Turning Despair on its Head: Very Smart. Very Nice. Very True.

Posted on August 15, 2010
Filed Under >Adil Najam, Economy & Development, Music, Poetry, Society
17 Comments
Total Views: 42722

Adil Najam

This new August 14 video from Zong is very well done. A very smart idea. Very well executed. And so very right in the message it conveys. Take a watch. Keep listening carefully, and if you know how to then read the text carefully. The magic lies there.

Hope, after all, is just turning despair on its head.

One should also take a moment here to acknowledge that there have actually been some wonderful television messages from telecommunication companies that have very elegantly tries to influence and improve the national conversation. A few that we have featured at ATP include: Mobink’s tribute to Mehdi Hassan Yeh Watan Tumhara Hai (here and here); Zong’s Sabb keh do on Pakistanis abroad (here); Zong’s Mother Day song (here); Mobilink’s tribute to Ustad Amanat Ali Khan Ae Watan, Piyare Watan (here); Mobilink’s tribute to Farida Khannum, Hum Bolain Mohabbat ki Zaban (here).

17 responses to “Turning Despair on its Head: Very Smart. Very Nice. Very True.”

  1. Asim says:

    @Sadia Hussain

    “…Our resilience to catastrophes shows that we are a strong nation which will not give up to calamities or terrorism.”

    ummm…I think you missed the entire past 40 years news regarding Pakistan. We have never been able to come out of any catastrophe on any kind without begging the world for help/donations. We continue to honor corruot polictyicians and make them our PMs and presidents. We hate every other Pakistani who doesnt belong to our caste.

    On top of that, 80% of our population will now think that these catastrophes are the result of us not following that path of Talibans/alqaeda/sunni tehreek, Jamate-e-islami and 1000’s of more mullah created orgs. the other 20% will think the exact opposite.

  2. Sadia Hussain says:

    A beautiful message indeed, this tells us that in these gloomy times our unity and faith in our systems can bring back a prosperous Pakistan. Our resilience to catastrophes shows that we are a strong nation which will not give up to calamities or terrorism.

  3. Asim says:

    I wish I didnt have to sound so pessimistic here and say, “we need to quit lieing to ourselves and start being practical….only that will fix all our problems…nothing else!”

    by the way, it hurts to read post like http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100816/ap_on_bi_ge/as _pakistan_floods where it says, “…government officials only handed out food when media were present.”, i wasnt there to witness that, however this is so easy to believe based on our past history.

  4. Monkey says:

    Fantastic, fantastic ad. Please also feature the Ufone ad. It’s got a great voice-over. And a nice message too.

  5. Azra says:

    Nice one.
    I do think that this sense of depression is now itself taking a toll and needs to be changed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*