A ‘Thank You’ Post: ATP Turns Three Today!

Posted on June 11, 2009
Filed Under >Adil Najam, >Owais Mughal, About ATP

Adil Najam and Owais Mughal

The very first post on All Things Pakistan came online on June 11, 2006. Today, we celebrate the completion of three years in Pakistaniat.

It has been a traumatic, but most enthralling ride. Today we write only to thank you all for sharing this ride with us. The ups as well as the downs. And there have been plenty of both.

In the past we have used or milestone posts (100th post, ‘Going Forward’ post, ‘Move to Pakistaniat.com‘ post, ‘Tangay Walla’ post, 6-month anniversary post, 1-year anniversary post, Redesign curtain-raiser post, 2-year anniversary post) to detail the philosophy of ATP, chart its development, make announcements, share our frustrations, and examine our achievements. All of those posts remain on record, and part of us hopes that you will go back and read them.

But our purpose in this post is merely to take a pause, catch our breath, and say, “Thank You, All!”

Pakistaniat Front Page ImagePakistaniat Front Page ImagePakistaniat Front Page ImagePakistaniat Front Page ImagePakistaniat Front Page ImagePakistaniat Front Page ImagePakistaniat Front Page ImagePakistaniat Front Page ImagePakistaniat Front Page ImagePakistaniat Front Page ImagePakistaniat Front Page ImagePakistaniat Front Page Image

Thank you for your companionship. Thank you for your community. Thank you you letting us be a small part of your routine. Thank you for tagging along even when we moderated out your comments. Thank you for letting us know (all too often) when you disagreed with us. Thank you for cheering us along when you thought we were moving in the right direction. Thank you for sending in your ideas. Thank you for pointing out our mistakes. Thank you for supporting our causes.

Thank you to the nearly 100 authors who have written over 1400 posts on this blog. Thank you to those who have written over 50,000 comments. Thank you to the nearly 6000 who follow us on newsreaders and RSS. Thank you to the 250+ readers who now follow us on Twitter. Thank you to the over 200 who follow us on Mobile phones. Thank you to the nearly 2400 who are ‘fans’ on Facebook and have now created a parallel Pakistaniat community there. Thank you, most of all, to the many millions (yes, multiple millions) who have visited this blog on Pakistan and have viewed many many more millions of pages.

Thank you, everyone, for having stayed for the ride. For those of you who have been with us from the beginning, thank you for having stayed on (we, too, miss the more intimate comments of those early days when ‘everyone knew everyone by name’). For those who have joined us more recently, welcome aboard and thank you for being part of this community. For those who were more frequent visitors and are no more, we hope you will keep coming back, even if less frequently.

What we cherish more than anything else – and the one thing that keeps us going – is the sense of community and companionship. The belief and the manifestation that we may disagree on much, but we share a bond of Pakistaniat. And, so, we thank you today for your Pakistaniat. It is your Pakistaniat that helps keep our Paistaniat alive. Thank you.

39 Comments on “A ‘Thank You’ Post: ATP Turns Three Today!”

1. Saadia says:
    June 11th, 2009 2:19 am

Congratulations ATP.

And Thank YOU. You have enriched our lives. You do a wonderful job. Well done.

2. ATP Fan says:
    June 11th, 2009 2:34 am

Mubarakbaad.

Well played, yaar!

3. Qausain says:
    June 11th, 2009 3:05 am

Congratulations…!!
    … or aap sab ka bohat bohat shukria kay aap logon nay hamain Pakistan kay bary main bay-intha malomat farham kee. Pakistan or uskay masail ko naye tareqay say sochnay, samjhnay or phir uspay har tarah kay background say taluq rakhnay walay logon kay views parhnay or jannay ka moqa farham kia.
    “I must confess” :-P kay is blog nay meri Pakistaniat main kafi izafa kia hay, main nay ye blog shayed Dec-Jan say parhna start kia tha lakin pichlay 2-3 months main main nay ATP kay taqreban sary topics perh dalay, kuch samjh aye kuch nahi, lakin is say meri Pakistan kay lia jo mohabbat (hubul-watni) hay usmain izafa hoa hay, kionkay buraian to har banda achi ker layta hay lakin jo positive points hain unhain likhna or paysh kerna her kisi kay naseeb main nahi hota.
    Jo hamray Pakistani behn bhai mulk say baher hain un kay liaye to ye blog aik nemat say kam nahi per Pakistan main rehnay walon kay lia bhe aik bhatreen forum hay jahan per wo apnay masail discus ker saktay hain or apni awaz aagey pohncha saktay hain.
    Again ATP ke pori team ko bohat bohat mubarakbad or shukria … Allah(SWT) ATP ko mazeed taraqi ata farmain or unkay maqasid ko kamiabi ata farmain … Ameen..!!
    ATP Khappay ;-)

4. K Kalame says:
    June 11th, 2009 5:13 am

CONGRATULATIONS

You have created a platform of substance for so many interesting voices. That is a wonderful achievement. I hope you grow by leaps and bounds in the years ahead.

Well done !

God Bless.

5. Farrukh Shahbaz says:
    June 11th, 2009 5:23 am

I believe you are the same Adil Najam which I know. You used to live in street 31 of G-6-1/3 (incidentally the same street from where they caught Al-Qaeda member last week) and study in Islamabad College for Boys. If my memory is still with me, you had KE-100 or 175 in blue color. You had been a role model for us during school and later in Engineering University Lahore. You were an excellent debator and I have never seen you losing. Once you represented students in a talk show hosted by Laeeq Ahmad, after which you were offered your own host show on PTV.

One of my friends once forwarded me your article from this blog and after going through your profile I found you are the same Adil Najam that I know. Yours and Osman’s efforts in keeping Pakistaniat alive in us are really commendable. I have been a regular visitor of your blog for the last one year. I have placed it in my igoogle home page and every morning I follow the blog religiously. The best part of this community is that we are patient, tolerant and accept positive criticism.

Keep up the good work

6. June 11th, 2009 6:02 am

You people are doing a great job! Thanks for being the best bloggers of Pakistan.

7. Nabeel says:
    June 11th, 2009 6:12 am

Congratulations. May you have many many more

8. bonobashi says:
    June 11th, 2009 6:26 am

Thank you for providing a refuge not merely for the normal and sane, those who, in one commentator’s words, are “patient, tolerant and accept criticism,” but also those curiousities of nature like me, eccentric and excitable souls who are usually chased out in short order by less warm-hearted and understanding fora.

May you flourish like a banyan tree and offer shade and refuge to all.

9. --- Naseer says:
    June 11th, 2009 6:27 am

— CONGRATULATIONS & JUBILATIONS !!!

May the World see more of our Pakistaniat being reflected in this Forum magnificently managed by ATP team.

With warm regards to the entire team at ATP.

Sicerely

Naseer

10. Faraaz says:
    June 11th, 2009 6:34 am

Happy Birthday ATP.
    Truly this blog has been an intellectual hub.

11. K Kalame says:
    June 11th, 2009 7:14 am

I think a BIRTHDAY PRESENT is in order.

This is what I suggest. Everyone of us puts an ATP web link of the most read post in the recent past on our facebook page and also sends an email to all our friends with our favourite post of all time. And last we send an email to DAWN TV and GEO recommending they do a story on ATP and its founders.

This will be a small contribution to promoting ATP.

A gift from ATP readers to the Awesome Two Pakistanis (ATP).

I came up with that :) ( Madagasscar )

12. Kousar Khan says:
    June 11th, 2009 7:25 am

Congratulations ATP.

13. June 11th, 2009 8:04 am

Exclusive Documentary “Another Pakistan”

14. Shiraz says:
    June 11th, 2009 8:24 am

Adil & Najam Sahib,

Congratulations for excellent work in keeping ATP a interesting, knoweldgeable and interactive forum!

One suggestion..
    Most of the articles list issues and problems in Pakistan. I believe we should encourage authors to provide some concrete and practical solutions to problems faced by Pakistan as well!

Some authors did do that and it was refreshing..we need to do more of that.

In this regard, it will help if we can hear your thoughts on solving Pakistan’s energy crisis, education issue etc.

Most of the people on this list and other forums do have immense practical experience in solving many challenging issues but we don’t seem to converge to solve problems faced by Pakistan.

Last, encourage President’s and Office bearers of Alumni of Pakistani Universities to write article as much as they can.
    Collectively they represent best minds in Pakistan and will be a valuable addition to ATP.

15. Darwaish says:
    June 11th, 2009 8:28 am

Thank you ATP for giving us a platform to share our thoughts and views. Congratulations!!

16. June 11th, 2009 8:36 am

Wow, Thumps Up ATP. Please Accept loving wishes from The Pakistani Spectator

best regards

Ghazala Khan

17. AMIN PANAAWALA says:
    June 11th, 2009 11:17 am

while congratulating on completion of 3 years of ATM,and conveying for ATM my best wishies and best prayers,I advice you as senier pakistani of 76 years of age,that project and discuss pakistan movement and causse for demanding PAKISTAN and given unprecedental sacrifices for our beloved country that will show your PAKISTANIAT.*MAP*

18. Farrukh says:
    June 11th, 2009 11:49 am

Mubarakbad.

You have become a part of the daily lives of so many, and not just Pakistanis.

I think the thing that keeps bringing me back is a certain decency in how how issues are discussed here. So even if one does not agree, one is willing to discuss respectfully.

19. J.A. Smith says:
    June 11th, 2009 1:13 pm

Congratulations on your birthday, and thank you for showing me so many new dimensions of my beloved Pakistan, my second home, the country that has shown me how to think, how to love, and how to appreciate the many good things in my life.

20. Roxio says:
    June 11th, 2009 1:38 pm

Owais,
    Congratulations on ATP’s 3rd anniversary.
    There is still room for improvement.Firstly there is far too much space given to visual contents;photographs and videos etc.ATP should develop and transform into a mature blogging platform.A few photos here and there are okay but people should eb encouraged to write more and discuss more.

Secondly too many different topics make it hard to follow who said what.

21. S.K.A. says:
    June 11th, 2009 2:13 pm

Wonderful job guys. You have produced an amazing site and there are now so many other blogs that are now trying to copy you, but none comes close. You have set high standards for them :-)

22. Uzma says:
    June 11th, 2009 2:18 pm

Heartiest Congratulations to the Pakistaniat team. Keep it up!!!

23. ikhlaque says:
    June 11th, 2009 3:23 pm

Thank you. You have done a great job, I read pakistaniat.com every day!

24. Bazigha Hasan says:
    June 11th, 2009 3:36 pm

congratulations

Your blogs are interesting, educational ,challenging and thought provoking
    Some are entertaining as well
    Keep up the good work

25. Mustafa says:
    June 11th, 2009 4:33 pm

Thank You My Pakistaniat. You have been my companion and my friend for the last 3 years. Thank you for being there in tough times and Thank you for being there when there was a reason to smile :-)

Most of all, Thank You for helping the people of my country and Thank you for providing the opportunities to unite and help!

I wish you the very best!

26. AbuMaleeha says:
    June 11th, 2009 5:05 pm

Joyeux Anniversaire..!
    Thankyou for a very decent site with info on a lot of Pakistanis and areas in Pakistan i knew little about…
    Vive la Pakistaniat..!

27. BD says:
    June 11th, 2009 5:47 pm

No sir, it’s you and your team we all should thank for feeding us with magnificent content and fostering a wonderful community that engages in spirited discussions.
    All the best!

28. zia m says:
    June 11th, 2009 7:34 pm

You are much more comprehensive than newspaper journalism.
    Thank you for providing a really cozy place to hang out.

Best wishes!

29. Roshan says:
    June 11th, 2009 9:44 pm

Happy third anniversary for Pakistaniat community and ATP team. Its always refreshing to be on ATP and eagerly waiting for new post. The beauty of this community is the process both technical and valuable contribution from authors and commenters of the posts.
    The topics are diversified covering all good, bad and ugly part our system and society. Yes, a lot of ATP early birds including me are not participating as frequently as we used to be. My apologies for that but hats off for both Adil and Owais whose commitment with ATP kept us together as a community in good and hard times.

30. Eidee Man says:
    June 12th, 2009 12:28 am

Congratulations to the team and everyone else. I’ve been with ATP since its inception and the reminder that ATP is only three years old really shook me since it has become such a solid part of my routine!

31. Daktar says:
    June 12th, 2009 12:36 am

Like other people have mentioned, the great thing about this blog is that there is a certain decency about it which I think comes from the two editors. I might disagree with individual posts, but I always respect the integrity of this site. There is fairness even when their political opinions are strong. I have noticed how when things get heated up they will be equally harsh to anyone breaking the rules (has happened to me myself) and it does not matter if the person is agreeing with their view point of not. To me that is why I respect this site and no day goes without me checking it out a number of times.

32. Waheed says:
    June 12th, 2009 1:52 am

Jeo Pakistaniat!

33. June 12th, 2009 1:57 am

Some comments posted on the ATP Facebook Page:

- “Great job ATP! Since i found ATP site about a year ago i am a regular visitor to the site. ATP provide information which are not easily found on Net or other Pakistan Media sites. ATP is simply “EXCELLENT”"

- “ATP is a great site
    Rare but, important information
    That could put any history, geography
    general knowledge etc books
    In Pakistan, to shame..
    I love this site..
    **^*^..”

- “i hve recently joinrd ATP and it is indeed very gud”

- “so happy birthday ATP
    as 2day is also my bday”

- “happy bd..keep doing good job..hats off 2 u guys..”

- “Congrats, Happy Birthday, You guys make us proud…:)”

- “Gud Luck….Keep up the Gud Work….God bless u…”

- “congratulation! I hope we will see more discussions and thought provoking topics in future.”

- “congratulations! ALL THINGS PAKISTAN—ZINDABAD. Long may u continue.”

- “shabash….and mubarak ho”

34. Iftikhar-ur-Rehman says:
    June 12th, 2009 2:59 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ATP !!!!!!!!

June 12th, 2009 10:52 am

Thank you all for the wonderful messages of support. you have recharged my batteries :) “aap readers ki wajah se hi bazm mein raunaq hai”. Adil deserves most of the praise because he has single handedly managed the page through all thick and thin.

June 12th, 2009 10:52 am

Roxio, all good suggestions. I agree, at times we’ve been too heavy on graphics/photos. We’ll however, continue to do so in some moderation. Just a text post won’t appeal to all. Many readers come for full audio-visual experience :) You must’ve noticed even Dawn newspaper website has gone from text only to being heavy on graphics.

37. June 12th, 2009 11:46 am

Beautiful journey of insight into Pakistan.

Specially for the youth who were not aware of many personalities who worked for Pakistan’s progress; yet they remained the unsung heroes in eyes of govt and our Pakistan Studies books.

Thanks Pakistaniat for making up proud of what we own :)

Blog On!

38. ShahidnUSA says:
    June 12th, 2009 7:32 pm

Sometime I feel I am a host and sometime I am a guest
    One thing for sure you never made me feel anything less.

Oh pride of Pakistan
    Celebrate it, you,ve earned it

Champagne wishes and caviar dreams
    May your life be as sweet as peeches and creams.

39. Shazia R. Hussain says:
    June 13th, 2009 3:29 am

Happy Birthday ATP!
    God bless Pakistan and Pakistaniat!