Following photo appeared in Dawn of January 13, 2008. It shows yet another use of rickshaw. After a sudden drop in winter temperature, this guy bought a water heating geyser from Saddar, Karachi and is seen hauling it in the ever-versatile carrier of Pakistan, the rickshaw.
The Jet Rickshaw?
When I first saw the title photo of this post, it reminded me of an episode from ‘Thomas the Tank Engine’ children series about a jet engine.
That is why I decided to name our Rickshaw as a jet rickshaw in the title. When you see the following video, especially from timeline 1 min 45 sec onwards, you’ll see the resemblance and you will know what I am talking about.
At ATP we’ve had a special fascination for a Pakistani Rickshaw. Here are some related ATP posts on rickshaw:
1. Rickshaw for transporting Fresh Chicken meat,
2. Rickshaw as a moving billboard,
3. Rickshaw transporting another Rickshaw,
4. Rickshaw Transporting a bakra (goat),
5. Rickshaw for transporting People ,
6. The Pakistani Rickshaw – Art and Engineering Together,
7. A Virtual Rickshaw Ride, and
8. CNG Rickshaws Arrive in Pakistan
9. D48436 Karachi – Exposed