we dont want to become another Yugoslavia we have to force these Arabs, Uzbeks, Chechens, Afghans and misc other non-Pakistanis out of Pakistan to prevent them from poisoning the hearts and minds of our people into committing such acts.

5. Syed Asim Hussain says:
    September 7th, 2008 9:35 am

Dear Adil Najam. This is my first visit to your site today. I came here from the link on Adnan Siddiqi’s blog expecting something different. But I am amazed and moved by the sincerity and power of writing here from you and also from many of the commenters. I have read a number of posts here and all the comments and while the subjects are very sad they give me hope that we still have people with a sensitive heart who are willing to stand up and speak out for that which is right and true. Keep it up please.

6. Waseem says:
    September 1st, 2008 10:08 am

The defense of death in the name of religion is the death of religion!

May Allah grant us the wisdom to live in peace rather than die in the name of false beliefs!

7. A. Jadoon says:
    August 30th, 2008 10:20 am

The comments her are funny and sad. Can everyone please keep their religious beliefs to themselves. Why advertise your convuluted beliefs to the world. Isn’t this disturbing focus on religion what got us into this mess. And, everyone, can you please STOP playing God. becoming a good Muslim yourself and people will follow you. Going around with a disturbed set of beliefs and telling people who is or is not a Muslim and threatening them with death is what Talibans do. Please spare us that!

8. Usman Kadiri says:
    August 29th, 2008 1:24 pm

@Masood

“I am born in a Muslim family. I love my Islamic heritage. I find myself most at home with Islamic culture. In fact I find it one of the most beautiful cultures.

Yet I do not accept theological tenets of Islam about God and Prophet as valid.”

Being born in a Muslim family or liking Islamic heritage have nothing to do with being a Muslim. Your views on God and prophet (PBUH) place you firmly outside the fold of Muslims.

“Please read your scriptures and your constitution. Both are explicit on this issue. Neither of them limit my rights to live in this country with dignity and self respect in line with my secular and atheist beliefs.”

This shows nothing but your ignorance. Blasphemy is a criminal offense as per both – Islamic scripture and Pakistani constitution.

Comment Pages: [15] 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 51 » Show All