hota tha pehlay ishq lifafay ki maarfat
ab kaam chal raha hai faqat ‘dot com’ se
Khalid Irfan is a New York based Urdu language poet. His poetry encompasses issues of Pakistan and Pakistani community abroad in a humorous style.
He is not new to ATP. Six months ago Shahran Asim of Urdu Talk Radio fame had an introductory post on him. Few days ago, he sent me the link to Khalid Irfan’s official website and that has prompted me to share more of his poetry with you.
(1) First qataa is titled as ‘Keeping a Distance’ and it talks in a lighter sense about the ditance that has creeped between different communities in the past few years.
(2) Following qataa is titled as ‘Scholar’ and it talks about the immigrnats who inspite of being meagerly educated in their home countries wrongfully act like scholars abroad.
(3) Following qataa is titled as ‘For the love of the Dollar’. It talks lightly about how seeking of wealth makes people loose out on their identity.
(4) Following qataa is titled as ‘Online’.
(5) Following qataa is titled as the Foreign Policy.
(6) Following qataa is titled as the ‘Night Full of Pain’ and humorously talks about how some leaders of developing world come to US, enjoy their stay as official guests and then go back without doing any thing good (e.g. lobbying/diplomacy) for the benefit of their people.
Credits: All the poetry above comes from Khalid Irfan ‘s official website here.