Atta Ullah Eesakhelvi and the Cassette Revolution

Posted on November 22, 2008
Filed Under >Adil Najam, Music, People, TV, Movies & Theatre

Even the most ardent fans of Attaullah Khan Eesakhelvi will often under-estimate his importance in the history of Pakistan music. The importance of the Eesakhailvi phenomenon goes well beyond his songs and was central in literally changing the face of Pakistani music.

Music has always had a central place at ATP. We have featured Shoaib Mansoor’s Anarkali, Sohail Rana’s tunes, Masood Rana’s tangay walla khair mangda, songs filmed on Waheed Murad, Runa Laila’s songs, Mehdi Hassan’s milli naghmay, the timeless melodies of Madam Noor Jahan, the qawallis of the Sabri Brothers and Aziz Mian, and more contemporary fare from Junoon, Rabbi Shergill, Rahim Shah, Strings, Jazz renditions based on Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, and the multiple renditions of Bulleh Shah.

But from the very beginning I knew that I had to do a post on Eesakhailvi. And not just because I have been a huge fan of his; also because I think that even his fans do not appreciate the impact he had in launching the ‘cassette revolution’ in Pakistan.

There is rather little information on Attaullah on the Internet (Although since we originally wrote this post a wonderful fan site has been established). At one level this is rather surprising. At another level, this is typical for Attaullah Eesakhailvi.

Much of his personal life is shrouded in mystery; and myth. There have always been stories about how his music was as soulful as it was because his true love had been married to another man, that he had gone back and killed that man, landed in jail, and there – in grief and in memory – he had begun to sing. The story is nearly certainly not true. Although I suspect that there must have been a true love once.

Your Ad Here
Later, much later, he did marry – a ‘lady doctor’ is I recall – and for many diehard fans, that was what marked the end of the ‘real’ Eesakhailvi. But what I do know about him is as fantastic as this story. He became a sensation in the 1980s well before anyone heard him on television, film or radio. And that, back then, was unheard of. To become a ‘star’ you had to go through the music ‘establishment’ which was TV, film and radio, along with the music directors, poets, and producers. The way Attaullah Eesakhelvi by-passed the music establishment was by heralding a cassette revolution in Pakistan.

Recall that the 1980s was also when many of Pakistan’s rural poor found their way to ‘Dubai’ (i.e., the Middle East). Amongst the first things their new affluence brought for their loved ones in Pakistan were cassette recorders; around the same time, automobiles in Pakistan – especially including busses and trucks – started sporting cassette players. In short, the technological basis for the cassette revolution was now in place. TV, film and radio could no longer serve as ‘gate-keepers’ for musicians; and Attaullah Eesakhelvi was the very first to capitalize on this revolution.

He became a sensation not because someone in the music establishment ‘discovered’ him but because his cheaply produced and cheaply priced music cassettes (or ‘kaaste’ as the word was sometimes pronounced, at least in parts of the Punjab) became immensely popular amongst bus and truck drivers – which meant that his music was soon traveling far and wide!

This was no mean achievement. Not only did he ‘create’ a whole new market, he also gave his huge clientele something that they not only wanted but which would never have passed the scrutiny of the ‘custodians’ of music in Pakistan for whom his talafuz was never really correct and his surs were never really in place. In that assessment, they may well have been correct; but it is also true that in doing what he did he also launched the cassette revolution which would later allow the likes of Nazia and Zohaib Hassan, Munni Begum, Asif Ali, and later Vital Signs to also by-pass the system. Once he became the phenomenon that he did – and once his cassettes migrated from the decks on trucks to those on limousines in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad – he was embraced by the system. He became a regular on TV and in concerts (but only quite late in his career). However, there was never a place for him on Radio till much later – he did not fit any ‘genre’; his was not ghazal, not geet, not milli naghma, and not folk music in the traditional sense either. It was honest popular music – but not ‘pop’ music since so much of it was in Seraiki. And so he had to wait until Radio was ready for him.

Some would argue that his acceptance by the ‘system’ was not good for his music. He now had to conform to the 8 minute slot, he began singing more in Urdu, he started depending on other for the music as well as the words in his songs, he worked hard (too hard) on becoming mainstream. But in doing so the very edge that had made him a phenomenon began to disappear. His sound had been the sound of the rebel – and as a rebel it did not matter if his rustic tones were slightly harsh, slightly out of tune, and slightly angry. Once embraced by the system it becomes a little difficult to remain the rebel. That is why, for some of us, the taming of the rebel was not entirely a good thing; even though it opened up his work for ever wider audiences.

Here, for old times sake, are five wonderful songs Atta Ullah Khan Eesakhelvi.

The all-time great ‘Bol Sanwal’ (an early song and an early PTV recording)

The very very popular ‘aye theeva’ (a latter song from the ‘revival’ years).

‘Dil lagaya tha dillagi kay leaye’ (an Urdu improvision)

‘Balo Batian’ (an ever-green hit, whose presentation kept changing over the years)

Finally, idhar zindagi ka janaza, in the classic Attaullah style – part qawalli, part ghazal, part bait baazi.

Note: This post was originally written and posted in December 2006.

152 Comments on “Atta Ullah Eesakhelvi and the Cassette Revolution”

1. Asma says:
    December 10th, 2006 6:19 am

Well he’s certainly famous asa truck drivers fav most but certainly few numbers by him as bol sanwal .. qameez teri kaali – aye theva … are really fun to listen … I somehow through TV got chance to listen to some ghazals he sang and they were good (a bit unexpectedly):)

Out of context but yesterday for the first time I saw arif lohar in a decent dressing – he has launched a new video of famous song Jugni and I had to watch wondering if the man in shroud really is gent mutiyaar of pakistan :)

2. Sa'ad says:
    December 10th, 2006 10:00 am

My something inside of me died as last year i saw one of his video venturing into pop. Setting was at a poolside party and Mr Esakhelvi has just arrived in a jeep parked right at the edge of the pool and starts singing next to some wobbling semi dressed models who were trying to be cool…
    *VECTOR STRONG BAD VOICE: MY HEAD A SPLODE*

3. Daktar says:
    December 10th, 2006 11:20 am

What wonderful memories. I remember that even in early 1990s it was uncouth to listen to him. I had reletives who lectured me on my badd taste because I was listening to him. But he WAS a sensation. Always thought there was a ‘dard’ in his voice that was so real. I have not heard his new stuff but hear it is disappointing.

4. sepoy says:
    December 10th, 2006 1:57 pm

As someone used to quip, Eesakhelvi has a voice and a face for the cassette tape.

5. Sufi says:
    December 10th, 2006 8:27 pm

Adil sahab, this post is excellent and very informative. I have a lot of concerts of Khan sahab at home in which he gives details of his earlier life.

I don’t know why people think that if you listen to Attaullah you have a bad taste in music. It just don’t make sense to me.

Anyways, I have grown up listening to Attaullah (as my father was a big fan) and loathed his music for a bigger portion of my life. Its only after I started understanding our cultures, traditions & norms that I felt the need to listen to Attaullah once again and when I did, it was a great discovery. A lot of his (non-jhankaar) punjabi/saraiki songs are truly awesome. In a lot of his songs, you can actually hear the ‘dard’ ..

6. Ghalib says:
    December 10th, 2006 11:22 pm

well his a legend! but its when music is appreciated by so calle elite in apkistan then one becomes a muscian!he sang his heart ppl call him truck wala singer as he sings local poets the ones tht write their experiences that are shared by millions!he has a real voice that touches ur heart an soul! he himself says “he aint a singer” i have been to his live concerts an pvt mehfils an absolutely loathe him!later part in late 90s an now adays he has become commercial an much of his earlier music now been remixed with new videos that i guess kills the passion of the real cuisine!

7. December 11th, 2006 11:45 am

I wa sintroduced to Essakhelvi by the bus drivers in karachi (nearly 20 years ago or more), but then somebody who worked with us moved in and brought a small cassette player and a large collection of Essakhelvi tapes. That is when I heard the ‘real’ saraiki stuff and was amazed at how many tapes he had actually released in a short time.

I brought some of his tapes with me when I moved to the US and have heard them over and over in moments when I have wondered why I was still living so far away from home. His voice has a romantic ‘dard’ to it, as others have commented, but it is a sadness that is at the same time rejuvenating and uplifting.
    Where is he now and what is doing? how is his saraiki fan base holding up to the changes in his music? Once somebody in pakistan told me that when the ‘maim sahibs’ started listening to his music instead of the ‘maasis’, the speel of the crooning mesmerizer was broken.

8. Adnan Ahmad says:
    December 11th, 2006 1:00 pm

9. Sanwal says:
    December 11th, 2006 6:18 pm

Lala G was a lagend, is a legend and will remain a legend
    Aim of my life is to collecet lala G’z 402 albums that have been released so far

10. Sanwal says:
    December 11th, 2006 6:24 pm

[quote comment="15825"]It is alleged that Eesakhelvi would sit on the ravi bridge and would take a verse written on each bus going toward the GT road. After about seven buses the poetry for his one song would complete and he would come home.[/quote]

Some thing I must mention ere

Im sure you must have heard Pakistani Stage Shows actors saying stuff like this but one thing you got to remember these actors have no respect for der own parents, sisters and other relitiv one wouldnt expect them to respect Khan shaib

11. December 11th, 2006 6:29 pm

Dear Sanwal. As another committed fan of Lala ji, as you call him. May I please suggest that I think Adnan Ahmad was joking, and so were the stage show hosts you mention (I think its an Omar Sharif line). Having had teh pleasure of meting Attaullah Eesakhelvi a few times and having witnessed his ready smile and good sense of humor, I am quite sure that he woudl not have taken offence, but laughed it off. I think, so should we :-)

12. Sanwal says:
    December 11th, 2006 6:37 pm

Adil bahi I didnt take that as an offence I ve met Lala G God knows how many times, even recently lala g’z nephew had this stage show and lala g was der too and they started it live and Its not only Omer Sharif but Shoki Khan, Babo Baral and most of them I dont even know der names and Hopefully VERY SOON Im planing to have a lala gi fan hopefully sometime after Eid

13. Adnan Ahmad says:
    December 11th, 2006 6:59 pm

Sanwal, I was of course joking. And I am glad you weren’t offended.

I think your messages have highlighted the true essence of this post. May the force be with you.

14. Sanwal says:
    December 11th, 2006 7:13 pm

Well bro I started listening Lala G wen I was 12 and now Im 34 so one can imagin BUT Im really looking forward to have Fan Club up and runing as soos as possible

15. Urooj says:
    December 12th, 2006 2:06 am

Thank you for this nice post. It is so good to read a nice writeup about Essakhelvi. If you only hear the last song you will find out why he became a legend all over Pakistani for ordinary Pakistan. How many songs do you know that talk about Multan, Chakwal, Khushab and Mianwalli?

16. Sanwal says:
    December 12th, 2006 5:18 am

Well this is what making critics fink and say he get his poetry from bak of a bus or truck, but as matter effect if you listen it carefully its normly Ahmed Faraz, and Munir Niazi and other well known poet

PS: Im not getting offended LOL

17. Microbe says:
    December 12th, 2006 6:37 am

I must confess I am not a big fan of Atta Ullah Eesakhelvi, however he definitely is the cassette king. On a trip to the US I was asked by someone if I had heard his music and I couldn’t name but a couple of his songs. So I was told to go to a ‘desi’ market and buy a cassette.

At the shop I asked for an Atta Ullah cassette thinking that the shopkeeper would probably place a few in front of me and then I could ask him which one was the best in his opinion. To my astonishment the shopkeeper said, ‘Jinaab yahan toh dheeron cassette hain Eesakhelvi ke, aapko kaunsa chahiye?’. Then he pointed to a shelf which must’ve contained at least 35 cassettes. Don’t know if they were all different, or if that was the entire collection, but that day Mr Eesakhelvi sure did create a huge problem. Standing clueless I decided to buy the album which had some songs I had already heard. Which in a way defeated the purpose, but sometimes having too much choice is a bad thing.

Haven’t seen him on any channels lately, hope all is well with him.

18. Sanwal says:
    December 12th, 2006 3:58 pm

Well Khan shaib got record 402 albums out in the market and surely 35 aint the full collection Janab, and 2ndly Khan sahib doing all good met Khan shaib few weeks back, Khan shaib was on DM Digital (Live) for nearly 3 and haf hrs few weeks back

19. Sufi says:
    December 13th, 2006 1:34 pm

20. Blawal says:
    December 16th, 2006 3:09 pm

well udhaas sanwal bhai you do a lot for the fans of attaullah khan and keep it up and will the fan club have all the songs in your collection

21. Aannha Paagal says:
    December 16th, 2006 6:33 pm

Lala left out a verse in the U Tube rendition:

mayn ithay tay dhol mera Konya
    ohdi muthee vich maydhi dunya

mayra vay mahiya taynun nach kay manaee rakhsaan
    aap zaleel theesan tay taydhi izzat banayee rakhsaan

22. Ghalib says:
    December 16th, 2006 11:19 pm

Chakwal, Khushab and Mianwalli: You are right, cant think of any songs talking about these great places..[/quote]
    listen to his song “multan toon gujarkhan”
    and a verse “tenun lay k jana ha mianwali”
    an many more…

23. December 18th, 2006 7:50 am

ITS SO GOOD TO SEE THAT THERE ARE SO MANY FANS ONLINE AND YES I AGREE WE SHOULD START A FAN BASE. I HAVE MET THE LEGENDARY ATTA ULLAH KHAN MANY TIMES AND HAVE ALSO BEEN TO HIS PERFORMANCES AND HAVE THE VIDEOS TO THEM AS WELL. IF ANYONE NEEDS ANY SONGS OF ATTA ULLAH KHAN YOU CAN EMAIL ME ALI_YOUNIS786@HOTMAIL.COM

MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL

24. Sanwal says:
    December 19th, 2006 4:57 pm

[quote comment="17372"][quote comment="16347"]Urooj: “Amreeka kay na Japan kay, Hum to hain deewanay Multan kay” – Vital Signs

listen to his song “multan toon gujarkhan”
    and a verse “tenun lay k jana ha mianwali”
    an many more…
    i think truck walas are people!yes they dun use internet but they are like may poor people in pakistan a majority and he ssings fer them![/quote]
    10 out of 10 brother

25. Sanwal says:
    December 19th, 2006 5:23 pm

[quote comment="17564"]SALAM EVERY1 HOW ARE YOU ALL? IM A FAN OF THE LEGENDARY ATTA ULLAH KHAN ESAKHELVI. I HAVE ALL HIS CASSSETTES AND CDS AND VIDEOS AND VCDS. I ALSO SING HIS SONGS AND HAVE A WEBSITE http://www.aliyounis.net and also http://www.myspace.com/aliyounis

MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL[/quote]

Slam bro nice to meet you,did you add me to ur MSN, and on ur website are you the singer you got a good voice

26. December 26th, 2006 1:08 pm

SALAM SANWAL BHAI. HOW ARE YOU HOPE YOUR WELL. THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. YES IM THE SINGER ON THE WEBSITE AND YES I ADDED YOU ON MSN. WHEN DO YOU COME ONLINE?

27. Ghalib says:
    January 3rd, 2007 4:32 pm

Sanwal jee thanks!
    im a pothohari(from gujarkhan) and sariaki and pothohari has many things similar some time in 1997 in medical school i had some friends from mianwali was introduced to him and then it was rehmat Gramophone house(RGH) in chiniot bazar faisalabad and me:) heard alot!but left my khazana in fiasalabad for a junior and came to my home town rawalpindi after graduation.i have heard this guy live as well i have seen him cry as well,but this guy is an absolute class and he has a voice and and great emotional heart as a topping!
    Now im in usa and miss the khazana albums like dard ki sham and many more.and many live programs.

28. M waqas says:
    January 5th, 2007 2:12 am

29. Sanwal says:
    January 8th, 2007 6:54 pm

[quote comment="23676"]Sanwal jee thanks!
    Ur name is a song as well “neen bol sanwal” this guy and mansoor malangi(ik phul motiyey da maar k jaga” are legends they kept alive the sweet saraiki the punjab heritage![/quote]

30. Sanwal says:
    January 8th, 2007 6:57 pm

[quote comment="23991"]SALAM EVERY1 HOW ARE YOU ALL? IM A FAN OF THE LEGENDARY ATTA ULLAH KHAN ESAKHELVI….but i search one ghazal of attaullah khan essa khelvi plz give me the link on which this ghazal is available…..AA KAR HUMARI KABAR PE TU NE MUSKARA DIYA…………[/quote]

Wslam Waqas shaib I got this song give me ur MSN ID and I will post it to u

31. Blawal says:
    January 13th, 2007 12:41 pm

well udhaas bhai whnat time do you come online because please add me on msn BlawalHussain@hotmail.com

32. Sanwal says:

PAKISTAN ZAINDA BAAD

HUM WATAN ZANDA BAAD

KALIS_786@HOTMAIL.COM

34. Abid says:
    January 26th, 2007 10:20 am

Hi there…
    As it’s, I’m going to make a very unique call to the fans of Attaullah and I know, somehow, the greatest fan of his will respond…Here it’s…
    Can anybody post me some original punjabi ghazals of Attaullah..It’s near impossible to get them here, in India, that are flooded with hindi/urdu versions of his work…I tried it on the Internet but their quality is of no good..
    I know this is the odd thing and the way too, but I’ve no other alternative..
    If anybody wants to help, please email me at siimax@yahoo.com so that I can forward you my postal address…..

35. baba says:
    January 27th, 2007 12:04 pm

hi sanwal i think ur talking about the stage drama that was in eastham townhall, that was done by lala ji’z nephew called khuram and another guy. unfortunately i missed the stage drama that day, and ma father told me lala ji was there, as he is very good friends of lala ji’s. sanwal i think you should start thinking about creating a khan saab fan site, because it has been a long time that nobody has updated his official website, and also you have been thinking about it 4 a long time! :D

when he came to london that time i met lala ji at the heathrow airport as he was coming from lahore.

the dm digital program was also very good and i think he should do more shows on tv so people can get to see the legend, and that way lala ji will get more popularity.

36. Blawal says:
    January 29th, 2007 2:27 pm

Baba Ishq album is already released and the esakhelvi site has now got a forum and is updated very oftenly now and Can anyone get me that stage concert held by attaullah khans nephew Pupo Yaar Tang Na Khar Bhai sanwal email and tell me on BlawalHussain@hotmail.com

37. Sanwal says:
    January 29th, 2007 6:15 pm

[quote comment="31633"]sanwal:I ve met Lala G God knows how many times, even recently lala g’z nephew had this stage show and lala g was der too,Im planing to have a lala gi fan hopefully sometime after Eid

i am just waiting for lala ji to release another great album, which i was expecting when i went to pakistan at the beginning of the new year. i guess the album called ‘ishq’ is he’s latest.[/quote]

Baba bahi Asalamhalikum
    Baba bahi its a long story about this fan club I have got Khan shaib no know and when Khan shaib is bak 4rom Pak I will go and Meet and Insallah will have this fan club up n runing and as Khurum bahi, we both work for the same company,

38. Blawal says:
    January 30th, 2007 10:19 am

so udhaas bhai did u get me number

39. Sanwal says:
    January 30th, 2007 12:04 pm

What No? Khan shaibs bro I was strictly told not to give that no out person who gave me that no told me that she red my letter I wrote to khan shaib and lady said that I was like her brother and asked me not to give no out a big sorry blawal bahi

40. Farrukh says:
    January 30th, 2007 12:17 pm

No offence meant, my friends, but maybe this personal conversation between the two of you should happen over email and not in this public space? Thanks.

41. sana says:
    January 30th, 2007 3:47 pm

Salam 2 every 1. In early 90′s Lala Essakhelvi was on the top of people list i hate a lot.But when i moved 2 uk 4 my law education, the equation got opposite. Once , my Indian Room mate Rahila bring Lala cassete with her,i tanuted her a lot. But when i started hearing him (beacuse i have 2, as she was my mate), the Legends starts making his influence. After 2 months , i had alomst 25 cassets of him. when i asked my sister 2 send some cassets of lala G 2 me , she replied” Kia Tum Pagal Ho Gai Ho?”.Now i am a married women having 2 kids and also a lawyer by propfession ,so living a busy life, but Lala G is still the part of my life. Now i have about 200 cassets of him.

May He Live Long

Sana Khan

42. SARFRAZ HUSSAIN says:
    February 5th, 2007 12:55 pm

I LIKE THIS SONG VERY MUCH AND I AM VERY THANKFUL TO ATTAULA KHAN SAIB….

SARDARIANS@HOTMAIL.COM

43. SARFRAZ HUSSAIN says:
    February 5th, 2007 1:08 pm

my name is sardar sarfraz hussain and i am the student of second year. i like the song
    “DIL LAGAYA THA DIL LAGI KALIA”
    my all the family like Attulah khan saib very much specialy my grand mother and my mother…when they heard the attulah khan saib they becom said and weeping….

my father also like hie very much .

i wish to meet the the KHAN SAIB …

DEAR SIR IF YOU HAVE TO RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE SO KINDLY INFORM IF YOU LIKE ….YOU ARE GREAT SIR …

SIR REPLY PLEASE ON THIS ID

SARDARIANS@HOTMAIL.COM
    SARFRAZIANS@YAHOO.COM

44. Blawal says:
    February 5th, 2007 2:20 pm

visit esakhelvi.com

45. jhanjharewali says:
    February 6th, 2007 8:15 am

salaam doston,

for the last 10 years i have been searching for a song of the legendary Attaullah Khan Essakhelvi. its in punjabi and the starting lines are (almost ;)) like this: “emi na lakeera utte maar tu lakeer ve, eho jeha rang bhar bole tasveer ve”
    if some knws of a site onlin where i could d/load it, i’d much appreciate!
    i can be contacted at jhanjharewali@hotmail.com
    thank u to anyone who can help me!!

46. Blawal says:
    February 7th, 2007 10:21 am

ask udhaas bhai hes got a wide range of attaullah khan songs am sure hell able to help u

47. Sumaira says:
    February 14th, 2007 8:31 pm

Salaam Guys..

Does anyone know of a song by Attaullah Khan that either starts off with or has ‘teri gungushta…’ Im sorry I cant be more specific.

Your help would be appreciated

thanks

x

48. Sumaira says:
    February 15th, 2007 6:50 am

actually correction guys…. i think its ‘Eh gungushta’ as oppose to ‘teri’

thanks

49. iFaqeer says:
    February 15th, 2007 1:38 pm

A couple of things I think bear mention, and while Adil hinted at one, he didn’t come out and say it.

I came to listening to what Adil now tells me was rather late in his career. But one of the things I most respected about the phenomenon of Attaullah was that he was one of those rather rare things in Pakistan that were a “social equalizer”–people of all classes, social backgrounds, and cultural backgrounds were into him.

Secondly, as I have said before, despite my being a rather dyed-in-the-wool ethnic Urduwallah, I find the following lines about the most beautiful and profound expression of patriotism; maybe of Pakistaniat itself:

pawaan wassay thoo wilaeth,
    asaan karaan ni nee riaeth,
    saanoo lay kay jaana ey Mianwaaaaali…

now I can go about my day with that and “…khaabaan wich aaan waaliyay…” echoing in my head…

50. Sanwal says:
    February 17th, 2007 7:19 pm

[quote comment="34219"]Salaam Guys..

Your help would be appreciated

thanks

x[/quote]

It might be a lyric from “Eh Theva Mundri Da Theva” but never heard of “Eh Gungushta”

51. Irfan Malik says:
    February 20th, 2007 9:29 am

Atta Ullah Khan is name of a tradition. I dont think any other person got so much love from Pakistanis as he did. When life looks gloomy and bleak and you find no way out, you must turn to Lala Gi’s voice for help because it is a voice from heavens. He ruled over horizons of Pakistani music for over thirty years and he is still carrying on. Poets introduce singers but Lala gi introduced poets. He is the focal point of folk music in our country. Every thing revolves around him.

52. Blawal says:
    February 20th, 2007 2:37 pm

well something i am not happy about is that udhaas bhai has left as he had a wish to meet khan shaib and open a fan club but he rang khan saab and khan saab didnt answer he rang many times and he thought that khan saab aint bothered so he said forget it and 17th february was his last day on as is internet he was going to close it and not subscribe for internet so thats not a good thing coz he wont come back and talk to us he is one of the biggest fans of khan saab he has all his albums and about 80 vcds and all his cassetes

53. MALANG says:
    February 25th, 2007 1:02 am

Songs by the old and original Attaullah were a treat and still memorable. But many of his new work is quite bad. Trying too mark to be modern and losing what made him special to begin with.

54. February 23rd, 2007 5:14 am

Udaas bhai dont be udaas…. REMEMBER
    Dont try to meet the celebrities, especially if you love and admire them. Because it can result into total disappointment. But we must not forget that they are so busy that they dont have time to see each and every fan. I am dying to see Essa Khelvi, but I never tried to meet him as I know that if he didnt have time for me when I call on him, then my dreams will be shattered in a jiffy. I recon him a HEAVENLY creature. But he is not out of reach. mind you. He sings for us and loves us all.

55. Arif Khan says:
    February 23rd, 2007 5:50 pm

Dear friends,

I a a big fan of Attaullah khan, as my uncle was a Deputy Commissioner in Maniwali and I have pleaure to attend many private party, where Attaullah khan sung. I am in the UK right know, busy with my studies at Cambridge and honestly missing the quality time I have had bcak home, when I was often listening his music.

Dear friends and folks, if you have any old and new saraki songs of Mr Eassakhalvi please do email them to me and I hope by listening them my nostalgia feeling peter out.

arifkhan26@yahoo.com

Thanks in anticipation

56. Blawal says:
    February 24th, 2007 6:00 am

well does anyone have attaullah khan videos if do please tell me either rite on here or you can email me on BlawalHussain@hotmail.com

57. javed bahawalpur says:
    February 26th, 2007 12:32 pm

i like old songs and ghazels of attaullah. he is best singer in pakistan at this time.

58. Ghalib says:
    March 5th, 2007 1:46 am

[quote comment="25599"][quote comment="23676"]Sanwal jee thanks!

Salam Galib shaib you know what Im fron Gujar Khan as well but another 25KM fron Gujar Khan a lil city caled BEWAL Way Bol Sanwal is a beautiful song and I got many more too, as u mentioned Mansoor malangi did u know Khan shaib did sing Ik Phul Motiyah Tha Mar kay as well if you want any of these songs let me know[/quote]
    OOOo Bishmillah mara Bewelliya!
    I have relatives in bewal and takal,actually my grand mum was from takal!khush kita ay rajay kee:)

59. Sanwal says:
    March 6th, 2007 8:22 am

[quote comment="36515"]
    OOOo Bishmillah mara Bewelliya!
    well i hear his songs online where ever i get the chance!sure mail me which songs u have ill let ya know[/quote]

Well gi ohay kush keeta hay u on MSN coz sum bro might get upset y we havin a faimly convo our ere, got a m8 Call Raja Naheem in Takal whos curantly in Itlay if u got MSN ID let me know

60. Ghalib says:
    March 9th, 2007 12:06 am
  61. Abdullah Khaliq says:
    March 11th, 2007 4:27 pm

sir im searching one of his song naming..”WOH PARDAY KAY PEECHAY MAIN PARDAY KAY AAGAY…NA WOH AIN AGAY NA MAIN JAON PEECHAY….MAIN PARDA HATAON TU DUNIYA HASAY GI”

Please help me in finding out diz song on Ataullah Khan EsaKhelvi.

Best Regards
    Abdullah

62. Sanwal says:
    March 11th, 2007 5:06 pm

Abdullah Shaib you are looking for song
    Idher Zindagi ka janza utthay ga udher zindagi un ki dhulan bunay gee, qayamat say pehlay qayamat hai yaro mayray samanin meri suniyeah lutay gee
    This song(Album) was released by Rehmat Gramophone House In Pakistan Vol no 4

63. Sanwal says:
    March 11th, 2007 5:07 pm

*Meri Duniyeah* Not Suniyeah (3rd Line)

Your Ad Here